+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StrOwnz View Post
    I now have added 4part katars to my collection.

I have
    4part mace 2.0
    4part zhen 2.0
    4part dagger 2.0
    4part sword 2.0
    4part dual swords 3.0
    4part katars 1.0
    Epic Zhen

All these upgrades in the possession of 1 player. Makes you wonder huh?

Do you think that this game is balanced by the lack of selling new upgrades. When one player can have so many? I will go out on a limb to say that I probably control 1/100th of the upgrades in this game.
    Pointless collection, Getting 1-2 rulers +18 is already worth more than all your weapons together and at least they are usefull and won't be obsolete when a new tier releases (unlike your upgs). Not selling upgrades doesn't balance the game. I could get more upgrades than you have but it's plain useless to invest ecash in them, I invested my Ecash in more useful and more economical stable pixels(lololol). Don't care who owns how many upgrades it's a dumb achievement lol.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

$ vs. $

but if you have those you're not going to prob weapons of in case you want to create characters with those weapons
    Lost roaming around as Ghost
    "Don't take it as a reason,

take it as a compliment,"

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    Pointless collection, Getting 1-2 rulers +18 is already worth more than all your weapons together and at least they are usefull and won't be obsolete when a new tier releases (unlike your upgs). Not selling upgrades doesn't balance the game. I could get more upgrades than you have but it's plain useless to invest ecash in them, I invested my Ecash in more useful and more economical stable pixels(lololol). Don't care who owns how many upgrades it's a dumb achievement lol.
    Uhhhmmm i think he posted this to point out the imbalance in the game where one could get his hands in so many exclusive/very hard to obtain items that the community in general needs but cant because there are other guys out there that have hoarded the same or even more of this items. Which in the end is one of the main problems in this games economy :l
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    No. I just thing you gonna cry when they sell Onyx upgrades that totally outclass those (and you just KNOW they will!)
    Just means I have 6 upgrades to replace with newer upgrades. You know that I dont care much about spending money on this game. Never have even 10 or so years ago when the game was new I spent on the game when the average max level was 6x and the level cap was 99. Boy were those the most fun the game had ever been.

I mean the most powerful accessories were R2 drops. Them 15/15/15 str dex vit rings. Smart dhans were rocking the insanity of red mustache for that agi vit hp.... and well on ahkma vit dekans were op af. Along with Dex guards, and agi dhans. I remember a good many of days of dekans getting to 20k hp being immovable pillars that would spike you for 4k dmg and that was OP. Then along came templars a few years later and the first major imbalance of the game that lasted pretty close to 7yrs epics boss drops upgrades.

Epics chased a lot of players out of the game Lots of people who couldnt afford seen this insurmountable thing and they did it as a flash sale. Gettem before they are gone and if I recall they only ever sold epic weapons once. I was one of those players that at that time I quit after spending months farming up, buying pro katar parts only to have ONE of the best katars on that server overshadowed by epics making my katars (that people offered me over 20k rps for if I would sell) now were worth dirt. I actually gave Leo and Cryo my katars sold everything and left the game lol.

Why because when the epics came out I didnt have the ability to spend like I do now, and I didnt have the money to buy them and as I seen it. Why play vs people who have when I cant do fk all vs them.

I have even argued for IGAE (in game acquirable epics). They would be account bound and of a lessor stat variety along with being race related. AKA items that that race specifically needs. These epics would bring balance to F2P players. It would be some long ass quest chain that would require players to "kill" or be in the presence when killed. All the R1-r5 bosses / mini bosses. Which at the time of epics killing goddess silva was an accomplishment. Something that now can be done in a matter of minutes by solo players.

One of Linn`s boys doing the dirty job for her
    Quote Originally Posted by knuffl88 View Post
    Most of the upgrades are laying around on inactive accounts. Whut a pitty
    I was actually going to hand out mine after I gave them Julian to use, too bad they're gone as well.

@Str0wnz

Ah, yes, the good old days. One of the reasons why the private servers were so popular, at least in my opinion, was the removal of super OP gear. Downscaling means it's actually far easier to balance stuff, and when theorycrafting of "How to make Rohan great again" I've advocated for 20 all stats to be the best accessory you can have with an all stats boost, other "better" accessory were limited to boosting 2 or 3 stats moderately, or one stat a bit more. This meant that people could pick and choose whether they'd enjoy some tankiness and better defenses while doing moderate damage, or whether they'd strive to go for all-out-attacking builts(glass cannons). Not to mention that whether or not you go for a 3 Str/Dex/Int : 1 Vit build or 4 Str/Dex/Int in tandem with low accessory stats make for another pretty significant change. Which is what I initially loved about Rohan the most, that you could design your character(within some boundaries) however you felt like it and it would be uniquely designed to suit you, and not a "meta".

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    if +20 all stat was the highest you could obtain, and be as difficult to get as +18 nowaday's accessories - people would spend just as much on those as they do now.
    But no - we needs moar. Harder, better, faster.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Uhhhmmm i think he posted this to point out the imbalance in the game where one could get his hands in so many exclusive/very hard to obtain items that the community in general needs but cant because there are other guys out there that have hoarded the same or even more of this items. Which in the end is one of the main problems in this games economy :l
    So you do that yourself and after that complain about it lol, doesn't make sense to me.

Also if you play long enough you could've easily horded upgs every time they were sold which was no problem and only meant more money for PWI, there was no increase in scarcity(since the supply was infinite) which is the economical concept that in this case drives the price of upgs through the roof. I honestly don't see a problem with people hording upg items since this is a nonfactor. People hording items or not, I doesn't matter. There are not enough Upg sold on the EM to make the price drop(because there are not enough upgs in game compared to the demand, especially now some classes became viable that weren't before, thus there being way too few upgs for these builds/classes), this can only be solved by PWI selling them.

The only way hording items works in a ''negative way'' is when a player could get him/herself in a monopoly position in which you'd have to hold say 80-90% of the upgs on the server and PWI should announce to never sell upgs again. In that case it would be a serious problem because that one person could decide the exact amount of upgs he/she'd sell and the price of them.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Banned
    I think you are missing the initial point of this.

Not selling them isnt balance since people have.

Not selling makes it harder for people who dont have to be able to beat those who do have the weapons already.

The point im making is that I personally control 6 upgrades + 1 epic weapon. That being said There are other people like me who also control a good amount of epics/upgrades themselves. Some are like Penguin Joe who have a few upgrades sitting on dormant accounts.

However when 1 person has a pile of them. Literally Not to mention the 4part bow I had, 4part axe I had, epic katars I had, another 4part dagger, another 4part zhen. All adds up to at one point in time I have held and traded off for other items an additional 5 more powerful items that are rare. I have probably owned over 20 4parts over my time played in rohan.

If you want a 4part / epic free game go play on isen. I hear the competition is scarce like their player base.

Im saying that now that they have the new patches out they should be selling weapons since many of the classes now benefit from using their class specific items whereas before many dhans were rocking daggers and swords. Which come nowhere near as good as katars are now. Not to mention do you think someone is going to trade for a in game katar over a 4part?! LOL only if they are retarded.

Many people dont have class specific items. I know many giants were using axes, swords, daggers, or maces not duals or polearms. Why? Because those items are single class only. The axes still dont have a specific class they fit since no class officially has a mastery for them.

Just saying I control 1% of the upgrades probably more because I dont think more than 600 of them exist on this server anymore. If ever. Im assuming theres less than 1000 active players in this game. Im assuming less than 50% of that have epic/upgrades. Out of that 500 people I have 6. Even if those other 500people had one each I still have 1% but I know for a fact other people have 3-5 upgrades.

Which makes the gap between people greater.

They exist so keep selling them. Not selling them especially since the balance patches makes it so people need to decide to use trash items over upgrades and I cant see that happening. I know personally I wouldnt give up the benefits of an upgrade for a 230agi 14% crit katar. Just because I would lose so many other bonus's

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    In that regards, I don't think Chimera's etc are such a bad option. I mean, you can still have crit/DD/abs/hp/mobility and or extra stats (+200 agi for example).
    Over time, they are more expensive than an upgrade, though.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    In that regards, I don't think Chimera's etc are such a bad option. I mean, you can still have crit/DD/abs/hp/mobility and or extra stats (+200 agi for example).
    Over time, they are more expensive than an upgrade, though.
    If you cant make those options yeh. I can make my own options and it just takes me some run around picking up plants till I get the seeds I need to make the creators fruits and just a little bit of luck and I got the option for 6days >.<
    For some reason they keep changing the time this options last. But crafted weapons are a nice option when it comes to lvling, a lvl1 character can use one of this weapons with lets say end game options and grind with no problems
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!