+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    If you wanna fix duping you have to start by banning some players from this game that are at the core of this problem like Maha, shes a twisted manipulative narcissist without boundries because rohan = life. She'd probably sell nudes to get duped items if she had to lmao.
    She is pure evil. no doubt.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OrdinoArcalis View Post
    I wouldn't work with you, frankly. You're probably one of the worst ever to work with. When fire happens in your house, you don't take 3 months testing what would be the best to stop the fire. You don't go alpha/beta/gamma/production. Your house is already burnt by the time you done that process. It's a matter of understanding what's happening, and adressing either a shutdown til it's fixed, either a temporary fix by locking the forge system.

You don't let a fire burn your whole house. You stop it by any means, and time COUNTS. A lot. There are situations where you HAVE to adress a problem in 3 days. Take 3 months ? You're fired. If you were working for facebook or any other big companies, or even as a diplomat, you should know that for certain things, like crisis communication, there is no beta test. Neither there is 3 months response. It's a live response that has to be perfect.

Oh and, not only everyone says the management is one of the worst, but their communication skills are apparently non-existent.
    You are trying to compare pserver developers with a real company? You are trying to tell somebody that has actually worked in that environment with one of the largest software companies in the world for 25 years how it works? Again you show how you haven't a clue. Go find a job working in software support then come back and tell us how long it takes to put out even the most minor of fixes. You have a whole lot to learn son. Frankly if you were working with me and had the attitude you are showing here I would fire you within a week. And yes, I was in exactly the position to do that before I retired.

One year later. When everyone had left the game

They lost like 3/4 of the server population with that issue. Thinking that using gameguard would work was their worst move.
    Hmm, let's see - having 400 people playing then having 100 left. Why did that 100 stick around? gameguard has been a part of the game since day 1. It is a client side antihack system that is licensed and supported by INCA. That means they didn't have to write their own. You think pservers handle duping any better? In some cases they do because they don't rely on client-side AH. In most cases they are vulnerable to all kinds of client-side hacks (ever heard of something called sorien?). You know of a better way to handle hacking? I'm sure PWynkI would love to hear from you.

Nah. 3/4 of the people left because they were playing a game

1) full of hackers
    2) they were spending money against people that were hacking and were getting everything for free
    3) this wasn't even one second funny.

the 1/4 left ended banned except 2 or 3 people who got released by dealing that issue with gms.
    OK. so 3/4 left because of hackers and 1/4 left because of being banned. 4/4 = 100% gone. How is your math working? I think you just shot your credibility in the foot there son.

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    We all agree GG is the biggest pile of 3^%$*^%2$&%%&56*13^%&6*^&*^*%*&$&^ ever added in a game specially this one. They should fix everything server sided and security based of on server sided. Try haxxing dupping etc etc etc will be recorded in logs o.o

About the fire in the house thing, you did went through all that its just that your brain works faster than a group of devs doing it and physically taking action. Taking action on a fire situation doesn't require testing just action -_-
    Yeah GG sux mostly because it really does nothing server-side except maintain a heartbeat. The game (and this includes most korean games) depend on GG to police the user's computer for memory editors and man-in-middle stream hacking processes. It is INCA that has to deal with issues like duping and forging hacks since PWynkI is paying license fees for just that reason. PWynkI is dependent on INCA's fixes. Hence they will deliver fixes to YOU depending on how long it takes INCA to deliver the fixes to them. Don't like that too bad. It is the AH support model that is being used by just about every f2p korean game out there.

pservers disable GG (if they know how) and use server side AH (most of the more dodgy ones use none at all). The effectiveness of those is a little dodgy and need to constantly evolve. A couple work relatively well, but every single one of them has a backdoor that only the AH developer knows. They make you pay a monthly license to use them and if you don't pay, kiss your pserver goodbye. I've seen it happen many times over. If you use an AH in the pserver world and you did not write it yourself (trust me when I say that very few pserver devs out there are smart enough to do that) You are sitting on a time bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    I can say that if you have to work with any company broadside it's going to take a while - believe me.

Don't expect quick solutions if you're not the mother company. I have to deal with Sweden/France/Turkey on a daily basis and I can't imagine Korea being any different.

You send your report, they take ages to reply. Usually they misunderstood the most obvious and so it goes back and forth.. Then when they finally come with a solution, it's either no longer valid or outdated and all you can do is mopping up and do some damage control.
    Not ever will they agree to the solution you present, regardless if it's the best thing to do or not. They want their say. Unless you're on very good terms but even then.
    You would think they would learn from the first time (and thousands of euros), but alas. They simply do not. And the money raises quick.
    Another one that gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    If you wanna fix duping you have to start by banning some players from this game that are at the core of this problem like Maha, shes a twisted manipulative narcissist without boundries because rohan = life. She'd probably sell nudes to get duped items if she had to lmao.
    Problem is that there are so few players here to support the server that any big spenders getting caught hacking are not put out permanently. They always end up coming back like cockroaches & bedbugs.

stop posting you.

I need my post count to be higher than you.
    Calm your tits Hailey.

Banned
    PJ, that's nice but I've been working as a diplomat for almost 3 years, then joined in top position at Facebook for 6 months, and I am currently in French President closest circle, as advisor, dealing ****s you don't have any idea of.

Believe me, you're not even at 1/100 of my level.

Beta tests/tests/etc = waste of time. Everything has to be perfect on the 1st shot or you're fired.

Banned
    OMG you are so full of bovine excrement that I am laughing my brains out here.

OK, so you are a janitor cleaning François Hollande's toilet. That would certainly put you in his "closest circle" and it certainly gives me a very good idea what kind of sh!ts you are dealing with lolmfao!

Not sure how in the hell that (if it were even remotely true) would have any bearing whatsoever in your qualifications of knowing better than someone who worked in the software development industry for 25 years. (Hint: It doesn't - just sayin')

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post

OK, so you are a janitor cleaning François Hollande's toilet. That would certainly put you in his "closest circle" and it certainly gives me a very good idea what kind of sh!ts you are dealing with lolmfao!

Not sure how in the hell that (if it were even remotely true) would have any bearing whatsoever in your qualifications of knowing better than someone who worked in the software development industry for 25 years. (Hint: It doesn't - just sayin')
    Was it too bad of me to laugh out loud way loud on this? xD
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post

When your house is currently facing a huge fire, as duping issue happened, it shouldn't take one year to give a response. It's burned by the time you even react.

Yet, you were aware of that, you even tried to sell the "antihack" code to YNK, and you failed.

**** happens.

Banned
    of course I haven't been in gaming industry. I've been way over that, dealing about situations which need instant responses, without any failures. I have done crisis communication. I have done immediate public policies, and so on.

I hope everything is doing well in your new house. I wouldn't you to experience a fire happening and emergency rescue coming one year later.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Was it too bad of me to laugh out loud way loud on this? xD
    Nope, because hey, HE WORKED IN SOFTWARE INDUSTRY.

Oh lol.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    PJ, that's nice but I've been working as a diplomat for almost 3 years, then joined in top position at Facebook for 6 months, and I am currently in French President closest circle, as advisor, dealing ****s you don't have any idea of.

Believe me, you're not even at 1/100 of my level.

Beta tests/tests/etc = waste of time. Everything has to be perfect on the 1st shot or you're fired.
    It explains why France is so fk'd up, though.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher