+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Maint Costs means lvl7s, Scrolls(Alm, Pdf, HP, Mag Lic, etc etc ect), Costume Patterns(Permanent Costumes with sockets to add Stats and stuff)

Transferring Stats from a weapon to the Arreendal(Trinity only weapon) is from impossible to well impossible(Its hard as fk and expencive).
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    [QUOTE=Kety;326260]Thank you everyone for your responses and helpful info, some parts where confusing so i got a few more questions :-)
    After posting this i will go read the guide for returning players as suggested so if some questions are covered there disregard them here please.

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    "Don't start a Trinity, they eat money and upgs (every time a new upg is released you will lose your old one and putting a new one in your weapon is a bloody nightmare $$$$$)"
    I'm not sure I understand, if this part is covered in your guide disregard this as I will read the guide in a bit.

"Soon everything will be selfbuffed, if you like to go support, yes rumir/priest/vit def are good"

I don't follow, is there a new patch/expansion coming soon that makes characters solo instead of party playable?
    Will Almighty from priest become self buff only, and other priest buffs for mana, psy, int, mental barrier or how its called ( i got a bit rusty with remembering stuff about this game), and even the rumirs buffs such as health for other players that arent limited to party only, will all those buffs be broken( impossible to buff other targets)??
    This part is very important to me as one of my main reasons to return to the game is to buff and help players.
    If this will not be possible at all then I don't think theres point to come back to play, whats a game without community socializing and helping each other other than the obvious kill sprees.

"Play in Jainus, Isen is dead. Jainus is a combination of the origional servers like Marea, Syrephis etc which were merged multiple times, togehter with Jin as well it makes up Jainus which is one big cluster server, all sub servers end up in the same server..."
    Jainus it is then! However I don't understand one thing.. I plan to buy one character from the exchange, now I noticed it has a lot of old known server names along with jainus in front, how does it work if I were to buy a character on lets say tempestm where would it go what is the idea behind this and not just have one server named Jainus, cause other stuff in exchange like items and pets etc have just jainus in front of them with no other server names added. Is it because some people had too many characters in different servers before or some other catch?

And thank you for making the guide!<3

By maintenance costs you mean durability from using the weapon in combat? or from level ups?

I think I still have a lvl 96 priest on one of my accounts, I will have a look when my loader finishes patching those gigabites.
    i hope she is not deleted as i read ( don't know if its true or not) some people claim their characters are deleted if they haven't played in a long time.
    But back on topic, i really want to give Rumir at least a try, she looks really cute and would be good addition to my elf family
    Just out of curiousity, you say Rumirs are expensive to maintain, can u give me an estimate on montly costs?

And thank you Aurora for the links, will go and read them in a bit <3
    Gearing the character through each and all levels and the resale value of said gear. The classes are strong, but just overall very expensive.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

[QUOTE=Kety;326260]Thank you everyone for your responses and helpful info, some parts where confusing so i got a few more questions :-)
    After posting this i will go read the guide for returning players as suggested so if some questions are covered there disregard them here please.

"Don't start a Trinity, they eat money and upgs (every time a new upg is released you will lose your old one and putting a new one in your weapon is a bloody nightmare $$$$$)"
    I'm not sure I understand, if this part is covered in your guide disregard this as I will read the guide in a bit.

It's not covered, my guide covers more basic info mostly. A trinity uses a special weapon called Arrendal, these weapons are character bound and can't be delted or sold. The arrendal has no stats, to give it stats you need to fuse a weapon in it. Once fused (which takes heaps of $ coz the failrate is like 95%) it's bound forever. As soon as you fuse a new weapon into the arrendal the old one goes *poof*, deleted. That's what ''it eats upgrades'' means.

"Soon everything will be selfbuffed, if you like to go support, yes rumir/priest/vit def are good"

I don't follow, is there a new patch/expansion coming soon that makes characters solo instead of party playable?
    Will Almighty from priest become self buff only, and other priest buffs for mana, psy, int, mental barrier or how its called ( i got a bit rusty with remembering stuff about this game), and even the rumirs buffs such as health for other players that arent limited to party only, will all those buffs be broken( impossible to buff other targets)??
    This part is very important to me as one of my main reasons to return to the game is to buff and help players.
    If this will not be possible at all then I don't think theres point to come back to play, whats a game without community socializing and helping each other other than the obvious kill sprees.

Buffs like Almighty will be solo currently giant and human buffs are already self buff only, soon half elf and dark elves will follow (not that DE can buff) all auras are untouched and mostly improved tho. All other auras are still for party and will remain like that as far as i know, by making buffs solo it actually becomes more party pvp based since everyone needs the support of different classes and their auras (priests for mareas grace, obli, GMB, heals) and for example guard 25% attackforce and 7% crit aura, Defenders Empower 30% attack force 45% PDF and so on. You are very well needed as support but not as ''buffer'' which doesn't seem to harm the game, from my perspective.

"Play in Jainus, Isen is dead. Jainus is a combination of the origional servers like Marea, Syrephis etc which were merged multiple times, togehter with Jin as well it makes up Jainus which is one big cluster server, all sub servers end up in the same server..."
    Jainus it is then! However I don't understand one thing.. I plan to buy one character from the exchange, now I noticed it has a lot of old known server names along with jainus in front, how does it work if I were to buy a character on lets say tempestm where would it go what is the idea behind this and not just have one server named Jainus, cause other stuff in exchange like items and pets etc have just jainus in front of them with no other server names added. Is it because some people had too many characters in different servers before or some other catch?

It's all Jainus, you buy it at tempest, log in at tempest and end up at jainus. They just kept all the old server names because this way you dont exceed the 4 chars per server. Any server but Isen is actually the same thing, Jainus

And thank you for making the guide!<3

No problemo

By maintenance costs you mean durability from using the weapon in combat? or from level ups?

See RBNXD reply above

I think I still have a lvl 96 priest on one of my accounts, I will have a look when my loader finishes patching those gigabites.
    i hope she is not deleted as i read ( don't know if its true or not) some people claim their characters are deleted if they haven't played in a long time.
    But back on topic, i really want to give Rumir at least a try, she looks really cute and would be good addition to my elf family
    Just out of curiousity, you say Rumirs are expensive to maintain, can u give me an estimate on montly costs?

They shouldn't get deleted but throughout the merges I wouldn't be suprised if some characters got totally bugged and thus E-shredded lol. I don't pay $ nor do I play the trinity race (I have a rumir but I don't play nor did I gear it) I like priest/rumir skillwise but pure support isn't my thing. You can try and make a rumir but I would strongly advice you not to put upg weapons on it since you will lose whatever you put on her. Also to make a support rumir it has to have many 7s and needs to have a lot of psy (not much vit). These things make priest easier to gear and also play (no ligh/dark side and other annoying stuff and tankier)

And thank you Aurora for the links, will go and read them in a bit <3

You got heaps of reading to do
    Last edited by White Arctic Fox; 02-18-2016 at 03:13 PM.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Thank you for answers I still have a lot of reading to do, my newborn is keeping me very very busy lately.
    Is there a link where i can see when templar, priest and rumir will become self buff only or can u tell me when are the changes expected to happen? weeks, months, year?

Quote Originally Posted by Kety View Post
    Thank you for answers I still have a lot of reading to do, my newborn is keeping me very very busy lately.
    Is there a link where i can see when templar, priest and rumir will become self buff only or can u tell me when are the changes expected to happen? weeks, months, year?
    Well some of us are keeping a tab on whats going on in Korea(Rohan Main Servers). Last update was HalfElfs/DarkElfs and that was like 2 weeks ago and we here are still waiting for said updates. They are working now on Dhan/Dekans and last part of the balance patch will be Elfs/Trinities so if everything goes according to schedule prob September or November. Could be next year so better play and test out all you want rather than following said updates.
    Ohh and make friends they help a lot.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Well some of us are keeping a tab on whats going on in Korea(Rohan Main Servers). Last update was HalfElfs/DarkElfs and that was like 2 weeks ago and we here are still waiting for said updates. They are working now on Dhan/Dekans and last part of the balance patch will be Elfs/Trinities so if everything goes according to schedule prob September or November. Could be next year so better play and test out all you want rather than following said updates.
    Ohh and make friends they help a lot.
    Autumn sounds good to me, I will only be playing till late summer, so this works for me, as I'm moving to another country to start work in autumn. have no other games to play atm, archeage devs screwed up big time so rohan will do for few months.
    friends are always welcome, pretty sure all my old beta-2011 marea buddies have long quit already :P

Well i'm not sure I will be able to play after all, yesterday I barely managed to get in game, after like 20x game crashes on ( rohan online game has stopped working ) login/server select/char selection screen, finaly got in game and got my rumir to 51 went to bed today tried again playing, crashed like 50x times, I tried many suggestions here on forums and I'm exhausted, 5 hours trying to fix this thing.
    My PC is fine, I can run the newest high end mmorpgs with it, my internet is fine too, I don't know whats wrong...
    Will ask in technical issues thread as well, and if I can't find solution by sunday then it will be a goodbye.
    I do appreciate you taking your time and sharing guides with me, hopefully the rohan will work, was looking forward to the rohan gifts they sent to all new players this morning and a good weekend of farming and questing... oh well...

edit: also last night I was running around several dungeons and maps and barely saw 1-3 players, what is going on with that? It was prime time too, not early morning..Tried to find a party with my rumir, no success, tried to find groups leveling somewhere (lvl 50-60) again no success..
    Last edited by Kety; 02-20-2016 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kety View Post
    Well i'm not sure I will be able to play after all, yesterday I barely managed to get in game, after like 20x game crashes on ( rohan online game has stopped working ) login/server select/char selection screen, finaly got in game and got my rumir to 51 went to bed today tried again playing, crashed like 50x times, I tried many suggestions here on forums and I'm exhausted, 5 hours trying to fix this thing.
    My PC is fine, I can run the newest high end mmorpgs with it, my internet is fine too, I don't know whats wrong...
    Will ask in technical issues thread as well, and if I can't find solution by sunday then it will be a goodbye.
    I do appreciate you taking your time and sharing guides with me, hopefully the rohan will work, was looking forward to the rohan gifts they sent to all new players this morning and a good weekend of farming and questing... oh well...

edit: also last night I was running around several dungeons and maps and barely saw 1-3 players, what is going on with that? It was prime time too, not early morning..Tried to find a party with my rumir, no success, tried to find groups leveling somewhere (lvl 50-60) again no success..
    Only at the high lvls you'll easily find partys. If you wanna party at a lower lvl try party matching and lower lvl of gratt (entrance located at limestone foothill).

As for settings try to execute the program as administrator and also in compatibility mode (another windows version) if you didn't try that already....
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Only at the high lvls you'll easily find partys. If you wanna party at a lower lvl try party matching and lower lvl of gratt (entrance located at limestone foothill).

As for settings try to execute the program as administrator and also in compatibility mode (another windows version) if you didn't try that already....
    Yup tried admin and compatibility already, think I tried all suggestions on these forums in the morning before posting. Idk anymore...

wow ! that was awesome!!