Quote Originally Posted by studatlife912 View Post
Hello everyone,

I am a returning player(~09-14) and am currently building an Int DS atm. Thank you to White Arctic Fox for that guide and the time you put into it, the information presented there has been very valuable to my return.
I have read mixed reviews about getting a magic attack zhen vs a melee attack zhen, although it sounds counter intuitive to go melee on a magic atk char it makes sense in relation to temps and their int/melee construct. Any consensus on on what to proceed with? Atm I am lvl 101 full int using pendants? i think they are called(give 800 int for full set). I am looking around for an onyx set (INT) with at least 11x pd and would like abyss or trans gear but not looking to spend too much. From what I understand the onyx should be viable for minor until I level enough for inter? Really my main doubt is with the melee vs magic atk zhen and if Glacial zhen for an int sage will suffice for 101-115, and which silva pet would be best for int sage( im assuming the one that gives the empower type boost). Any feedback or build recommendations are highly welcome.

Thank you all for the info already available on here, it's been great!
First of all, you're welcome, glad my guide is helpful.

- Don't use pendants but get chakras or even rulers/feathers+18 are ok, you want the flat attack of those rings
- Both magic and melee attack zhens work honestly. The best weapon you can get is a 2.0 upgraded zhen either melee or magic. After that you have the choice between opaniel or between abyss, in this case I would go for abyss, preferably with 112% hp + 60-70% magic or melee attack (you need the HP for the survivability)
- You'll deal most damage with an abyss zhen with magic & melee % but you'll die very easily
- as for armor even an abyss set with 100-180 int each part beats any other kind of armor
- Tennis is the only pet you should use at your sage in any secenario: PVP/PVE/Boss hunting/Dungeons etc. everything is done with the tennis pet.

Quote Originally Posted by AchanClub View Post
building an int sage is not easy, sniper's salve could help you more maybe if you wanna ask a guide(if he wanna help), but from what i experienced you need high end gears(high statts) to actually make it "shine", my sage has 10k INT but still nowhere, Im curious on how many Trans stats injected on salve, xD

And for zhen, there is abyss with dual stats, 112 melee + xx magic
idk which is better , that dual stat abyss or 2.0 upg zhen which only has 56 melee but has 40 aspd and higher HP DD

an for pet i think yes tenis silva for PvE, hero for PvP

maybe snipeer can give some opinion
My amount of stats trans is secret xD, hero pet isn't good for temp/sage. they get too much profit from double dipping the 40% melee + 40% magic from tennis.