+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    i started playing this game over 10 years ago

    im sure most of you werent here back when open beta started, but this was a totally different game back then. if you wanted something, you had to work for it. seeing someone in graham armor back then was like.....WOW! WHATS THAT ARMOUR? lol but now? youre a dumbass pussy if youre caught wearing graham armour. item drop rates and forging rates were low back then. even during their "forging" events

    before epic weapons and whatever else weapons were released, the servers were balanced. except for templars double buffing with a staff and then equipping a mace. that doesnt work anymore after almost 2 years of people complaining that templars were way over powered. epic weapons or whatever theyre called now, seriously threw things off. afterwards, they couldnt balance one server without throwing off another server severely.

    as much as id love to relive rohans golden era, i know that will never happen. i can honestly say, despite wanting to, i havent touched this game in years because of how bad ynk fucκed up with pay-2-win weapons :/ that was just as bad as fallout 76's cash grab at microtransactions. if ynk really wants to bring a lot of players back, id start figuring out a way to make things like they used to be. like.....it was rare to see someone with a lvl 6 skill and there was no way to keep a party going without everyone paying 100% attention to the game. if one person died in a party, the whole party usually would too.

    skill stones had a lower success rate back then too. you could use 10 skill stones and fail every time back then. i could live with failing skill stones that many times, but epic weapons? pfff....i actually had several chances to buy those weapons but i hated them so much that i refused to touch them and relied on skill like almost every player did before epics.

    btw, fucκ your forums auto block on explicit words, it doesnt work so well when i throw in some greek letters.

    ,,l,/
    Last edited by dumbrohan; 01-19-2019 at 12:50 AM.

  2. #2
    Time to disect this one step at a time as somebody who was here for open beta. Nostalgia aside some of this stuff is quite wrong.



    before epic weapons and whatever else weapons were released, the servers were balanced. except for templars double buffing with a staff and then equipping a mace. that doesnt work anymore after almost 2 years of people complaining that templars were way over powered. epic weapons or whatever theyre called now, seriously threw things off. afterwards, they couldnt balance one server without throwing off another server severely.
    This is just wrong, the game was not balanced just because everyone had sub 20k hp. The pre +18 era was actually the most balanced period of rohan and anyone who says otherwise is a retard(mafia).

    it was rare to see someone with a lvl 6 skill and there was no way to keep a party going without everyone paying 100% attention to the game. if one person died in a party, the whole party usually would too.

    skill stones had a lower success rate back then too. you could use 10 skill stones and fail every time back then. i could live with failing skill stones that many times, but epic weapons? pfff....i actually had several chances to buy those weapons but i hated them so much that i refused to touch them and relied on skill like almost every player did before epics.
    It was not rare to see somebody with lvl 6s in 2008 people literally made it a business out of selling tradable SES one of those people being me. Also we have something called indun which has been ****ting out SES stones since late 2009 I still dont even understand this argument like ofc there will be more ppl with all skills lvl 6 the game is almost 11 years old. Like the game has its problems but these are just hurr durr the game isnt the same as it was almost 11 years ago.

    Iceyy~~Certified Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Defender Avenger ???? Lumir ????? Noir (Ran)
    TERA: BANNED(65 Warrior) ALSOBANNED(65 priest) @DELETED GAME
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbrohan View Post
    im sure most of you werent here back when open beta started, but this was a totally different game back then. if you wanted something, you had to work for it. seeing someone in graham armor back then was like.....WOW! WHATS THAT ARMOUR? lol but now? youre a dumbass pussy if youre caught wearing graham armour. item drop rates and forging rates were low back then. even during their "forging" events

    before epic weapons and whatever else weapons were released, the servers were balanced. except for templars double buffing with a staff and then equipping a mace. that doesnt work anymore after almost 2 years of people complaining that templars were way over powered. epic weapons or whatever theyre called now, seriously threw things off. afterwards, they couldnt balance one server without throwing off another server severely.

    as much as id love to relive rohans golden era, i know that will never happen. i can honestly say, despite wanting to, i havent touched this game in years because of how bad ynk fucκed up with pay-2-win weapons :/ that was just as bad as fallout 76's cash grab at microtransactions. if ynk really wants to bring a lot of players back, id start figuring out a way to make things like they used to be. like.....it was rare to see someone with a lvl 6 skill and there was no way to keep a party going without everyone paying 100% attention to the game. if one person died in a party, the whole party usually would too.

    skill stones had a lower success rate back then too. you could use 10 skill stones and fail every time back then. i could live with failing skill stones that many times, but epic weapons? pfff....i actually had several chances to buy those weapons but i hated them so much that i refused to touch them and relied on skill like almost every player did before epics.

    btw, fucκ your forums auto block on explicit words, it doesnt work so well when i throw in some greek letters.

    ,,l,/
    typical, mad coz bad
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster



    New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

  4. #4
    Emperor EaglePhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Posts
    11,207
    You can just say fuck without Greek letters as well.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

    BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

  5. #5
    lil peeagle still alive wow

  6. #6
    the peagle never leaves the nest :P

    Iceyy~~Certified Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Defender Avenger ???? Lumir ????? Noir (Ran)
    TERA: BANNED(65 Warrior) ALSOBANNED(65 priest) @DELETED GAME
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

  7. #7
    honestly, with how toxic things have become lately, im not surprised by all the negative comments from (former) fellow players. i didnt say anything like that to any of you, but alright. i guess it comes natural to assholes. ~shrugs~ i gave my opinion about how the game turned out, that was all.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    You can just say fuck without Greek letters as well.
    Mijn favoriete Belg :P

    Quote Originally Posted by dumbrohan View Post
    honestly, with how toxic things have become lately, im not surprised by all the negative comments from (former) fellow players. i didnt say anything like that to any of you, but alright. i guess it comes natural to assholes. ~shrugs~ i gave my opinion about how the game turned out, that was all.
    you gave your opinion about the game, we gave our opinion about you, that's how it works around here hue
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster



    New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbrohan View Post
    honestly, with how toxic things have become lately, im not surprised by all the negative comments from (former) fellow players. i didnt say anything like that to any of you, but alright. i guess it comes natural to assholes. ~shrugs~ i gave my opinion about how the game turned out, that was all.
    Dont see any negative comments just clearing up the parts you got wrong.

    Iceyy~~Certified Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Defender Avenger ???? Lumir ????? Noir (Ran)
    TERA: BANNED(65 Warrior) ALSOBANNED(65 priest) @DELETED GAME
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

  10. #10
    @dumbrohan

    A little off topic but when you played back then, was there a mighty Dekan called LexusGS or Latvala?
    LexusGS 115 ran - Best Dekan in history retired
    Latvala 114 ran - 2nd Best Dekan in history retired


    GM WalkingDead retired


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
modify