+ Reply to Thread

win8 loader problems

since latest patch if u dont run the loader as an admin it will tell u already have a client open meaning it wont update, tyvm

Is there no way to get rid of UAC all together in win8?

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

there is, but thats not the issue
    the issue is when u try to launch the loader it will just tell u ur already running a client and as a result not launch the patcher aka loader. the only solution(turning off UAC or not) is to launch it as an admin

turning off uac is supposed to bypass the run as admin thing.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Did you disable by lowering the slider - or did you completely disable UAC by editing the regedit key file?

(regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System -> EnableLUA -> set value to 0)

This will disable all metro apps, until you reset the value back to 1.

If that doesn't do the trick, well guess right click - run as admin isn't that much of a work-around.

EP.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Alternatively - to have the metro apps running, you can follow the below instructions (not mine)

1. Open an explorer window and type in the following path: Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts
    2. Click on "Change User Account Control settings"
    3. Set it to "Never Notify"
    4. Press OK (don't restart if prompted to do so)

----------------

5. Press the Windows + R key at the same time
    6. Type: regedit
    7. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System
    8. Change "EnableLUA" from 1 to 0 (this step will temporarily disable metro apps)
    9. Restart your computer
    10. Download these registry files
    11. Run the InstallTakeOwnership.reg file
    12. Go to My computer
    13. Navigate to C:\
    14. Select all folders> right click> take ownership

----------------

15. When the aforementioned has been completed, right click on the "Windows" folder and select "properties"
    16. Security> Advance> Enable Inheritance
    17. Find where it says Owner (second line, below the "Name" section)> Change> Advanced> Find Now> Select your account> Press OK> Press OK again (in the "Share User or Group" Windows).
    18. On the "Advance Security Setting for Windows" pane, click Add> Select a Principal> Advanced> Find> Select your Username> OK> OK> Full control> Show Advance Permission> Applies to: This Folder, subfolders and files> OK> Apply> Yes> and Continue (select continue all the times it pops up)

----------------

19. Press the Windows + R key at the same time
    20. Type: regedit
    21. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System
    22. Change "EnableLUA" from 0 to 1 (this step will enable metro apps)
    23. Restart your computer

-----------------

24. Again navigate to C:\
    25. Again select all folders> right click> take ownership
    26. Finally, run RemoveTakeOwnership.reg file (you may skip this step if you wish)

Do take in account that I have not tried this and it's on your own responsibility to try this out - then again, I don't see the harm in it because if there's anything annoying .. it's UAC (well, and win8 in its whole ..but yeah.. oh, and bad grammar.. and..).

EP out (I swear I didn't double post - it just happened to be right after my previous one. Accidentally.)
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

i just turned uac off completely, but tbh its not a big deal, i just put it on here to inform people