+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Weapon prices need lower price

using a level 18 at level 40 now because weapons cost 25k to buy each, 30k to put together, 99% fail rate, and a 0% drop rate for my class.

Quote Originally Posted by camerony View Post
    using a level 18 at level 40 now because weapons cost 25k to buy each, 30k to put together, 99% fail rate, and a 0% drop rate for my class.
    Successrate on forging is very high compared to other servers, closed beta is over and it's easy to make money and get gear atm. 25k is nothing anymore, it cost 250-300k to just port around for people 80+. During open beta alone I already made/forged different lvl 50 weapons and a few ench froianne sets. There was no IM back then and everyone was low lvl and all mentioned above was possible with some effort, should be even easier now.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

then at least make it so dropped weapons have a higher chance to be for your class or something. I have picked up literal hundreds of weapons, and only 1 zhen out of 2 days of grinding. Went from 24 to 39 now and only found 1 zhen the entire time. Hundreds of shields, swords, dirks, stilettos, dual swords, etc. 1 zhen. Very hard for me to craft something better than my enchanted level 18 zhen, when the only zhen i find is +6 psyche and the 1 i try to buy is 1% melee attack for 25k crone. What do i do at this level when i can't even kill mobs fast enough anymore?

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I used a lvl 18 myself as well - didn't have any real issues with it but that depends on class I guess. Sometimes the higher lvl normal drops are better than that anyway. What do you mean that they don't drop "for your class" though? I can't believe you didn't get any drops nor crones enough. AT that level I had full Zultan, a mount and the lvl 18 ancient dagger (served me well enough as a human, since crit rate).

Anyway, it's very easy to make enough insignia's to get your lvl 50 gear. It doesn't need to be pro stats, as it will serve you a lot even at the basics for the little cost and effort it is. Just sweat it out for a few more lvls. Also, forging a rare really isn't that hard. Costly, maybe, but at this stage not at all impossible and out of reach. I've been getting zhen's quite regularly, but perhaps you ought to change mobs?

If you want only the next ancient, well then... ..
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    You are lvl 40 and don't have at least a million crone?

A little tip. There is nothing wrong with the npc weapons. They are relatively cheap to level (I was able to refine my xbow down -10 (38 to 28) with no breakage on the fails - even when if failed at -9). When refining, go down 1 at a time. Be patient. Going down -1 at a time has the best success rate. -2 is a little worse and -3 absolutely sux monkey balls (somewhere around 50% success).

The drops are not class specific. The Rohan drop system does not take your class into consideration. The reason for that is that you can have parties make of of any mix of classes so the drops have to be usable by any of them. The levels of the stuff dropped will be appropriate for the level of mob you are battling. Don't expect to get lvl 50 drops from lvl 41 mobs.

As for success rate, I haven't see a problem with it. It is right in line with an official game. This isn't a private server so you won't find rates set up like those.

i don't get how you have 1 million crone at level 40. I have around 29k atm, 300k went to trying to make zultan chest piece because it failed over 40 times either at the froianne stage or the zultan stage.

Banned
    I'm not wasting lobie crones to forge Zultan armor. I don't need it going along the main quest path and below 50 or so there is very little pvp except for the odd idiot trying to rpk with his 5 possibles. There's no point forging ancient gear until yuoui get past level 60 or so and by that time you can farm up a million crones in about 6 hrs.

Hoard your crones and make do with froianne/grahams until you get high enough to be able to cash in some insignias for sedorian armor. If you can afford a couple of dollars, get yourself a monkey. It pays for itself in a single day.

Just grind hard till lvl 50. After that it will be easy, since quest xp is around 15%... One more tip if you hit lvl 50. Do quest on the last green dot(npc) in map. It gives more xp.

After 50 best way to grind for me was to kill lowest mobs on map in masses and hand in quest at last NPC on map.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Well, it's not like prices are not steep. Actually, they're ludicrously high if you ask me.
    That aside "failing 40 times on Zultan" is probably only 4 times. It's not like it's that hard when more than half of it drops from mobs, the other half is cheap AF to buy from NPC's.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher