+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndiicate View Post
    It wasnt even 10 seconds karazy, it was maximun 5 seconds cause i was talking to my irl friend to be ready for the purchase and i told him when i uploaded exactly when. I didn't tell anyone else and i was gonna transfer it to my Main account which is this one. And on top of it was a ****ing person from Isen lol buying my transfer char within less then 5 seconds i mean wtf.
    Y'know, it wasn't very smart to transfer your char up for 1k rps, right? (edit --- sorry - you got that in before I finished this one) Anybody seeing a 115 +50 char up there at 1K would have jumped all pver each other to get it. Sometimes you think you are quick, but an automated sniping script can grab it faster than you switch to another browser and click your mouse/type in your EM password. I've had less valuable characters taken in less than 2 seconds of me sending it to EM (HuninHune actually got it - tho I am kinda pals with him these days).

I guess he learned the lesson

Tacobell 1,1k ecash cheap tacos kkkk
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Dang Fate. That was pretty reckless lol.

Live n learn ><

When you wake up..
    I'll be a story in your head,
    But that's ok.
    We are all stories in the end.

Just make it a good one eh?
    Because it was, you know.
    It was the best.

~ The Doctor.

MsAbella ~ Priest

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quite stupid at that pricing - I'd rather list it at an amount not everyone has laying around and take the cost of the EM fee for granted.
    Being cheap is what you got there in the first place. Eitherhow, sniping is bad business - so is blackmailing people.

I wonder though, if I were to log in on EM just at the moment you submitted the sale - who would hesitate to buy that? Not necessarily to blackmail, but to put to own use? All I have to do is check the checkbox, autofill pw and press confirm and it's mine.
    What if I buy something for 100 RPs and sell it for 1000 RPs?

1000 RPs isn't huge, but it's still a 1000% increase revenue. Would that be considered less of an offense? Is it?
    Quite the grey zone there.

Blackmailing makes it less grey - but apart from that...

Also, you don't need someone else to do the trading; if you open one window in incognito mode you can log in on two accounts. Also, if your pw's are saved, all you gotta do is alt-tab f5, click for agreement, auto enter pw and press submit.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Well well i got it back no worries xD
    Best templar in the whole server, the one and only FateGod

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndiicate View Post
    Well well i got it back no worries xD
    Glad to see it. It takes a huge amount of work - and money for all the exp scrolls/hunterkits to get that +50. You must've crapped your shorts when it disappeared from EM.

It is good the GMs recognized that and did the right thing here. I will work with the GMs to see if it is possible to set something up to safely transfer a character across accounts that isn't subject to as much possible abuse.

As you can prolly tell, I am NOT a big fan of EM snipers...
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 05-18-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    A player listed a 115+50 character with the intention of moving it to another account ( This is a safe assumption ) for 1k RPs. 10 seconds later, the character was bought by said whining "innocent player". 30 minutes later, the whining "innocent player" sells the character he paid 1k RPs for, back to the original player for 35k RPs, with the title "back ur char ty". I can only imagine what you players discussed offline, but for you to take someone's character you KNOW spent a lot of time and money on the game, buy it (Never mind how quickly it was purchased, Banana might know a thing or 2 about bot scripts on the EM..hit me up if you would like Mark, I want to know more about that in general, to check and see if that was what this guy was doing or not..), hold it for ransom, and then sell it back at an insane profit is completely unacceptable. This is not "being a smart business man", that is taking advantage of someone. There are many players who buy things at discount and then relist them profitably, but what you are doing is at a Martin Shkreli level of greed and no, that is not okay. Would you like to buy an account un-ban? We might sell you back your account 35x what it's worth. That's just good business according to you, right? ;P

I'm just kidding, you're banned, and we would LOVE a ticket response back from you to continue our investigation.

I always find it amusing when the people I ban come onto the forums and post about it. Maybe I am (kinda) lucky with a semi-jaded community, because you guys never buy into whatever they are pushing, always asking questions they avoid answering and generally dismantling their argument before I even get to read it! It really makes me happy, and just fills me with more excitement as we continue to work on improving the game in the various ways we can. Thanks for the smiles on this busy Tuesday maintenance!

Hold on here there are some problems with this statement.

1: Moving characters to another account? Why would someone do that? starts with R ends with MT just saying.
    2: 10 seconds? this thing was up for a whole 10 seconds? that throws the em bot script out the window and if it was a guy transferring a character to another account it doesnt take 10 seconds to log in. In fact I can make transfers instantly because we have this thing called private browsing and browser profiles.
    3: The purchaser didnt "take" anything. He purchased a char from the EM like normal people do seems to me like the system is working as intended.
    4: Bot scripts on the EM dont take 10 seconds to run lets be serious here this sounds to me like a case of OP getting lucky and taking advantage of somebody doing something they shouldnt be doing.

I have transferred boss drops and characters over the EM and this guy made many mistakes. Most notably putting his 115+50 char which is worth at least 50k rps up for 1k... something that just about everyone should have.

You wana know what would make this story funny? if the 10 seconds was OP charging rps and he still managed to get the char.

These new GMs are so carebear rofl if any of the ye-olde gms were here no action would be taken srsly.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 05-18-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Hold on here there are some problems with this statement.

1: Moving characters to another account? Why would someone do that? starts with R ends with MT just saying.
    I've done that more than a few times. Comes in handy when you multi-client alt accts and need to suffle your chars across those accts. It aint all about RMT. You know as well as I do that most people that RMT do it for whole accounts.
    2: 10 seconds? this thing was up for a whole 10 seconds? that throws the em bot script out the window and if it was a guy transferring a character to another account it doesnt take 10 seconds to log in. In fact I can make transfers instantly because we have this thing called private browsing and browser profiles.
    A couple things here. Snipe bot scripts are not event driven. They are polled. And not everyone is gonna run run them with a 1 second polling interval. More like 5-10 sec polling. Which could very well make this a snipe bot.
    The other thing is not everyone is as browser-savvy as you bouncing between browsers. I am also guessing that Karazy threw that '10 seconds' out there as a generalization TO MAKE A POINT. I doubt he is gonna give you the EXACT time between listing and sale. I would bet it was a lot less then 10 sec.

3: The purchaser didnt "take" anything. He purchased a char from the EM like normal people do seems to me like the system is working as intended.
    He did indeed. But think about it. Who in their right mind sells a 115 +50 character for 1.1k rps? Only someone trying to transfer it and beat some EM tax.
    4: Bot scripts on the EM dont take 10 seconds to run lets be serious here this sounds to me like a case of OP getting lucky and taking advantage of somebody doing something they shouldn't be doing. The guy that grabbed Fate knew exactly what he was doing.

I have transferred boss drops and characters over the EM and this guy made many mistakes. Most notably putting his 115+50 char which is worth at least 50k rps up for 1k... something that just about everyone should have.

You wana know what would make this story funny? if the 10 seconds was OP charging rps and he still managed to get the char.

These new GMs are so carebear rofl if any of the ye-olde gms were here no action would be taken srsly.
    Just guessing here but I suspect Fate's owner was trying to keep from paying the 5000 rps in EM tax and thought he could do it quickly enough not to get sniped. I suppose he learned he can't.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    In my country, if I try to beat tax, I'm charged twice over with an additional fee for flavor's sake - but we get the jest.

/caseclosehfciao
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast