+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    People left Jin for Isen and left Isen for jainus....so indirectly, left jin for jainus but that wasnt my point. My point is that there is no point in making another server....again...the last attempts failed pretty badly so I'd say focus all recourses on fixing jainus for now and maybe later if that moment ever comes and jainus is okay then there could be an oldskool server.....
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    People left Jin for Isen and left Isen for jainus....so indirectly, left jin for jainus but that wasnt my point. My point is that there is no point in making another server....again...the last attempts failed pretty badly so I'd say focus all recourses on fixing jainus for now and maybe later if that moment ever comes and jainus is okay then there could be an oldskool server.....

But the thing is even if they fix janius perfect where every class is equal in every way the game is still slowly losing players left and right. There is no new players joining everyday or week because there is so many other f2p games that doesn't require spending a paycheck on the game or quiting your job to lvl up lol. If you started a brand new account with 0 rps and didn't have friends give you rps you would see why new players isn't joining the game. You could farm items to sell but whos really gonna buy them when everyone only wants upgrades and other crazy items. That's why I suggested a starter server on how the game was when it had the highest player base and when you get enough money and practice then you can move to janius server.

I edited to add this video that I seen because to me rohan hit on a few of the numbers especially number 5
    https://youtu.be/eWHboTytk_Q?t=5m12s
    Last edited by LordTone; 06-18-2015 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Signature
    The game enhancements did exactly what the name says, It enhanced this player base all the way to a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTone View Post
    But the thing is even if they fix janius perfect where every class is equal in every way the game is still slowly losing players left and right. There is no new players joining everyday or week because there is so many other f2p games that doesn't require spending a paycheck on the game or quiting your job to lvl up lol. If you started a brand new account with 0 rps and didn't have friends give you rps you would see why new players isn't joining the game. You could farm items to sell but whos really gonna buy them when everyone only wants upgrades and other crazy items. That's why I suggested a starter server on how the game was when it had the highest player base and when you get enough money and practice then you can move to janius server.

I edited to add this video that I seen because to me rohan hit on a few of the numbers especially number 5
    https://youtu.be/eWHboTytk_Q?t=5m12s
    again, thats how for example Jin started (as a new server without upgrades, like you described) and look how it ended.....so many players left jin they decided to merge it with Jainus.....another new server = crap idea
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    What they did good:

- New server
    - good promises
    - skill changes
    - implementation of new dungeons
    - (Temporarily) Positive community feedback
    - New IM/craft items

What was bad:

- wasn't the first time they had to do a new server, alas
    - promises weren't fulfilled
    - skill changes were not what was expected, requested nor what the game really needed. Some classes improved (scouts..), some only got worse since new skills negate the diversity between classes

- Powercreep of new dungeon drops only make the gap between balanced classes bigger

- Positive community feedback was only temporarly

- New IM/craft items.

Now, of the latter we can write essays, books, encyclopedia's - but let's us make it fairly short and straight forward:

- They lessened duration of ingame craftable spirit stones, so they are even more useless than they were before. This only to make sure IM sells.
    - Spirit stones one can buy with dungeon points were already extremely expensive - they can also break and last but a day (or three?). This to make sure IM Sells.
    - Spiritstones on IM were only catered in such a way, one would need several others - to make sure IM sells.
    - Armor defense stones were never sold, because this would negate the need of DD (most expensive) + leech in pvE.
    - Armor defense stones were never sold, because this would negate the need of spiritstones on your armor

- Damage of mobs was increased in such a way, that plussing your "free"/ingame obtainable armor is a necessity. This to make sure IM sells.
    - Damage of mobs was increased in such a way, that spirit stones are a necessity. This to make sure IM sells.
    - Damage of mobs was increased in such a way, that farming/combining and enhancing your own gear is no longer useful - crafted armor/spirit stones are a necessity.

Spirit stones bought from the IM - regardless of being almost 500rps for 30d DD CAN STILL BREAK WHEN TRYING THEM ON I've had this happen several times.. maybe just my luck?

There's a way of making money from IM, and there's a way of ripping your customers off.

The server sounded very promising in the beginning - I was fooled.
    Once, twice - but not a third time. I'm sorry Karazy, but I'm not buying it.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

All those bad points were bad only in the eyes of the players. PW felt they were positive moves to ensure the server was sustainable. Don't get me wrong, I am mot defending it but I do see the necessity. Unsustainable servers don't last very long and low populations force game publishers to get inventive to keep money coming in.

That is the only way to get the few players left on that relatively cheap server to buy rohan points. It is either that or shut the server.

When you are uncertain of your game's long term financial health, you tend to think tactically rather than strategically and get it while the getting is good. Economics trump player happiness every time.
    Last edited by BananaBandit; 06-18-2015 at 06:41 AM.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    All those bad points were bad only in the eyes of the players. PW felt they were positive moves to ensure the server was sustainable. Don't get me wrong, I am mot defending it but I do see the necessity. Unsustainable servers don't last very long and low populations force game publishers to get inventive to keep money coming in.

That is the only way to get the few players left on that relatively cheap server to buy rohan points. It is either that or shut the server.

When you are uncertain of your game's long term financial health, you tend to think tactically rather than strategically and get it while the getting is good. Economics trump player happiness every time.
    I think a marketing class has yet to be finished. You don't gain money from ripping off your customer base, to the contrary.
    By that theory, PiW (or YNK) has been thinking 'tactically rather than strategically' for the past 5 years.

If they would've thought "strategically", they would be certain of their "long term" financial health.

I'm one of those few who've been fairly "defending" the IM/EM policy in the past and haven't been very popular for that. Not sure if you still remember that.. or haven't been around during that time, I'd say I have plenty of posts to show for that.. if they wouldn't delete 6-7k of them - but the as per above is just a complete rip off, and that's nothing to do with understanding economy. Actually, that's everything to do with not understanding the economy.

Besides, what is long term in gaming and especially the mmorpg world?

Stealing is never a necessity, it's a choice.

Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan

Well I could point at lest 3 few games that have been around a really long time and show no sign of going away anytime soon. They have large, active populations, IM setups that provide minimal powerups and very happy player bases. All of them except for one started out as subscription games, but moved to the F2P business model. Those same games thrive regardless of the large number of private servers out there that they compete against both before and after moving to F2P.

Like you, I can't say the same about these guys.

And yes I remember your evangelism just as I used to beat on that same "iRohan rules!" drum too. I have had my share of 'discussions' with Ishtaria & others about the pros/cons of private gaming enterprises (with me defending YNK). Like you these days I am not exactly their champion anymore either, but I do understand where they are coming from and what their pressures/motivations are.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBandit View Post
    Well I could point at lest 3 few games that have been around a really long time and show no sign of going away anytime soon. They have large, active populations, IM setups that provide minimal powerups and very happy player bases. All of them except for one started out as subscription games, but moved to the F2P business model. Those same games thrive regardless of the large number of private servers out there that they compete against both before and after moving to F2P.

Like you, I can't say the same about these guys.

And yes I remember your evangelism just as I used to beat on that same "iRohan rules!" drum too. I have had my share of 'discussions' with Ishtaria & others about the pros/cons of private gaming enterprises (with me defending YNK). Like you these days I am not exactly their champion anymore either, but I do understand where they are coming from and what their pressures/motivations are.
    +1 and exactly my point
    They lacked the long term plan before they even started and, considering the lack of community input in the development of Rohan 2 - they also lack the long term planning over there.

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    again, thats how for example Jin started (as a new server without upgrades, like you described) and look how it ended.....so many players left jin they decided to merge it with Jainus.....another new server = crap idea

I don't understand why you keep comparing this idea to jin and isen because they have never once made a lvl 99 cap server. When the game had the most players of all time they had a choice to make either make the 3/4 of the playerbase happy by adding new costumes new mounts and new dungeons etc or make the 1/4 of the player base happy by adding upgrades and one after another crazy increased stats items we can see which one they chose.

Just like the video I linked said that's happen to many of games the new game enhancements did exactly what the name says it enhanced the player base all the way to a new game. To me if the game isn't broke DONT change it in the first place. Apparently im not the only one who thinks this where is incursion or esoteric or JBI (just bring it) and countless of players.
    Last edited by LordTone; 06-18-2015 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Signature
    The game enhancements did exactly what the name says, It enhanced this player base all the way to a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTone View Post
    I don't understand why you keep comparing this idea to jin and isen because they have never once made a lvl 99 cap server. When the game had the most players of all time they had a choice to make either make the 3/4 of the playerbase happy by adding new costumes new mounts and new dungeons etc or make the 1/4 of the player base happy by adding upgrades and one after another crazy increased stats items we can see which one they chose.

Just like the video I linked said that's happen to many of games the new game enhancements did exactly what the name says it enhanced the player base all the way to a new game. To me if the game isn't broke DONT change it in the first place. Apparently im not the only one who thinks this where is incursion or esoteric or JBI (just bring it) and countless of players.
    Making another new server just like rohan used to be yeaaaars ago is just not gonna happen lol. (think like YNK/PW or rather like the Koreans) They din't make all those updates and stuff to just fall back to the rohan without all that stuff (they'd probably not make enough money).I mean **** they already made 2 new different servers (they weren't 99 capped but they were both quite different from Jainus). Why do you think they made ISEN and not a lvl 99 cap old server(the idea of that is older and already suggested multiple times before this thread)? Simply because crafted items require you to buy stones every week or month which is permanent $ income for PW just like upgrade sales is also pure $. Why'd you make a 99 cap server with almost no income (except maybe somes ses/ases, pres stones etc......

Also I kept/keep mentioning ISEN/JIN since those were servers that were brought out but did not succeed either. a server with no income for PW will fail before its ever setup because....well......its never gonna exist lol
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast