+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky1991 View Post
    right, fukin slow staff... dekans should be updated around 2017-2018 the way it goes...
    they should really do politics, they are good at promising stuff and doing it at the re-elections year or never do it!
    There fixed it for you
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baked12345 View Post
    Updates in-game requires a lot of stuff to be reviewed though. Having those stuff right away would totally mess up the game
    But GM's are seriously good when someone is requesting for a sale. hahahaha
    and why pservers take just one week or month to change something?
    If you could answer me that that would be great.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    and why pservers take just one week or month to change something?
    If you could answer me that that would be great.
    I can answer that for you.

Pservers are not nearly as careful or thorough with their internal testing as a corporation. In fact often pservers would drop change into the server because they really don't have a real testing environment that has more than the guys developing actually testing their own stuff, That's never a good idea - speaking as a retired software developer and pserver developer, we wear blinders. We only test the scenarios we know about and have coded for. We don't always consider other possible side effects and scenarios (we call them "use cases") that come out of our changes. Pservers just don't have the resources (testing staff), patience (players are often beating the crap out of the devs to get their patches out RIGHT NOW!!) or the motivation to do as much (or more) testing on their work as it took to make the change itself. Sometimes a very small change can have very profound consequences.

Corporations on the other hand have far more staff available to test their changes. And like I said, those changes MUST be thoroughly tested because it takes a lot to promote changes from a test into a production environment. Also consider that core changes for irohan have to come from Korea (where PW is located) - the development team is there, not in California (where PWi is located).

A pserver does not have a corporate overhead and a reporting structure. A pserver is put together by a few guys and tossed out there to see how players like it. They have no structure or scheduling whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    I can answer that for you.

Pservers are not nearly as careful or thorough with their internal testing as a corporation. In fact often pservers would drop change into the server because they really don't have a real testing environment that has more than the guys developing actually testing their own stuff, That's never a good idea - speaking as a retired software developer and pserver developer, we wear blinders. We only test the scenarios we know about and have coded for. We don't always consider other possible side effects and scenarios (we call them "use cases") that come out of our changes. Pservers just don't have the resources (testing staff), patience (players are often beating the crap out of the devs to get their patches out RIGHT NOW!!) or the motivation to do as much (or more) testing on their work as it took to make the change itself. Sometimes a very small change can have very profound consequences.

Corporations on the other hand have far more staff available to test their changes. And like I said, those changes MUST be thoroughly tested because it takes a lot to promote changes from a test into a production environment. Also consider that core changes for irohan have to come from Korea (where PW is located) - the development team is there, not in California (where PWi is located).

A pserver does not have a corporate overhead and a reporting structure. A pserver is put together by a few guys and tossed out there to see how players like it. They have no structure or scheduling whatsoever.
    True, but you gotta admit they are slow as fk with these patches...
    I mean they are a big team so why would it take like 6 months or more for 1 patch for only 2 races??
    FYI: pic showned isn't in PA
    xHELLDEVILx lvl 115 (+10) Dragon Knight
    Guild : looking for it
    "Born from Hell to incarnate your worst nightmares"

Quote Originally Posted by Franky1991 View Post
    True, but you gotta admit they are slow as fk with these patches...
    I mean they are a big team so why would it take like 6 months or more for 1 patch for only 2 races??
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    You may also want to consider that the development of the game is not executed by PWi.

As such, every wanted change is first documented and reported to Korea; where it is translated into something completely perpendicular on what was actually requested, coded, tested, translated back to English (with the extra addition of mistakes and other failures in general), tested here (repeat the previous process over if found "not OK") and only then implemented - with all the unfortunate events as a result.

I'm sure it makes more sense now.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

So too much trial and error then is whats taking them soo fking long =_=
    But they already added them to KRohan so just translating them and doing some minor error testing should take less than a month.(at least with the low amount of coding I know >.>)
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Banned
    But they already added them to KRohan so just translating them and doing some minor error testing should take less than a month.(at least with the low amount of coding I know >.>)
    tbh I think I would much prefer them devs taking their time, thoroughly testing and getting it as close to right as they can over getting an idea, hacking it together and throwing it out there as a "surprise!...oops!...sorry!" for my players.

No corporation likes to admit an oops! to its customers (us). Oppsies tend to get people fired in a corporation that depends on its game to stay alive. Oopsies in a pserver get a "sorry! we will fix it!" from the dev while he backs it out and puts in the next oopsie.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Values are different for the Korean market, because Koreans have different standards of "fun".
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    Values are different for the Korean market, because Koreans have different standards of "fun".
    video games 24/7, no eat, no sleep... lol
    FYI: pic showned isn't in PA
    xHELLDEVILx lvl 115 (+10) Dragon Knight
    Guild : looking for it
    "Born from Hell to incarnate your worst nightmares"