+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face comeback player: is guardian dex still worth getting?

Hello Rohanians!

I had been playing Rohan for a couple years back then. I used to play guardian dex. It was so much fun. Due to the new balance update, is guardian dex still worth getting? what's the pros and cons? Sorry, old newbie here. Thanks!

No.

Cons:
    1. No more dex buffs from Dhans and Rangers/Scouts.
    2. Every Guardians's skill stacks with melee and STR exept Invoke itself.
    3. 40% Dex boost and 900% crit damages based on dex is your only source of damages (lv 7).
    4. Invoke gives crit 7 % chances + 25% Melee (lv 7).
    5. Rumirs's Loop will piss the sh|t out of you.

Pros:
    0. If you want a crit based build, go Agi dhans. It's f*cked up atm.
    Last edited by Ang3lia; 05-28-2016 at 09:30 AM.
    CareBear Guardian EasyPeasy (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Ang3lia View Post
    No.

Cons:
    1. No more dex buffs from Dhans and Rangers/Scouts.
    2. Every Guardians stacks with melee and STR exept Invoke itself.
    3. 40% Dex boost and 900% crit damages based on dex is your only source of damages (lv 7).
    4. Invoke gives crit 7 % chances + 25% Melee (lv 7).
    5. Rumirs's Loop will piss the sh|t out of you.

Pros:
    0. If you want a crit based build, go Agi dhans. It's f*cked up atm.
    Thanks for the quick reply dude. Really appreciate it. I think I will try that AGI dhan, it's a cheaper build for new comers eh? haha

Anyway, is it possible to build guardian hybrid maybe? (I dont know how to call it). With a decent base damage while wielding dagger and shield? Guardian looks cool with dagger and shield rather than that huge swords. (yes, I'm that kind of a guy XD)

Quote Originally Posted by littlefox23 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply dude. Really appreciate it. I think I will try that AGI dhan, it's a cheaper build for new comers eh? haha

Anyway, is it possible to build guardian hybrid maybe? (I dont know how to call it). With a decent base damage while wielding dagger and shield? Guardian looks cool with dagger and shield rather than that huge swords. (yes, I'm that kind of a guy XD)
    Guardians uses shield because 50% block rates total. (15% from Onyx's shield, 35% from Bless Shield (lv 7) )
    Not really because with all the talisman and items that's passively gives DEX, you will end up with enough DEX stats anyway. Just go full STR.
    CareBear Guardian EasyPeasy (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Ang3lia View Post
    Guardians uses shield because 50% block rates total. (15% from Onyx's shield, 35% from Bless Shield (lv 7) )
    Not really because with all the talisman and items that's passively gives DEX, you will end up with enough DEX stats anyway. Just go full STR.
    It seems impossible. Guardian dex has no future here. Thanks Dude.

With the upclming adjusted balance patch dex guards and shield guards are gonna be 100% a thing of the past. Yes invoke will boost your crit damage by 2000% dex and 60% boost to dex but bless shield wond give anymore block rate just shield defense boost aimed blow will give 15% crit rate and with off hand dagger a 35% block rate so sword and dagger will be a must. Any other changes are still to be seen because korea rohan is still balancing stuff ontheir end.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    With the upclming adjusted balance patch dex guards and shield guards are gonna be 100% a thing of the past. Yes invoke will boost your crit damage by 2000% dex and 60% boost to dex but bless shield wond give anymore block rate just shield defense boost aimed blow will give 15% crit rate and with off hand dagger a 35% block rate so sword and dagger will be a must. Any other changes are still to be seen because korea rohan is still balancing stuff ontheir end.
    woow.. that gave me hope dude. XD
    wait a sec. a shield buff has no block but off-hand dagger gives block 35%? that's a meh. really.

Quote Originally Posted by littlefox23 View Post

Gear has evolved over time so the answer is no.

A mid tier guardian should have about 1.5k in every stat unbuffed and 3k str. Add in invoke/alm scroll/alm etc and you will have your 3k dex and 5-6k str.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Biggest problem is that guards elemental is useless in pvp(unless you pvp weak people), thus an agi dhan will always outdamage you(invenom), crit damage wise if you compare dex guard with agi dhans (crit char vs. crit char).

Don't listen to Ang3lia, literally half the things she said were incorrect lol.

Sure dex guard is viable but going full str with many ''all stats'' items will result in an overal better damage output and more possibilitys in pvp.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Banned
    Agreed - pure dex builds are dead. You are WAY better off going full str and getting dex & vit from accessories/scrolls/buffs. You can get more than enough dex in a str built to hit just about anything without sacrificing your precious skill points on it. And because you are primarily str, you are gonna hit HARD.