+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bosshunt View Post
    That image is misleading because it suggests that either there was just one brexit supporter or that every brexit supporter had same opinions on all matters.
    I'm not sure if I follow you(?)

It's the EU asking the UK that they should remain in the EU, because we're stronger united.
    The UK then responds by saying to the EU: piss off, we don't need you telling us what to do - we can handle our own business just as well.

Upon successfully voting for the Brexit, N.Ireland and Scotland, which are part of the UK, are saying: "hey, we didn't want this, we want out of this and stick to the EU".
    At which the British respond with the same reply of the EU: "please don't leave, we're stronger united".

It's the irony of the two similarities that are exaggerated and put into the spotlight (as is always the case with cartoons).
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    I'm not sure if I follow you(?)

It's the EU asking the UK that they should remain in the EU, because we're stronger united.
    The UK then responds by saying to the EU: piss off, we don't need you telling us what to do - we can handle our own business just as well.

Upon successfully voting for the Brexit, N.Ireland and Scotland, which are part of the UK, are saying: "hey, we didn't want this, we want out of this and stick to the EU".
    At which the British respond with the same reply of the EU: "please don't leave, we're stronger united".

It's the irony of the two similarities that are exaggerated and put into the spotlight (as is always the case with cartoons).
    My only point was that the ones who insist that Scotland should remain a part the UK were either against Brexit, neutral, or pro-Brexit (a small part of them to be precise, because there was a whole myriad of campaign groups who voted for Brexit, and many of them haven't (yet) expressed their opinion on Scotland's leave because that wasn't the topic of Brexit), while the image above groups them all together under "Britain" who decided to leave EU but wants Scotland to stay in UK.

The irony is real, however, notably in the case of certain politicians who just saw the whole thing as an opportunity to gain more popularity, and act pro-Brexit regardless of what their personal opinion is on the matter..
    Last edited by bosshunt; 07-20-2016 at 06:44 PM.

My only point was that the ones who insist that Scotland should remain a part the UK were either against Brexit, neutral, or pro-Brexit (a small part of them to be precise, because there was a whole myriad of campaign groups who voted for Brexit, and many of them haven't (yet) expressed their opinion on Scotland's leave because that wasn't the topic of Brexit), while the image above groups them all together under "Britain" who decided to leave EU but wants Scotland to stay in UK.

The irony is real, however, notably in the case of certain politicians who just saw the whole thing as an opportunity to gain more popularity, and act pro-Brexit regardless of what their personal opinion is on the matter..
    Why, hello. That's the whole ordeal of making choices. You choose option A with all its consequences, or you pick option B with all its consequences.
    There is no choosing "C" where you only get the best of both worlds and leave out all the cons. Live would be easy that way.

Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Why, hello. That's the whole ordeal of making choices. You choose option A with all its consequences, or you pick option B with all its consequences.
    There is no choosing "C" where you only get the best of both worlds and leave out all the cons. Live would be easy that way.
    I don't think I said there was a best-of-both-worlds option 'C'.

[QUOTE=PenguinJoe;339783]And whats wrong with Trumph?

SORRY GRANDPA!

Ugh Donald Trump.

I cant decide whos the biggest tool. Him or our newly elected senator elect Pauline Hanson. She is the leader of the "One Nation" party here in Australia and altho she was ditched some years ago, shes made her return to the world of politics.

She now wants to put forth a royal commission into "Islam" AND ban ALL Muslim people from being able to enter Australia. Years ago she attacked the Indigenous Australians (Aboriginals) and then it was the Asian communities and now shes turned her attention to Muslims...

She is a babbling racist idiot spreading her hate everywhere she goes and sadly alot of like minded Australians voted her back into office. We are a hugely multicultural country but yet the amounts of racism that STILL exists here is mind boggling and people like Pauline Hanson are making it so much worse.

Sigh ~ When people like Donald Trump or Pauline Hanson are in office, you know the worlds turned to sh1t.

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Vote Trump for the president.. of PWI - make Rohan great again!
    Last edited by bosshunt; 07-22-2016 at 12:12 PM.

When Geert Wilders (PVV), Marine Le Pen (Front National = extreme right), Trump, Filip Dewinter (VB) and in extension: N.Korea & Putin, are cheering on the sidelines, you know you've picked the wrong choice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    Ugh Donald Trump.

I cant decide whos the biggest tool. Him or our newly elected senator elect Pauline Hanson. She is the leader of the "One Nation" party here in Australia and altho she was ditched some years ago, shes made her return to the world of politics.

She now wants to put forth a royal commission into "Islam" AND ban ALL Muslim people from being able to enter Australia. Years ago she attacked the Indigenous Australians (Aboriginals) and then it was the Asian communities and now shes turned her attention to Muslims...

She is a babbling racist idiot spreading her hate everywhere she goes and sadly alot of like minded Australians voted her back into office. We are a hugely multicultural country but yet the amounts of racism that STILL exists here is mind boggling and people like Pauline Hanson are making it so much worse.

Sigh ~ When people like Donald Trump or Pauline Hanson are in office, you know the worlds turned to sh1t.
    Vote Trump for the president.. of PWI - make Rohan great again!
    If Trump makes it into the U.S. Presidency, Ick! Though I spend my childhood there, my whole view of that country will drop by several degrees. I am stuck on the other side if the world's longest undefended border from that asshat and not comfortable at all with it.

tbh I would much rather be on the other side of the world from him. Aus has gotten a lot better with the bigotry over the last couple decades from what I hear from my contacts there. But I'm not surprised that there is still a lot of support for someone having those old, outdated attitudes both in Aus and among the Republican U.S.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 07-22-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    If Trump makes it into the U.S. Presidency, Ick! Though I spend my childhood there, my whole view of that country will drop by several degrees. I am stuck on the other side if the world's longest undefended border from that asshat and not comfortable at all with it.

tbh I would much rather be on the other side of the world from him. Aus has gotten a lot better with the bigotry over the last couple decades from what I hear from my contacts there. But I'm not surprised that there is still a lot of support for someone having those old, outdated attitudes both in Aus and among the Republican U.S.
    It doesn't matter where you go, seems too many people are f*cking retards that like to vote for f*cking retards. It's not bound to a place or time, people are sheep that like to be fed with easy to understand populistic ideas and one-liners. People are no individual thinkers anymore but mere sheep in an angry scared chanting crowd.

How to become a popular politician in 5 easy steps

step 1: Find an etnic minority you can blame for everything (scapegoat)
    step 2: Scare people with this minority and or ideals of this minority (filtered media works perfect for this)
    step 3: Feed of the fear and stupidity of people and suggest you (the politician) are the great leader that will solve this problem!
    step 4: Use corny slogans, easy to understand one-liners so every IQ <80 moron will understand your vision
    step 5: Get elected and f*ck up everything

PS: If you think that what you hear through television, radio, internet is ''real news'' get your head out of your ass. I've been to the USA and the ignorance of people there about topics like the Iraq war is flabbergasting. The media simply doesn't show (pulls out a random %) 80% of the important facts, which is not nessescarily ''censoring'' since that's illigal but it's as close as you can get to it lmfao.
    Last edited by White Arctic Fox; 07-26-2016 at 05:29 AM.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h