+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

"Old School" Rohan

I just want to start by saying please don't fight with each other in this thread because it doesn't solve anything at all.

Server Name - Old School

It would be based on lvl 99 cap before artisan/craftsman or twins or walters or upgrades etc. It would really appeal to new players starting the game with 0 crones and 0 rps because prices would not be insane and with a little time could save enough money to compete with other players. Also I think it would help long run to bring players to janius server by Old School being the server for new players or players that quit and wanted that. Once new players played Old School enough and built up enough rps and wanted new items new dungeons or the new class they could move to janius because they would have rps to buy items and equip there character, instead of starting off with accessorys costing 25k rps each.

It could also bring in a lot of money as well. Do a bunch of 7 day costumes and 7 day glasses and earrings, lvl 6 and 7 stones, pets, reset stones, and the scrolls that used to be. To be honest I wouldn't even mind a $5 sub fee to play the server and every month you gain 100rps for subbing.

Ive played wow, runes of magic, lotro, runescape, cabal the list just goes on and on but rohan has always been my favorite game because of how it used to be. The reason Im suggesting this is I really want rohan to get new players joining every day or week and battles everywhere not just a couple people outside safezone while everyone else goes afk.

I just don't really see any other way to bring new players in other than doing this because even if I just started playing rohan as soon as I seen how much it cost to equip a character I would just rather go buy another xbox one or a 50 inch tv or something lol.
    Last edited by LordTone; 06-18-2015 at 10:07 AM. Reason: signature
    The game enhancements did exactly what the name says, It enhanced this player base all the way to a new game.

This will not gonna happen, isen is almost a brand new server, so i think the will not make a new server again..

Not to bash on you personally but your idea sounds like....a.k.a. Jin/Isen Revamped. a.k.a. fail lol. Might be nice at first but I fear it will soon be empty as most people will tend to leave and start at Jainus (like what happened with isen/jin). This is just my opinion tho, your idea is good and I loved oldskool rohan but I just don't have any faith in a successfull return to that era.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

I know everyone just wants the servers now to be balanced but think about it even if they balance it perfectly how many new players will the game bring in when you have to spend so much money just to play or farm for years? Im wanting to bring new players back im wanting heavy player loads im looking at the long term goal for this game that I love.

I edited to add this part isen and jin was never lvl 99 cap that's why it failed it was just the exact servers made new
    Last edited by LordTone; 06-18-2015 at 10:07 AM. Reason: signature
    The game enhancements did exactly what the name says, It enhanced this player base all the way to a new game.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    They have already made too many "new" servers and still are able to mess it up.

Actually, every new server outcome is worse than the one before. Not sure how they do it. The only way to "fix" RBF is by sending it back to the drawing board.
    They won't.
    They're busy with Rohan 2, which somehow doubtfully will be the answer to our questions.

I guess I'd like to play on a craft-free (or reinvented craft system), hero-skill free server with balanced classes. Pre glacial, pre crafting most classes were fairly balanced with exception of templars (OP) and Scouts (UP - though better now with changed skills).
    Things were also a lot harder to do.. full vit priests etc. were a lot harder to pull off due to the lack of all the all-stat shebang you get thrown at in current servers.

Of course, there would still be a lot to fix/change/add - but it'd be a great start.

I'd bow to Karazy if he can pull that off, but then again - not sure if it's still worth it. After all, this is a Korean game and these are well known to be a grind fest. Back in the days I had the time and will to do that still, I also had the people to do that with.
    Not sure if I would still be able to invest so much effort in a game and find people as incredible as I've met in those days..

Like I said, the idea behind Divinity and Isen particularly was very sound.. but what they did to it with the whole crafting stuff, IM shizzle and what not else.. I still have nightmares of it.
    I laughed my ass off at GNYU for going to Tera and told him he'd be pretty daft to go play such a generic silly game in comparance to rohan. Now I am here, staring at my Tera launcher being a hypocrite.

I miss you GNYU
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 06-17-2015 at 10:49 AM. Reason: I can't even write english anymore *sigh*
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

As appealing as that sounds sir I am afraid it would not bring in enough money to keep the PlayWith corporate structure happy.

There is huge tactical money in selling upgrade parts and preservation stones. PlayWith Interactive is nothing if not tactical in their business model. It just comes from the unwillingness to take the strategic risks necessary to bring in growth that happens over a longer term. I can see their business need for that thinking. It costs a lot of money to run this game on a month-to-month basis. Guys like Karazy and Irene need to be paid. The servers need to be maintained and kept running. The support staff would like to bring home a few dollars to pay their rent too. Even playwith has to pay an ISP to connect to the internet. That money has to come from somewhere and you guys are it.

I hear you about the classic pre-hero, lvl 99 max R.O.H.A.N : Blood Feud we all know and love. I also know that there are hundreds of players out there that left because of everything that happened here about 5 years ago and only see things as getting worse & worse every time they stop in. It is a shame since some really good people I know walked away from here and are not coming back.

Those people are all still out there the private server world. There are several hundred people out there that are still heavily addicted to this game, but are not willing to play this game in the state it is in and with the management attitudes as they here. I know because I have seen them, talked with them and actually played with/against them out there. Many of you have too.

They want to play Rohan. They are playing Rohan going from short-lived server to short-lived server. They are just not interested in coming here because they see things like dekans doing 200k damage pretty much two-hitting anything that doesn't have huge amounts of SD. They see templars hitting 300k shield strike. They see the need to have 200K HP just to be competitive in this game. They see the hundreds of dollars and euros necessary to get your character up to those standards. So is it any surprise they don't want to come back? We all know why they are not because just about every one of us has complained about it in these forums.
    There is nothing noble about being superior to others. True nobility is gained by becoming superior to one's former self.

I just really hope this gets thought about some and not just swept under the rug because you can have the BEST game the BEST graphics the BEST everything but without any players you have NOTHING.
    Last edited by LordTone; 06-18-2015 at 10:08 AM. Reason: signature

My god sweet vanilla server will never happen even if we go to Korea and cry before the company. They are too greedy to even let something like that happen and they want to continue to add stuff to the game even if its broken. An example of it is the new Heroic skills that are coming. You can still have the vanilla feeling from pservers that actually listen to their player base. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTone View Post
    I just really hope this gets thought about some and not just swept under the rug because you can have the BEST game the BEST graphics the BEST everything but without any players you have NOTHING.
    This has been said over and over again yet no change.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    IMHO, it's healthier when the money flow is constant, rather than searching for some spectacle creep in order to gain one big pile of money and have it dry out again over time. Searching for some other trick to sell to your playerbase to again cash in as much money at a time as possible - since it's getting urgent to pay the bills.
    The issue being, is that every time you come with some new way to get some quick buck - the raise on the bankaccount gets smaller and smaller - and the time span between finding new ways become shorter and shorter.. ..

Eventually the bank account dries out.
    So does the player base.
    So does the idea-pool.

Then again, what do I know about money and economics.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 06-17-2015 at 01:15 PM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Commoner
    Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    Not to bash on you personally but your idea sounds like....a.k.a. Jin/Isen Revamped. a.k.a. fail lol. Might be nice at first but I fear it will soon be empty as most people will tend to leave and start at Jainus (like what happened with isen/jin). This is just my opinion tho, your idea is good and I loved oldskool rohan but I just don't have any faith in a successfull return to that era.
    This is a little wrong...I stopped logging in because they forced Jin into Jainus. I don't think people actually left Jin for Jainus lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast