+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    What private server? Can you tell me its website? Anything at all about it?
    Did I even mention the words "Private Server" in any of my posts than to say that epvpers does NOT run one?

lol with the history book. Why would I care about the french revolutions?
    Dude, who even says that is FRENCH except you and Eagle?
    As well...

I'm NOT French. I'm NOT Spanish. And frankly I don't give a rat's ass if the grammar is a little off. So What?

Who says "Revolutions" has anything to do with a private server? What if I were to tell you it is a gaming community site? (It's not, but YOU don't know what the **** it is). And if it were private server -- and i'm not saying it is -- who says it is even a ROHAN private server? FYI I develop all kinds of game servers. Most of them are emulator-based and I have the source code for them.

One thing for sure I did not advertise a single one of them here! If you think I did, then prove it or shut the **** up.

Again, WHERE exactly am I doing that?

Again, what advertising? Where the **** is it? Website? Got a domain name at least? How about a name? Anything at all that we can use in Google to search for their website?

Y'know guys, I would love to see where at any time in this thread that I advertised a private server here.

I am advertising? Prove it folks.
    Spreading lies is only only making you look like idiots.

FYI: YES!! I develop private servers. All kinds of private servers. I'm not gonna name them because guys like EP will only go off on another crusade about how evil it is to *gasp* utter the names of other games here.

I know that 99% of the people playing here can't leave because they have simply invested way too much money here to just log off and walk away like I did. After all the amount of money some folks spent on this particular game could buy a brand new medium sized sedan.

That doesn't mean I won't come in here and poke you with a stick once in a while.
    Being senile comes with age.

Don't be acting like "I didn't say the magic word", even if you turn the numbers of your age around, you'll still be too old for that kind of stuff. Seriously? "I didn't say it "exactly??".
    And I don't know about you, but I think you lost your priest circ along the way with your whole private server thing. Why would "Revolutions" possibly have anything to do with a private server?

I mean, apart of it being its title?

And no, you didn't post that link, but nobody said you did, you only insisted on understanding it that way.

As for the money grabbing scheme: different? Not much - would you say I've ever posted on these forums to claim that YNK / PLAYWITH did not grab money where they could? I think everyone that's around long enough will agree on at least this: I'm not one that will happily throw money at this kind of stuff.
    Difference is, they earn money on the backs of the players with a game they created (and messed up). You people earn money on the backs of said players, with a game you did not create nor have any actual rights to. The only reason because you're able to do so is to avoid certain regulations.

What do you want me to do? Give you a pat on the back? Award you some medal? Spread the word?

Create something of your own and I will.

Also: if you're neither French, Spanish, Aztec, or whatever else.. then don't try to act like one. Why wouldn't "Vive la" be anything even related to French?
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    I can't say what kinds of servers I am busy with. I can't even get into even fuzzy specifics without being accused of the 'A' word yet again.
    All I can say is that what the group of us is doing will be ... revolutionary.

Commoner
    You guys love to be so complicated.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I can't say what kinds of servers I am busy with. I can't even get into even fuzzy specifics without being accused of the 'A' word yet again.
    All I can say is that what the group of us is doing will be ... revolutionary.
    I honestly don't think that's the point.
    You do great stuff? Fine. Different than the others? Great.
    Will be lots of fun? Awesome.
    Won't be a money grabbing scheme? Even better.
    Will actually be serious this time without having internal conflicts, corruption and all that? What more does one want - really?

But I do not think it's at its place, right here.
    That aside, I think that positive campaigning brings more than negative campaigning (e.g.: post on here how bad this is and then add a link in order to say: but hey look on here, you can find it better!). People who are interested in a change, those people who already consider 'this here' to be as bad as you (plural) pertain it - do not need convincing and will find their way towards it by other means.

Those who are not by now, will hardly be convinced. Therefore, this thread is moot.

Edit: also, this thread is perpendicular in regards to Neophyte's previous posts.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 08-18-2014 at 04:43 PM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    I also notice that you didn't back any of your lies with real facts either.
    Point is, don't start arguing about grammar and claiming you're right when there are french people who are going to prove you're wrong.

I was only talking about grammar hence why I'd avise you either not to use Google Translate either not to say that "Vive le Revolutions" is the correct meaning. Because as I explained, by writing in that particular grammatical way you are talking about a private server.

If not, then your sentence has no meaning, neither is a word play.

Quote Originally Posted by lightsinthesky View Post
    I don't know how I feel about this, but...
    haha +1 most interesting thread for a while.............
    First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
    Finally they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

Banned
    For Eagle's sake I am using the words US and WE here rather than Me or I. Just so we are clear.

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinoArcalis View Post
    Point is, don't start arguing about grammar and claiming you're right when there are french people who are going to prove you're wrong.

I was only talking about grammar hence why I'd avise you either not to use Google Translate either not to say that "Vive le Revolutions" is the correct meaning. Because as I explained, by writing in that particular grammatical way you are talking about a private server.

If not, then your sentence has no meaning, neither is a word play.
    Again, who says it was French? Who gives a rat's ass if you are French? I don't. Did you consider it just might be a bastardization of Mexican and ENGLISH? OMIGERD!
    I'm not French. I'm not Spanish. I'm not Mexican. So if my French GRAMMAR is a little off well, EXCUUUUUUSSSSSE MEEEEEEE! Who cares except grammar nazis?

Don't like that. Tough.

That is not the issue - This is:

You and EaglePhoenix accused us of advertising a private server in these forums. I personally asked you both to prove that lie. Neither of you has. Nor do we see a retraction from either of you for spreading that blatant and unfounded LIE. You know what Libel is?

We are promoting a private server? OK What's its name and where is it? We sure as hell did not name it or place a link to it here.
    Did we tell anybody to quit playing here and join us? TBH This is the last place on earth we would advertise a private server for ANY game much less Rohan.

You guys are publicly making the accusations here I am personally demanding that YOU publicly prove otherwise NOW.

Have at it boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Mctwattybollox View Post
    haha +1 most interesting thread for a while.............
    Sorry it has been getting boring around here. Haven't popped in for a while so I gues it was time to shake the place up a bit
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 08-18-2014 at 05:34 PM.

didnt i get banned because they thought i ran a private server or something LOL

Sorry it has been getting boring around here. Haven't popped in for a while so I gues it was time to shake the place up a bit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk3sLHZzZRI
    Last edited by StateOfMind; 08-19-2014 at 02:14 AM.

you just went full retarded.....never go full retarded.

I dont really get why you guys really have to make up such a huge hassle just because of a clever pun...
    It was some simple word play and does acctually have nothing to do with advertising a rohan private server nor does it have anything to do with french grammar. You know, word plays do not always have to be totaly grammatically correct.
    Either way, jumping him just because of that doesnt make sense, neither does discussing about grammar.

However, this post was about the acctual iRohan facebook likes. They are freakin low, in contrast, what ish was referring to, ePvP does have way more traffic and most advertised private servers over there score more likes. Anyways, that still wasnt an advertisement, nor was PJ's post... I dont see any sentence which stats "Hey go to this and that private server".

Furthermore, stating that private servers just want to earn some money while shutting down after a month is simply false. Yes, there are some private servers which do that, but noone really plays them anymore. On the other site, there are real professional servers out there which acctually target proper changes, low prizes and overall balancement so people acctually enjoy the game again.
    Coming to another point most people acctually dont see, without those proper private servers there would have been lots of systems never acctually being released on this version. To say it clearly, PWi took ideas from private servers and implemented those over here. Tho, they've implemented those in failing ways. (Best example enhanceable bossdrops) Hell, pserver dev's acctually helped PWi to fix their game... Not even considering the fact of PWi having a proper fix for templars for YEARS already, they got them from a specific (no named) source but never implemented it since, yea, templars generate their income.

Furthermore, its not their game, they only licensed it from PWi korea. Even tho they are a child corp, they still dont own the intellectual property on it. PWi acctually only does have intellectual property on the source code of client and server. Thats aswell why pservers can be taken down by DCMA issues.
    However, rights on ideas or acctual content? Well, ideas are so generic, they dont own any right on those. Content (a.k.a graphics/sounds/etc), I acctually doubt the company owns any rights on them or could use them as reason for a sue. Such content is highly dependant on acctual artists and how they were acctually employed/the working contract they've signed.

The point is, they might have rights to host this game, but there is no reason why players should except PWi generating money on their backs. There is no reason to stay on a sinking ship. Rohan is like the costa concordia, if you get what i mean.
    However, thats aswell not an advertisement but just a fact. Its always hard to just turn your back on a game if you've spent money worth a luxus car on it.

Just may two cents, dont flame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast