+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What would gonna happen if some other Private Server trying to Copy the Rohan Origin?

i just saw some private server trying to copy the features of Rohan Origin, what would gonna happen?

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Watch and learn?
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

bro.... I saw this content already 1 year ago in private servers.... nothing new with this origin ....

Wow gz. Grab a cookie. You've earned it.
    Pay 2 Win is my middle name

Eline - Templar, soon the best ever
    MrMango - Dragon Knight

If you need something you can ask. You can ask, doesnt mean i'll give what you want.

That's because rohan origin isn't new. The Korean version was released ages ago.

What would happen? PWI would get it shut down just like they've done with pretty much any other private server...
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Banned
    95% of the time it isn't PWI shutting them down. Most pservers are hosted on offshore servers that don't give a crap about DMCA takedown notices.

Here are the top reasons for pserver failures:
    1. Lack of a professional business plan. They are run by kids & young people who think they know better how a make a "better" rohan. Haven't got a clue how to make a business out of it.
    2. Lack of a professional team of server managers. Again it is simply guys doing it for sh!ts & giggles.
    3. Internal strife. Team members don't get along and one o5r more of them go "FUUUUUUU" and walk away leaving the last guy holding the bag. *server death shortly follows*
    4. There are some that are in it solely to make quick easy money. Then they find out how it is not so easy and shut things down after a couple months.
    5. It is a really crappy server that loses its population shortly after it opens when people come and see exactly how crappy it is.
    6. Pissed off players complaining about things they don't like in the server start charging back huge amounts. Paypal kills the server account. server closes.
    7. (and this one is about PWI) server host gets a letter from Steve Lee claiming the server is infringing on his rights (DMCA Takedown notice) and the server hosts takes the server down. I know one indo guy running a server on an American VPS. I suspect his server will disappear before long.
    8. (this one is PWI too) server host gets a letter from Steve Lee claiming the server is infringing on his rights, passes it on to the pserver owner, pserver owners sh!ts his pants thinking hes gonna get sued. Pussies out and takes the server down.
    ** 7 & 8 are only 5% of the cases

Looking at a lot of the Origin changes, they would not be easy for a pserver guy to do because 90% of them no nothing but editing bin and graphic files. 9 out of 10 of those don't even know how to change quests or the quest rewards. Hell they don't even know how to package timed stuff in sealed packages so they can be traded.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 05-08-2017 at 12:16 PM. Reason: fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    95% of the time it isn't PWI shutting them down. Most pservers are hosted on offshore servers that don't give a crap about DMCA takedown notices.

Here are the top reasons for pserver failures:
    1. Lack of a professional business plan. They are run by kids & young people who think they know better how a make a "better" rohan. Haven't got a clue how to make a business out of it.
    2. Lack of a professional team of server managers. Again it is simply guys doing it for sh!ts & giggles.
    3. Internal strife. Team members don't get along and one o5r more of them go "FUUUUUUU" and walk away leaving the last guy holding the bag. *server death shortly follows*
    4. There are some that are in it solely to make quick easy money. Then they find out how it is not so easy and shut things down after a couple months.
    5. It is a really crappy server that loses its population shortly after it opens when people come and see exactly how crappy it is.
    6. Pissed off players complaining about things they don't like in the server start charging back huge amounts. Paypal kills the server account. server closes.
    7. (and this one is about PWI) server host gets a letter from Steve Lee claiming the server is infringing on his rights (DMCA Takedown notice) and the server hosts takes the server down. I know one indo guy running a server on an American VPS. I suspect his server will disappear before long.
    8. (this one is PWI too) server host gets a letter from Steve Lee claiming the server is infringing on his rights, passes it on to the pserver owner, pserver owners sh!ts his pants thinking hes gonna get sued. Pussies out and takes the server down.
    ** 7 & 8 are only 5% of the cases

Looking at a lot of the Origin changes, they would not be easy for a pserver guy to do because 90% of them no nothing but editing bin and graphic files. 9 out of 10 don't even know how to change quests or the quest rewards. Hell they don't even know how to package timed stuff in sealed packages so they can be traded.
    90% = 9 out of ten.

Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    90% = 9 out of ten.
    9 out of 10 of that 90% subset = 81% of the whole
    (fixed the original post)

--- Edit to get back on topic ---

Don't be fooled by the low level cap. Rohan Origin has had a lot of content, as well as procedural changes done to it. While much of the content can be changed with the bin files (removal of towns, movement of npcs and mobs/bosses, adding/removing weapons/armor/accessories, modifying quests) a lot of the changes are procedural which required updates to the map server (not to be confused with the game engine - that wasn't changed!!) and database stored procedures. Also some of the fundamental BIN structures were changed to accommodate the new socketing and forging system. Some attribute enums have been added (i.e. physical/magical armor piercing %).

Much of this, such as the world files, is not shipped down to your client so it can be reverse engineered. The only way to get this out in the wild is for the server files to be leaked. I suspect YNK/PW has closed those security holes in their business by now since there are no real Trinity pservers out there (someone tried reversing the Trinity client with some very limited success, but I don't hear much of that guy anymore). The only way I can see Origin ending up out in the wild is if someone writes an emulator for it -- to date there are no Rohan emulators of any generation. Period.

So don't hold your breath of anyone putting out an origin pserver. The rohan pserver world is in such a poor state that I doubt very much if anyone is even interested in doing it. I most certainly am NOT as long as an official Rohan of any generation exists. It really is not worth my trouble and time to create.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 05-08-2017 at 01:13 PM.

It's all about the details man

It will die because all these servers die out after 3 months when the nostalgia is over.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461