+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    Sounds like a plan
    Just installed and logged in after a long time. Checked Guard and Def not bad about new skills makes me wanna make a str def now :P
    I was just thinking tho.. it will be missing out on Crazy strength, aka 60% strength boost, with only 5% more attack force gain compared to the guardian and but an extra 100% melee gain during crazy swing/powered heavy armor , or am I missing something?

Obviously, they do not need to be on par though - IJS.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 12-15-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    Who doesn't? Anyways, I like the discussion we are having so far. What about the staple skills to put points into, what spread do you guys recommend? Is there a specific build order you follow, or is it more of a priority list?
    1. Buffs
    2. AOE skill(s) (to lvl up faster)
    3. Group aura(s)
    4. CS+ OS
    5. stone skin/mareas blessing (not sure if thats the name anyway the stun/sleep etc resist skill)
    6. CC skills: like blue drain, stuns etc.

Basically the order you do them in isn't really important, you can lvl up to lvl 70-80 really fast and while being that lvl you'll have most of your skills up. In general (with any class) you lvl the skills that are usefull for PVE (buffs/auras/sustainability skills) first and later up your CC or high damage skills(if they are not AOE).
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    This guy got his head up his bum templar is necessary evil and by making guardian the primary dps you nullify 1/2 their skillset because their crowd control skills are not aoe and dont work on mobs.
    So ...:
    1) you assume that if Guardian became a viable DPS then for some reason they would not use their CC skills
    2) for some reason you have got into your mind there needs to be a primary DPS (which needs to be Templar, of course)
    3) you say Guardian is not a DPS, meaning you suggest all of their damage buffs are for the sole purpose of making Blue Drain stronger, and you nullify all of their pure damage skills

Sorry but you make yourself look like you have your head in a place from where you can't see clearly.
    Last edited by bosshunt; 12-15-2015 at 01:58 PM.

More Shields! hahaha and costumes lol

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    Who doesn't? Anyways, I like the discussion we are having so far. What about the staple skills to put points into, what spread do you guys recommend? Is there a specific build order you follow, or is it more of a priority list?
    Well sir...to be honest, who cares. Blasting through lowbie levels is where you spend a tiny amount of your total play time, I'd rather just offer some feedback on the changes at higher levels.

1. Order swing - Lost 10 seconds of duration but a much reduced cool down. Great change. The thing I really disliked about this skill before was it got debuffed, you got stunned, or your combo got broken, etc, you were garbage until the cooldown ended. At least now if something happens to your OS you don't have to wait an eternity to go at it again...it makes the class much more consistent at the cost of a little bit of spike damage that you almost never got benefit from anyhow because the times you actually made use of a full 30 second OS were almost non-existent.

2 Crit Aura - Nice concept for promoting class diversity while grouping, but the extra damage does not work. I'm just a little worried about how it will end up multiplying with blunt mastery if blunt mastery is left as is.

3. Crazy Swing - Another buggy skill. Sometimes I'll buff OS, buff CS, and then charge, and it won't let me attack unless I cancel CS. It also locks up my attacks sometimes as well if I kill one target and try to move on to the next. Also the hp consumption on use doesn't work...but I don't even know why this was added. Kinda dumb you have to damage yourself to burst, and you might get your combo broke or they use defensive skill and you just damage yourself for nothing. At least when dekans damage themselves to use ffs/dffs its insta damage in a one shot nuke and they have access to a self heal that's actually useful to help negate it.

4. Buffs in general - Not so much guardian specific, but I'm a fan of the weaker debuffing...it makes classes without reflect more viable in the front line for obvious reasons. I also think it was neat concept adding power to auras and not allowing buffs to be cast on others...its more incentive to actually group a guardian then to just park one in a safe zone to buff your templar. I hope more classes get similar treatment with their castable buffs and activated buffs...I always hated that some classes seemed more useful as a safe zone buffer then they were to actually play.

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    I was just thinking tho.. it will be missing out on Crazy strength, aka 60% strength boost, with only 5% more attack force gain compared to the guardian and but an extra 100% melee gain during crazy swing/powered heavy armor , or am I missing something?

Obviously, they do not need to be on par though - IJS.
    Defenders made out pretty nicely. Their burst went from 10 seconds every 40 seconds to 20 seconds every 30/40 seconds. Plus ward getting rolled into empower(although its currently not working) and gaining stone skin....daaayyyum son. So glad I had a str defender before the changes lol. Defender dps probably gonna outperform guard dps sub 120 now, but with the ultimate skill guardians going to be way ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by bosshunt View Post
    So ...:
    1) you assume that if Guardian became a viable DPS then for some reason they would not use their CC skills
    2) for some reason you have got into your mind there needs to be a primary DPS (which needs to be Templar, of course)
    3) you say Guardian is not a DPS, meaning you suggest all of their damage buffs are for the sole purpose of making Blue Drain stronger, and you nullify all of their pure damage skills

Sorry but you make yourself look like you have your head in a place from where you can't see clearly.
    Yeah she does make herself look silly...
    1. When does a guardian use his lock down skills. When he's going to combo lol. You don't just cc on a guardian and then run and hide and let the real dps do the job, they're supposed to be one of the real dps.
    2. Yup, just showing her bias again. Templars should be viable dps but the concept of primary dps in a game with so many classes and builds is beyond stupid.
    3. Main thing I use blue drain for is to prevent them from using a stun break to escape a combo...since draining the red bar is what counts. Blue drain is an important skill no doubt, but I agree with you, its not exactly your primary concern as a guardian(or defender for that matter) to run around and whack someones mana every 20 seconds...its just a support skill to drain the much more vital red bar.

nice stuff Gank83, +1
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

best guardian on server has 13k str with one dagger and shield lel

Quote Originally Posted by arthurderohan View Post
    best guardian on server has 13k str with one dagger and shield lel
    That does not sound healthy, pics?
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Gank83 View Post
    Defenders made out pretty nicely. Their burst went from 10 seconds every 40 seconds to 20 seconds every 30/40 seconds. Plus ward getting rolled into empower(although its currently not working) and gaining stone skin....daaayyyum son. So glad I had a str defender before the changes lol. Defender dps probably gonna outperform guard dps sub 120 now, but with the ultimate skill guardians going to be way ahead.

Yeah she does make herself look silly...
    1. When does a guardian use his lock down skills. When he's going to combo lol. You don't just cc on a guardian and then run and hide and let the real dps do the job, they're supposed to be one of the real dps.
    2. Yup, just showing her bias again. Templars should be viable dps but the concept of primary dps in a game with so many classes and builds is beyond stupid.
    3. Main thing I use blue drain for is to prevent them from using a stun break to escape a combo...since draining the red bar is what counts. Blue drain is an important skill no doubt, but I agree with you, its not exactly your primary concern as a guardian(or defender for that matter) to run around and whack someones mana every 20 seconds...its just a support skill to drain the much more vital red bar.
    Great post again Gank83! Really like the info. What's the combo you keep talking about? I wish we had players who recorded themselves PVPing. That would be fun content to post up and watch on a thread like that. I would like to work on creating a guide with information like this in it, to help our newer players have a better understanding of what exactly is going on with their class. I can tell just from looking at some of the moves, they are definitely 5/5 in importance, like the buffs and the stuns. But what about the other moves? Is Final Crash not worth it? Knight's Mind? Bleed? Please, enlighten me as to why those moves aren't really mentioned! What skill points will you sacrifice for the class ultimate?