+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Crossbows will perform better throughout most of the game if the scout is any good since the AA resetting on skills can approach similar attack speeds. That said, Scatter Shot at the high levels will probably out-scale most of the AoE's given proc bonuses from elemental skills.

In PvP in particular, the crossbow will be much better since AA'ing will be inherently weak, and skills like AIO approach the damage of Murder Shot.

xbow will be better burst damage. burst is good for pve since you cant just tank 100 mobs and burst is good for pvp because meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblebutt View Post
    don't be weird and use an xbow as a scout, you get a buff that increases bow damage, not xbow. so go with bow crit chance, you only need the base weapon damage on this server to carry you decently
    even with the extra 21% bow damage from bow mastery its not worth it yet. maybe at 100 when you have 25% chc and 50%+ chd accumulated on your gear and titles the auto attacks from bows will make xbows obsolete on scouts but for now xbows are superior for all of the general single target and aoe pve. minor/inter/sup may be the exception. those are dailies that i dont min/max because there are not enough vit defenders on this server to guarantee i get to run the dungeon with a tank.

I'm a level 70 scout - I use my xbow , I Enjoy it... I was in a party with a lvl 67 ranger and my auto's were actually higher then his, Keep in mind my wep is fully ancient, but still attack fast and hard with a bow,

Quote Originally Posted by ChokingHazard View Post
    I'm a level 70 scout - I use my xbow , I Enjoy it... I was in a party with a lvl 67 ranger and my auto's were actually higher then his, Keep in mind my wep is fully ancient, but still attack fast and hard with a bow,
    no wonder taht you dont fine full-vit-defender often they are useless outside of parties. I play str defender at lvl 66 and more than caple of tanking minor dungeon with 9k hp and 820 pdef, dont know how inter will be from experience with dekan i should be fine with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    Xbow is better since, specially if you + it, it gives you a lot of flat RA. This scales OP with your skills which have short CD.

below 60 I'd say xbow is the way to go. After that I'm not sure.

I'd go for crit chance + crit damage, scales well with your buffs. I think it will do more than RA and WA, WA is probably ****ty here due to noone having a lot of flat attack
    Hey don't spoil my weapon ideas to the rest of the rest here
    KatyPerry level 101 guardian - Forever

I could let these dream killers kill my self esteem. Or use my arrogance as a steam to power my dreams. - Kanye

Quote Originally Posted by KatyPerry1 View Post
    :P
    haha, yea I'll have to give you the credit for that xD. specially the crit chance + crit damage, well thought through :P
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

i strongly agree around 70+ till end game crit chance+crit damge will be the best choice. we just need to switch to BOW @ around lvl 95.

Quote Originally Posted by KatyPerry1 View Post
    I'm not so sure critting be very good lategame - at least not crit rate + crit damage. The modifiers on critical damage tend to be pretty low - particularly coming from Vital Point and such, and Fatal is nerfed by almost a factor of 75% compared to R:BF. WA might be superior given how the legendary 100 crossbow for example pushes out over 1300 base weapon damage. The dex scaling is 1:1 at best which mirrors flat dex to RA and such, suggesting the bonuses are negligible. Considering how miniscule of an effect stats seem to have on damage, WA might end up being even more potent here than in R:BF.

Quote Originally Posted by soulholder View Post
    I'm not so sure critting be very good lategame - at least not crit rate + crit damage. The modifiers on critical damage tend to be pretty low - particularly coming from Vital Point and such, and Fatal is nerfed by almost a factor of 75% compared to R:BF. WA might be superior given how the legendary 100 crossbow for example pushes out over 1300 base weapon damage. The dex scaling is 1:1 at best which mirrors flat dex to RA and such, suggesting the bonuses are negligible. Considering how miniscule of an effect stats seem to have on damage, WA might end up being even more potent here than in R:BF.
    I wouldn't say that stuff too soon, the way WA works, I'm not so sure it will be good here. It might tho it all depends on how much of your total amount of RA is flat RA and how much WA you can get to boost it.

Do realise that you're able to probably reach around 40% crit chance endgame, if you, with that can get 30-40% crit dmg + 15% from title +10% from buff + 65% increase in damage from death mark, I'm fairly sure you'll crit pretty damn high.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h