+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Which One?

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    youll also gear up and spend time lvling your character while when you finally reach a good lvl to pvp the server will shut down.

you will have overpriced weapons and armour which will cost 20-30k Ecash easily because the TOP players of that server are GREEDY they will overprice stuff to squeeze the lesser players .

At least I would be having fun when they shut down the server that's what a game is suppost to be about.

Yes players would be selling items for 50k-99k rps but guess what you don't HAVE to buy them because you can farm and make your own. Right now farming is basically useless who is going to choose a farmed weapon over a upgrade? If you don't buy a upgrade all you can do is tickle other players until they piss.

Like I said I know players that still play doesn't want a 99 cap because they would need skill to play not the most money. If play with did a poll on there facebook page you would see how many really wants it.

edited to add this: Take runescape for example when they did the new combat enhancements over half of there playerbase quit but did they just say lets try to get more money out of the ones that's left to make up for the ones that quit. No they listened to there players and made a old school server that had more players than the new version. Ever heard the saying less is more?
    Last edited by LordTone; 07-14-2015 at 11:34 AM.
    The game enhancements did exactly what the name says, It enhanced this player base all the way to a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTone View Post
    At least I would be having fun when they shut down the server that's what a game is suppost to be about.

Yes players would be selling items for 50k-99k rps but guess what you don't HAVE to buy them because you can farm and make your own. Right now farming is basically useless who is going to choose a farmed weapon over a upgrade? If you don't buy a upgrade all you can do is tickle other players until they piss.

Like I said I know players that still play doesn't want a 99 cap because they would need skill to play not the most money. If play with did a poll on there facebook page you would see how many really wants it.

edited to add this: Take runescape for example when they did the new combat enhancements over half of there playerbase quit but did they just say lets try to get more money out of the ones that's left to make up for the ones that quit. No they listened to there players and made a old school server that had more players than the new version. Ever heard the saying less is more?
    I don't think you can compare RS with rohan lol, RS was the first of its kind and has a playerbase of 100.000s of players if not millions of registered accounts lol. I know they made a 2007 server after EOC and alot of people joined there but then again that game is not hosted by PW(or YNK), it asks from you to buy membership or play f2p and thats about it. It doesnt release insane items for insane money like whats done here.

Even current players would like to play at a 99 cap server (im olskool as well and loved that time) but since PW hosts this game its gonna be a P2W server just as much as Jainus.....ISEN.....Or (in the past) Jin. If the best way to get OP items is by farming PW simply doesnt make enough money (dont blame me or start a discussion with calculations that prove they will). If they think they would have made enough they would have started that 99 cap server long ago because we all know, they love money.

What you think about private servers is your own opinion, I don't enjoy playing for a month on an illigally hosted, hacked, bugged server that goes down as fast as you can spell ''private server'' but if others do, be my guest to join there.

Eventually it comes down to what I said before, simple greed. A 99 cap server would be possible if it would be hosted/created by a company that did not have as main goal to make (alot of) money and mostly the players wellbeing and joy. And the players on it would be kind and help eachother to build a nice community instead of bugging and hacking stuff and super inflating the economy to get rich. To me this sounds like an ignorant fairytale. The harsh truth is that something like this will never happen, thus there will not be a successfull 99 cap server lol....
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h