+ Reply to Thread

For Your Consideration - Is there anyone I could contact about working with PWI on RH

Ok, So to start this off I'm not sure if anyone at PWI who has interacted with me in the past is still with the company or not but I have something of a history with this game and with this company... Not all of this history has been with us seeing eye to eye but at least some of it has been. There was a point in time where I had contact with staff members and they trusted my input.... there was also a point where my relationship with the company and staff was... strained...

All of this history and my actions came from a place of a deep love for mmorpgs in general and this game specifically.

I wasn't always on my best behavior during these interactions and I can for sure understand the positions the company/staff took on me at times...

Since these interactions became less frequent however I have progressed in my life... I've consulted for AAA game publishers(my.com, Mail.ru), I've started my own company(Cybersecurity consulting), I've gotten married and had a son and most recently I've entered something of a "soft retirement"

This soft retirement is basically that I don't need to work to pay my bills but I do need to have a job to maintain my sanity... I've been looking for a job that would keep me sane while also focusing on something I can be passionate about. What has come to mind is that above all I would like to get back into active participation in the online games industry.

With the Rohan wipe there is an opportunity for the game to regain at least some of its former popularity and the problems that will likely come up and need solved are very interesting. I have always loved this game and would very much like to have some part in the process.

If I'm correct you guys have an office in Irvine and this happens to be my home city.

As I see it I have a lot to offer for any position on the team
    * Players on average trust me(at least older players), likely more than PWI at this point
    * Joining the team out of passion for the project rather than needing a job means I come cheap
    * I have experience with every aspect of managment of an mmorpg
    * I have experience with the IT side of the management of an mmorpg
    * Other experience that goes without saying...

I'm not expecting or asking for a response to this topic in any specifics all I'd like to know is if there is someone I could contact to maybe discuss this possiblity with? I no longer know anyones email from within the company and can only find support and general contact emails online...

Anyway either way, I plan to give the new fresh start a try and if working with you guys is out of the question I'll at least be arround as a player giving my unsolicited advice and feedback.

Good luck to the server, I hope it does well

They dont need your help or dont care about yours or players ideas (they said they will listen to community, but they NEVER did) their business plan is simple, get as much $$ as fast as possible, till hype is ON, than sry again but we dont know why players dont want to play p2w game anymore, so we shut this down again, but dont worry we will back soon. They act like bad pserver now ;p