Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
Must really suck to run a business based entirely on the current quarter that never plans ahead...no wonder the games dead lol.
If you don't look after the current quarter, there will be no no 'ahead'.

Upgrades didn't make any money last quarter anyhow lol. Besides...most the people playing that are willing to buy them already have them and just trade them back and forth...unless release some more OP onyx upgrades the sales will just end up less and less every time they offer them up.

In reality it would be an easy sell...its a way to hopefully draw some players back that will spend money on other things that aren't willing to dump hundreds on a single weapon.
Every single time they offered upgrades for sale they made insane amounts of money from selling them. They are not selling them so they are not making money from them except as byproduct of them being an EM ecash sink.

You seem to have missed the memo. I'm not suggesting they sell upgrades. I am suggesting they sell something that can help players compete with those having upgrades - there's a bit of a difference. You can rent a $30 premium katar for a couple years for what you will pay for a upgrade katar off of EM. But nobody says you HAVE to keep renting one. You can buy one for a quareter the price of that EM katar.

See the difference?

The only ones you think are acceptable are the ones that double down on stupidity that obviously doesn't work. Let's keep making the game more expensive and let's keep increasing the buy in price to even get a decent sense of what pvp is like...its been working so well in the past!
The only ones that can possibly work are the ones that have a tangible business pauyback benefit. Again, you are adept at criticizing, yet woefully lacking in putting forward anything that has a tangible benefit.

IMHO spending $80 on a permanent, char-locked premium weapon is a way cheaper buy-in than spending $200+ to forge a new one (if they were being sold) or $400+ to buy one off EM. Yes, I am making the game sooo much more expensive.

Again, what is your proposal? Free upgrade weapons for everyone? And how does that keep this game alive?