+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which One?

Quote Originally Posted by LordTone View Post
    Yea I don't play anymore because really what am I missing out on? The solo pve or 3 class pvp or near a thousand dollar requirement? However I do want the game to get a old server where its play to win not pay to win but really don't think that will ever happen. There's a 99 cap private server coming soon and it already has 1700+ likes so yea people want that maybe not the ones that are still playing but the ones that quit.
    I laugh at you for still not seeing the simple fact that a 99 cap server won't make even one differenct. As long as PW hosts this game it will be as it is now, no matter if you make a 30 cap 99 cap or 150 cap server with or without upgrades it is and will Always be P2W.

About private servers, they ALL shut down and they all go corrupt (not like this version dint but still).

Open your eyes man.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

@LordTone
    That server prob wont last long cause they have been announcing its opening since before June, I've been following them but the delay for just making the website is sickening. As you see I completely quited here and prob wont play there since they are delaying it too much. I recommend you to try another one that has been open for like a month or more. Maybe you'll like it a complete new challenge. It has some serious changes on it. Temp BM nerf, Agi Dhan buffs, Giants, Scout and Pred complete rework.
    Still don't get hopes up on pservers they might close in your face whenever they want and you'll never see it coming :l

@BananaBandit
    Yup, if a pserver doesn't have a Temp nerf then its useless to even say its viable. They can change the boss drops, boost defense and all that sh!t but at the end of the day Temps still rule the server even if its 3x stronger than the strongest burst damage class in game.
    I personally completely lost faith in them after July 1st. Been there seen it more than 3 times already.
    Still completely agree with yah

@snipers334
    Yah a lvl 99 server wont last long cause players will get bored of all the same fights and sh!t plus they will want a class balance at some point even with boss drop nerfed or artisan reinforcement cap. Some players just think of the past and start getting all those good old flash backs but the game needs to improve at some point. New lvl cap, new challenges, new skills, new bosses, ext, ext, ext...
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    I know what private server you are talking about and frankly it is is looking every bit as likely to happen as another one I know of that never materialized.

Lots of promises, delaying opening, not committing dates and simply stringing folks along. Don't hold your breath on it. If it does actually open these guys will prolly get it shut down within a month. I can pretty much guarantee it will not live up to the hype they have been putting out there.
    I thought you was talking about this rohan for a minute XD but yea they have been delaying it for sometime. At the same time though I would much rather a game take a year or so to come out instead of 1 week and be completely full of bugs and glitches.

Like I said I know people who play this wouldn't want it because there money wouldn't help them any. 1700+ likes is a lot of players who like the idea so that's way more than still plays how it is now.

Edited to add this: Pvp was basically perfect on 99 cap all they needed to do was work on pve add more dungeons or mobs that have area attacks where you move out of the way then attack again etc. Instead they made pvp only last 3 seconds or so and there is no fun what so ever in that.
    Last edited by LordTone; 07-13-2015 at 05:05 PM.
    The game enhancements did exactly what the name says, It enhanced this player base all the way to a new game.

Facebook is a hype machine.

You can say a lot of things on a facebook page and make people like you. You can also buy 'likes' to make you look popular. Don't assume because they look good on facebook means they will be good. I've seen way too many pservers come and go and most of them made the same claims.

point is that until/if that one actually opens and stays open, nobody really knows if it will be good or not.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

That's true but at the same time you cant say people doesn't want it either because where are the thousands of players this game used to have? All left after there was no longer a 99 cap server they had to have what 5 servers or so just to hold all the players now its every server combined for 100 players if that. I know some is going to say well they went to better games or this games so old that's why they left but theres older games than this one that people are still all over.

Anyways even if its only open a month I bet I have more fun in that month than Ive had in a year on this version.
    The game enhancements did exactly what the name says, It enhanced this player base all the way to a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTone View Post
    Anyways even if its only open a month I bet I have more fun in that month than Ive had in a year on this version.
    Aaaaaaand thats the real reason most people just stay in pservers. Plus its 100% true.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Goodbye,.
    See talk we about topic nothing.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by watiwatem View Post
    Hello ,.
    by the way being the talk about ?
    i cri evri tiem
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Private servers (the ones I played) are no different from this rohan. They rise out of the ashes from previously failed or shut down pservers and they are as corrupt as they can get. LordTone you have an illusion that a private server or lvl 99 cap server would be better. The simple fact is that people are greedy and will Always be greedy and there lies the basic problem. People bribe the gms of private servers and get OP items (trust me I've played with people on for example XorRohan in the past and they had items similar to Upgs on this rohan).

You cannot ''fix'' these problems because they are and will be anywhere you go. If its a pserver it will be corrupt and you will get 1 shot by templars or dhans with OP hacked/bribed gear there except for that youll also gear up and spend time lvling your character while when you finally reach a good lvl to pvp the server will shut down.

As for this version of rohan. Either PW keeps messing things up by, for example releaseing new upgrades with other stats to make people spend more $ (which is an example out of the many many things they did). If you make a lvl 99 cap server you will have overpriced weapons and armour which will cost 20-30k Ecash easily because the TOP players of that server are GREEDY they will overprice stuff to squeeze the lesser players (who all want to be OP) thus making a fortune out of them. This cycle is endless and applies to any server you go to no matter what cap or who hosts it.

The issue you are trying to fix is not within rohan, its within every human. Which is the greed to want more than others to feel powerfull or the greed for money as a company(run by humans).
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

I've mentioned the pros/cons of private servers a while back but I think it needs repeating.

Private servers are not run by corporations. they are run by gamers who are dissatisfied with the way they feel an official game should be run. there is a monetary motivation as well but to be perfectly frank here the income in current rohan private servers is pretty low. players leaving here are mostly doing so because they see PW as a greedy, money-grubbing bad guy. Those same players won't go to a private server and spend anywhere near the amount of money they did here. when you add to that the fact that private server seldom get an *honest* (as in real - not 'claimed') population of more than 300 people, most of which is more interested in hacking the server and cheating rather than honestly playing, you find that the income is not all you would expect. These days only the most successful private servers gross $1000 in a month. When you subtract the costs and time involved to continually develop (most of the better pserver developers are not doing it for free) and run the server (offshore hosting, anti-ddos and antihack services) you don't get a lot left to make it worth your while. Beyond that here some other attributes of pservers...

Pros
    1. Many offer easier 'free' play by increasing drop, experience, forge and reinforcement rates.
    2. Consumable donation items are often cheaper than here.
    3. Some offer permanent items like costumes and accessories
    4. Many will give you all kinds of startup stuff like weapons, armor, bags, pets and ses/ases.
    5. Most focus on pre-hero pvp play if you like that kind of thing. They fast-track leveling to get you to end-game as fast as possible some with 'instant' endgame features.
    6. GMs a little more approachable in-game.

Cons
    1. Pservers are run at the whims of a couple of people that have no real commitment as a company. More than one pserver had gone down simply because the GMs, Devs and Owner had an internal fight. That does not happen in a real official game that has a corporate structure and backing finances.
    2. When contributions run low and the pserver can't pay its bills, it closes suddenly and without warning. It just goes away. Official games are again run by a corporation. Corporations are required a certain amount of buffer capitol available to pay bills when income drops below costs. I am sure that this Rohan has dipped into that buffer more than once yet it is still here.
    3. Pservers seldom have the facili6ties available to the officuial game. For instance very, very few have an Exchange Market so you can buy/sell your characters gear and crones. Don't let anybody tell you different - the exchange market is a huge part of this game and every player here uses it. Most pservers don't think it is important enough to have one.
    4. Most focus on pre-hero pvp play and totally downplay all the other activities involved with playing rohan like crafting, pve and commerce. That's a shame really because there is SO MUCH more to rohan than simply pvp. Private server that try to balance pvp with the opther actuivies that are available are often ridiculed and scorned by a very vocal pvp fanatics. This reduces the incentive for pserver owners to make more balanced activity servers.
    5. Pservers are illegal. No ifs, ands or buts about it. They are built using stolen server files. You access them by using hacked clients that have had their gameguard hooks removed. Few of the .bin files on a pserver's client is original which means you are breaking intellectual property laws to use that client. Being illegal, private servers and the players that connect to them are subject to copyright infringement prosecution in all countries that support DMCA (most of the American and western European countries support and will work with the U.S. to prosecute DMCA violations). This means pservers iwll often go running as soon as they get one of Steve Lee's DMCA takedown requests.
    6. Finally pservers are run on code that is OLD. Over the years PWI has made a lot of bug fixes and content updates to this game. You will get none of those in a pserver. Those that look back on the old lvl 99 rohan clients with longing are also forgetting things like being able to walk in the middle of the air, glitching into trees and walls and the missing bridges around Einhoren. Arte there bugs in the latest versions? There sure is but most of those are caused by GameGuard - not the client code itself. There are other long-standing bugs as well that may never get addressed but at least what has been fixed is no longer an issue. Forget about that on any pserver.

pservers have a lot of simple pros, but also a lot of complex cons. it is up to the player/consumer which is more important to them.

I've personally given up developing and playing Rohan pservers every bit as much as I have given up playing here. All I hang around here for is to heckle those who still think this game is in any way viable. To me this game has lost its appeal and rohan pservers have not made the game any more satisfying to play. My pserver development attention is focused on games that do not require me to break any copyright/IP laws to create or play on a private server. They are out there.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 07-14-2015 at 07:52 AM.