+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    It was when Atzigan picked up his bags and left.
    Q_Q

It started with the Reinforcing rates when people where complaining that over +5 was nowhere near obtainable without failing more than...
    ... idk what to compare it to, it just fails a sh1t ton. Hell i have failed from 4-5 in one item more than 5 times.
    Then forging and refining rates started to decline(On my experience refine is not that bad, Forging sucks bad).
    After all that exp rates went down to(seems to have been fixed in the last compensation event but nowhere near Jins exp).
    Did I mention that Reinforcing(plusing) crafted items and rings fails a lot?(lost a chimera Bow trying to +3 it first try never again).
    Last edited by RBNXD; 06-29-2016 at 08:07 PM.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    When the Merge was almost in place.
    Atzigan asked the forum how rates should have been implemented in the new server(Jainus). The promise was a server merge with the good things of both Jin and Ran.
    Good forging, Reinforcing, exp rates and low drop rates. That was what we played and stayed in Jainus for. But it seems someone up there forgot that promise.
    Reinforcing your weapon and Armors to +9 with very little to no fails was one of those great things it kept me playing in Jainus. The fact that making rings +4 or greater with little effort was another one of them. Forging gear with somewhat better luck than anything we have now to. The true challenge i only saw was the drop rate. If its low then player have to farm more both Bosses(keeps the big guilds having a real challenge) and normal monsters(players fought for the better spots to farm). In all keeping the game interesting and less how much money you have in those pocket of yours which is no challenge at all. Hell bringing back the weekend forging rate boost would be just fine if your people dont want to keep rates up 24/7. If we wanted low rates that was Isen made for.
    Many promises were made by YNK/PWI only few were actually ever executed....
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    I would love to discuss this topic with you when I have the time! You can write me a forum message or submit a ticket, whichever would be easier for you. I would say you could message me in game, but you quit (Yet you spend a surprising amount of time being NEGATIVE on the forums of a game you.. no longer play.. Lol..) so those are the options that are available for you. Please understand that we are extremely busy here working on all sorts of fun things for you guys, so I would appreciate a constructed and organized argument versus the quality of the general content you seem to post (GRR AHH KARAZY IS A LIAR!!1!) when you communicate with me. Helpful data and the ability to coherently put together a point would also lead to a fruitful discussion; the last forum troll, sorry, "unhappy player" that I spoke with with similar complaints to you was completely unable to argue why he felt that our rates needed to be improved. I asked him for his point, ANY sort of information other than his opinion, and his opinion to a solution and I am STILL waiting for his reply. Let us hope you don't disappoint as well.

I eagerly await to hear from you!
    literally What

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    Many promises were made by YNK/PWI only few were actually ever executed....
    that right there is the reason they are so closemouthed about everything. And truthfully I really don't blame them.
    Problem is that if they were to tell what they might or would like to do, the people in this game pins them against a wall pointing to it as if it were a promise of commitment.

Karazy, or any other GM that takes it upon themselves to be a frontman for PWI, have to be extremely careful what they say because everything they say is examined under an electron scanning microscope and often taken as 'promised'. I know well what it is like to be seen by customers as the 'voice' of your company. You practically need to have a Harvard law degree to be in that job.

Here are some things to note when dealing with any company - whether it is a game publisher or a used car dealer.
    1. Listen carefully what they say. When you see the words or phrases "may", "looking into", "checking", "will get back to you" or "thinking about it", do not take it as a promise. Fuzzy language is the norm for corporations when they are discussing future events. Do not expect positive answers that contain "we will" or "we can" since those imply a commitment.
    2. If is about something being released in the future, don't expect it to ever happen. The person saying it doesn't really "know" for sure what is going to happen. Shit happens and plans can (most often will) change and you will get no notice of it.
    3. GMs do not have the authority to discuss upcoming plans or company policies with you. So don't ask them for that kind if information. They will not answer. Not because they are ignoring youj, but because they know just about any answer will give the wrong impression to you and constitute some kind of commitment.
    4. Few companies will tell you exactly what will be released until it is actually released.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 07-01-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    that right there is the reason they are so closemouthed about everything.
    Problem is that if they were to tell what they might or would like to do, the people in this game pins them against a wall pointing to it as if it were a promise of commitment.

Karazy, or any other GM that takes it upon themselves to be a frontman for PWI, have to be extremely careful what they say because everything they say is examined under an electron scanning microscope and often taken as 'promised'. I know well what it is like to be seen by customers as the 'voice' of your company. You practically need to have a Harvard law degree to be in that job.
    Actually, the Ran rates were a promise of commitment.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Actually, the Ran rates were a promise of commitment.
    But did Atzigan actually promise those rates will be in force forever? You gotta read between the lines when you are told things like this.
    The rates started off not so bad, but changed over time. I remember shortly after the merge forging, refining & reinforcing and a buttload of upgrades with nary a fail - no guild buffs or events underway.

And one other thing - Atzigan made many statements that could be taken as fact, but the reality of the matter is, he was not authorized to make those statements. Hence, he is no longer here (His forum ID has been banned rather than simply put into a deactivated group)

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    But did Atzigan actually promise those rates will be in force forever? You gotta read between the lines when you are told things like this.
    The rates started off not so bad, but changed over time. I remember shortly after the merge forging, refining & reinforcing and a buttload of upgrades with nary a fail - no guild buffs or events underway.

And one other thing - Atzigan made many statements that could be taken as fact, but the reality of the matter is, he was not authorized to make those statements. Hence, he is no longer here (His forum ID has been banned rather than simply put into a deactivated group)
    Obviously not.
    I am also fairly sure that Atzigan did not make the decision on whether or not Ran would get any enforced rates. PWi as a company did state that Ran would be the higher rates in comparance to Jin. That was the whole point of the two servers.

Just as they promised for Isen to be a crone server - but did they ever promise that Isen would be so forever? No they did not either. So yes, they can change all the content to their hearts desires with or without taking acknowledge of their previous promises or selling points.

Lest that players should actually believe any of the future sales points.

I am also fairly sure that Atzigan's leave has got nothing to do with the promises that were made. After all, those promises were from PWi and Atzigan only served as a spokesman for PWi. He did not invent those servers, he did not implement those servers and he also did not regulate those rates in his sole person. Atzigan's leave is a different thing, altogether.

----

If such decisions are in the hands of one particular GM (which they are not) that is active at the time - then I think it would only be fair to have an election in place. After all, if the whole game depends on the single one GM that is active and the following GM can just negate all previous changes and just do his thing, just to have his being negated and changed with the following GM ... that's not exactly a good climate to be in as a game.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Obviously not.
    I am also fairly sure that Atzigan did not make the decision on whether or not Ran would get any enforced rates. PWi as a company did state that Ran would be the higher rates in comparance to Jin. That was the whole point of the two servers.

Just as they promised for Isen to be a crone server - but did they ever promise that Isen would be so forever? No they did not either. So yes, they can change all the content to their hearts desires with or without taking acknowledge of their previous promises or selling points.

Lest that players should actually believe any of the future sales points.

I am also fairly sure that Atzigan's leave has got nothing to do with the promises that were made. After all, those promises were from PWi and Atzigan only served as a spokesman for PWi. He did not invent those servers, he did not implement those servers and he also did not regulate those rates in his sole person. Atzigan's leave is a different thing, altogether.

----

If such decisions are in the hands of one particular GM (which they are not) that is active at the time - then I think it would only be fair to have an election in place. After all, if the whole game depends on the single one GM that is active and the following GM can just negate all previous changes and just do his thing, just to have his being negated and changed with the following GM ... that's not exactly a good climate to be in as a game.
    Oh noes! You missed my meaning. Atzigan made statements of certainty that Jainus would combine the best rates of Ran and Jin (I think one had better exp & drop rates while the other had better forge / enhancement rates). He was not supposed to tell us that as a certainty because we expected PWi to deliver on that (which we all know they didn't). He also told folks with certainty that the new upgrades were going to be no better than the 1st edition. We all know what happened with the Upgrade 2.0s (first clue is they are based on Glacial not previous tier) which wound up FAR more powerful (and cheaper) than the predecessors.

Atzigan as a spokesman for PWi really cannot comment in what PWi is planning to do, but what is actually has been delivered (and even then some details are secret sauce). His mistake was to give the folks here too much information.

As much as we hate that closed-mouth policy, it is a standard business practice. It was shocking to me to see one of PWI's GMs making these claims before they were actually delivered.

Notice me senpai
    Jainus: Pink/ Doutzen

Eternal Vengeance: Riri

Interesting subject...
    First I want to say that Karazy seems to be a nice guy. I had a positive experience with him and he really seems to care and to feel responsible of this game which I am happy with.
    But I would like to tell him to don't be surprized that the players consider PW staff liars, because the history of this game unfortunately proved that the things are like this. For example: remember for how long you kept the characters unbalanced?! (which was totally against players satisfaction, against those who put money in this game and against those who pay you at the end). And the examples can continue...
    The truth is Karazy that this game have a whole history of being NOT FAIR with his own players, so please don't be surprized when people consider you a liar even if when you are not. Let's be honest YNK and PW lied a lot in the past, they took decisions that were against the players and you can see the consequences even today...
    Regarding the rates, this was always a mistery and an uncertain thing and you make money with this uncertainty... - this is in the sphere of small tricks and this is not fair... what is the exactly rate? Nobody knows... It is one of the reasons I always had the feeling that this game is more against the players than for the players.
    Make the things very honest: guys the rate for success in forging an ancient weapon is 3% for exemple.
    I will not be surprized to find out that the rate to + a ring is 10 to -6, like the life time of an atom in a specific state.
    Karazy did you ever ask yourself how is the player satisfaction in Rohan? or to put it in management terms - customer satisfaction?
    Let's make a Rohan meeting. I would love to participate

With my glasses on it seems it is necessary of some game laws, because it is almost unacceptable to sell for exemple preservation stones that gives % success rate without saying the exact value.
    Ok, but what is the percentage exactly, I want to know what I am buying, you can't sell something that is ambiguous and don't have a clear description.