+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Guardian Class Discussion~

Guardian Class Discussion

Greetings Rohanians!

I would like to try and start compiling some information together for our old and new players to start enjoying these newly upgraded classes! Anyone in these forums like to theorycraft? :3

I want to maximize the effectiveness of my guardian, where should I start? Is the correct stat spread something like 3 Str, 2 Vit, with 5 Dex every 5 levels to maintain accuracy? What IS the accuracy requirement for PVP/PVE content? Will experimenting with different builds yield positive results, or will cookie cutter builds be the safe and effective way to play the class?

Pretend I'm a total noob, where do I start with my build? Which moves would you consider ESSENTIAL to the effective play style of Guardian, and which ones are luxury, or simply inefficient? I see lots of really cool stuns, would you say that the Guardian plays like a melee CC unit with buffs? Or would he be considered a pure DPS class that is focused on dropping people as quickly as possible?

I would love to get an organized and civil discussion with my community on how we can build and play these classes to their maximum potential. This is a preliminary test run; I would like to get guardians started, and then get a thread going for each of the classes for players to start generating knowledge and content for the community if this is successful and helpful. After some good info gets submitted, we can even try to organize it into a sort of class primer, and continue to grow it from there.
    Last edited by GM_Karazy; 12-14-2015 at 03:59 PM.

Do we really have to pretend?

1: All guardians go full str or full dex it all depends on your ringus.
    a. Got baws drops? full str!
    b. got upgrade rings? full dex!
    ****DISCLAIMER: Horseshoes lodged up your rectum may be required for all dex builds also crit blow scroll.******

Accuracy is not a concern for you because we have these things called all stats. If you are worth even a single pixel in this game you will have 300 in every stat and thats on the super low end.

A lot of noob****s you see on this forum are gonna say guardian is a melee dps but we all know thats pure bull****. A guardians role in pvp is to CROWD CONTROL KEY TARGETS!

see that templar whacking away with no reflect? HEAVY WEAPON!
    see that bimbo vacum pet priest? Stunner and kill!
    see that temp with reflect being a hoe with his glitched group euphoria? BLUE DRAIN

The best guards to ever play this game are the annoying ones who peel peel peel for days! making sure that priest cant free cast, making sure their dps dont have empower, killing off low priority targets when its convenient (thats a side job)

Another thing these noob****s will talk about is dual wield vs shield. If you are dex use shield if you are str dual wield. All a guard gets out of a shield is bonus block rate (but most guards dont skill past lvl 1 bless shield) and 1 stun in the knight tree.

To play a guardian requires a brain and...................MONEY! guard requires the 2nd most lvl 7s (str avenger is the defacto 1st) so get ready to pour all your money down the drain when karazy announces a buy 1 get 1 free lvl 7 sale on the IM!

****DISCLAIMER: Guardians are for rich people if you aint got no money take your broke ass over to the vit wizz section******

Needed buffs for guardian: Remove elemental resist from the game.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 12-14-2015 at 03:55 PM.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Nope nope and more nope
    Last edited by White Arctic Fox; 01-15-2016 at 07:53 PM.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Emo ppl disagree with me when I give them the secret of eternal happiness.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

What sunny and sniper said is 100% accurate with the insane amount of stats from boos drops there is no need for 3str 1 vit or 2 str 1 dex 1 vit or even Hybrid guards is either full dex or full str. YNK blew the variety away with this insane all class accessories.
    Either remove the all stats and all atk or find a way around it(GL doing that).

Btw did i say i like vit wizz? :3
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

I want to add a guardian on my account.what a good class since the balance patch was concerned.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I'm all in for "all-stat" and "all attack" removal.

Unfortunately, everything PWi lays their eyes upon receives either an "all-stat" bonus or an "all attack" increase.. or, well.. just both. It's PWi's version of Midas.
    Remember the days you needed some base dex in order to hit? Let alone, hit agi Dhans?

As for shield-wielding guardian - before the Stunner skill, that WAS actually a viable thing to do.

Despite being one of the most expensive builds - guardian has always been one of the most fun ones to play as (gotta love mana drain for one), along with scouts.
    If only defenders could use swords I lover me a sword and board :x visuals gotta count for something.

As for vit wiz.. is there anything else? There used to be great wizard builds (psy.. heck, even dex (Sintelion)) or full-int locks.. the only thing they're good for nowadays is for grinding and even then you can gather enough stats through all-stat items and a pair of twins for grinding purposes..
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    I'm all in for "all-stat" and "all attack" removal.

Unfortunately, everything PWi lays their eyes upon receives either an "all-stat" bonus or an "all attack" increase.. or, well.. just both. It's PWi's version of Midas.
    Remember the days you needed some base dex in order to hit? Let alone, hit agi Dhans?

As for shield-wielding guardian - before the Stunner skill, that WAS actually a viable thing to do.

Despite being one of the most expensive builds - guardian has always been one of the most fun ones to play as (gotta love mana drain for one), along with scouts.
    If only defenders could use swords I lover me a sword and board :x visuals gotta count for something.

As for vit wiz.. is there anything else? There used to be great wizard builds (psy.. heck, even dex (Sintelion)) or full-int locks.. the only thing they're good for nowadays is for grinding and even then you can gather enough stats through all-stat items and a pair of twins for grinding purposes..
    INT wizzys FTW
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

There used to be variety yes the removal of all stat and all atk will fix this and even balance everything all over the board with the new skill changes thats a fact. The question is is pwi willing to change those end game boss drops to classs specific stats or is going to leave that all stat/atk infestation? Another thing is making end game accs lvl110-115 lvl requirement so those end game users cant pop those accs on a lowbie and go on an all out killing spree on the not so fortunate players that go aroung on twins or even artisans +0
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

I like the boobs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast