+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Carebear Stare!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aliencreature View Post
    It's a shame that GM's have to baby sit these kids. So immature thinking that GM's can actually bully players in-game. Please make a reality check before posting your moronic assumptions on forum. FFS, if that person is harassing you, then block him and kill him outside safezone. What's so hard with that? Stupid much?
    Thing is that is usually the bullies themselves that come into the forums and QQ about being bullied by the GMs. Those who like to exert power over others seldom like power being exerted over themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Where do you draw the line between rpk and harassment, though?

Harassing is a bannable offense, but rpk-ing is not (rightly so). KOS-ing is allowed, but harassing is not. Is KOS not a form of harassment?
    You can say that someone is an idiot, but you cannot call them a retard. I can make fun of someone and their mother as long as I do it with beautiful words, whereas someone lacking the vocabulary or understanding cannot respond without getting banned using his/her limited vocab.

Of course, in a perfect world, we kill each other with flowers and chocolateboxes - but this is and remains a 17+ game that has PK/RPK as a rewarding system and people just don't very much like being on the wrong end of that very system.

There is no political correctness to be sought here, but the rules and the actual gameplay are perpendicular to each other.

So with that being said, I'd like to conclude with: fuck it, who cares?.
    There is a thin line between KoS and bullying. One is a natural function of a game that provides unregulated PvP. It is expected and often encouraged. The other is a personal grudge between one player and another (or several others). The second form is not condoned as a part of the game, but regardless a natural byproduct of a game that encourages PvP interactions. Players get annoyed, hurt feelings and simply angry at certain others and want to exact a little of that optional vengeance. Sometimes it gets taken a little too far, and that is when we need GMs to step in and referee.

Let's face it, if we were all saints, there would be no need of GMs. But the fact of the matter is that Rohan is a game that breeds conflicts between people, and we need the GMs there to keep it from getting out of control.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Thing is that is usually the bullies themselves that come into the forums and QQ about being bullied by the GMs. Those who like to exert power over others seldom like power being exerted over themselves.

There is a thin line between KoS and bullying. One is a natural function of a game that provides unregulated PvP. It is expected and often encouraged. The other is a personal grudge between one player and another (or several others). The second form is not condoned as a part of the game, but regardless a natural byproduct of a game that encourages PvP interactions. Players get annoyed, hurt feelings and simply angry at certain others and want to exact a little of that optional vengeance. Sometimes it gets taken a little too far, and that is when we need GMs to step in and referee.

Let's face it, if we were all saints, there would be no need of GMs. But the fact of the matter is that Rohan is a game that breeds conflicts between people, and we need the GMs there to keep it from getting out of control.
    If I'm killed by player A 27 times over due to a grudge but he does not kill anyone else, or if I'm killed by 27 different players randomly who kill 27 different farming ppl equally.. by the end of the day, i'll still feel bullied. But does player A deserve a ban for killing me 27 times, or do the 27 others deserve a ban because they killed 27 different people and those same people died 27 times but just to different rpkr's?

When I'm in the classroom and there is one bully stomping me all day. Or there are 27 different people stomping me, I'll feel just as bad - if not worse.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    If I'm killed by player A 27 times over due to a grudge but he does not kill anyone else, or if I'm killed by 27 different players randomly who kill 27 different farming ppl equally.. by the end of the day, i'll still feel bullied. But does player A deserve a ban for killing me 27 times, or do the 27 others deserve a ban because they killed 27 different people and those same people died 27 times but just to different rpkr's?

When I'm in the classroom and there is one bully stomping me all day. Or there are 27 different people stomping me, I'll feel just as bad - if not worse.
    Ah but the difference is, if there are 27 people stomping you and 26 other people as well, it might be worth your while to make form a posse of those 27 people (in the game or in the schoolyard) and go rpker hunting. Vengeance is an option! You don't need a referee to step in and help you for that. Nobody - in-game or in the schoolyard is gonna be able to stand up to 27 pissed off people getting some payback. Bug, meet 27 boots.

But if you have someone making it their mission to harass you over several days, then It might be nice to have that referee to step in and put the kibosh on that bully.

accept the fact that when you do RPK and say something bully..anyone will report you and that's hurt us much..so never say something with the crying babies...hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Franky1991 View Post
    well, it always comes to a point that it's too much, every people's limit is different tho
    getting bullied in real life or on internet, bullying is still bullying
    Honestly I get the biggest rage from people I just kill once after which they go completely bonkers, which is hilarious.

for example:

This stuff is GOLD, I always screenshot it so I can look back at it later and have a laugh.

I don't really KOS people (I do KOS guilds but that's always been part of Rohan). I've been playing for so long, I just wanna have a laugh and kill things. I have no list of people I KOS just of people whom I shouldn't kill lmao (I'm really triggerhappy).
    Last edited by White Arctic Fox; 06-30-2016 at 05:39 PM.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Banned
    Sometimes it is mad fun to play a ranger - esp if you have an idea how to. If you don't, well, expect to die a lot.

Sometimes it is mad fun to play a ranger - esp if you have an idea how to. If you don't, well, expect to die a lot.
    they hurt, but if I catch them...
    FYI: pic showned isn't in PA
    xHELLDEVILx lvl 115 (+10) Dragon Knight
    Guild : looking for it
    "Born from Hell to incarnate your worst nightmares"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky1991 View Post
    they hurt, but if I catch them...
    And that is why a Ranger takes a lot of skill to play. Their skills hurt a lot, but if they can't run away & end up getting caught, they die awfully fast ^^

And that is why a Ranger takes a lot of skill to play. Their skills hurt a lot, but if they can't run away & end up getting caught, they die awfully fast ^^
    Well if you opened the subject, a ranger require mind and tactic, isn't a class recommended for slows hands. Ranger class is one of my favorites.
    Undecided by the changes that have taken place lately.

Rangers/Warlocks probably hardest classes to play. It's also just plain luck to survive as ranger sometimes. Rangers silence shot isn't directly applied like a dhan or bersk silence, it can be blocked/parried or resisted so if for example a guard blocks your silence shot you're probably dead...... if he doesn't, he's dead.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h