+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey GMs!

Quote Originally Posted by emotep View Post
    Trust me i know there is a myriad of scammers in this game and a heads up is always welcome, however there are multiple ways to go about getting a point across without inadvertently coating it with toxicity. Personal responsibility is also a huge part of it, every time you make a conscious decision with no insurance it's open to disaster and not to sound like that guy , but it's probably better to never take the risk. There is good in everyone regardless of how much bad a person does. It feels like people will take good actions for granted, but never forget one bad one. None of us here can say we have never messed up and won't again without lying and just like crooks, murders ect at one time they never did it and there's a chance they will never do it again. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence =)
    I disagree, for plenty people the bad they do outweights the good by far, the terroristic attacks in europe for example are proof of this. From a poetic or idialistic point of view you might want to believe that humans are driven by kindness, love and compassion but in real life it's not all rainbows and unicorns. The drive for many people is their greed for power and all concepts (money, deception etc.) that helps gaining more of it(this might vary per individual but looking at the mass it's correct). The way people behave ingame is a reflection of their true nature (beside trolls and giggles), if they have no problem scamming people then their moral compass is pretty f*ked up.

''It feels like people will take good actions for granted, but never forget one bad one'' This is a psychological concept that's proven, it takes about 3 good actions to make up for one bad one(this is not EXACT ofcourse) this is concluding from B.F. Skinners research on behaviorism (pos/neg reinforcers). But in this case it's not just about reinforcers it's about literally stealing stuff which is, if encountered in real life something that could make you end up in jail, and you wonder why the ''negative'' things are remembered opposed to the good these people might do? Who gives a crap if a guy who stole stuff from someone after that helps out a noob with some friendly advice or some change, he did something fundamentally WRONG which you don't make up by just handing out a few gifts lmao.

It's funny how people seem to think that just because it's a game, the concepts are somehow just a game too. Those are real people playing, most of them payed real $ for the items they have. Scamming is also a real offense.

If you think the world and the people are all so ''good'', look back in history and see a bloody path that's been carved out crossing all borders and nations from the moment we rose as monkeys till the moment we will be gone in ashes. All to sathsify the unstoppable need for ''more''

That's enough ''serious'' stuff, I'm back into troll mode, do with it what you want

PS: I'm not a good person either, I'm rather mean when I want to and I like it.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Is it possible to get a Toxic tag in this thread so players that don't care can just avoid it?
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    I disagree, for plenty people the bad they do outweights the good by far, the terroristic attacks in europe for example are proof of this. From a poetic or idialistic point of view you might want to believe that humans are driven by kindness, love and compassion but in real life it's not all rainbows and unicorns. The drive for many people is their greed for power and all concepts (money, deception etc.) that helps gaining more of it(this might vary per individual but looking at the mass it's correct). The way people behave ingame is a reflection of their true nature (beside trolls and giggles), if they have no problem scamming people then their moral compass is pretty f*ked up.

''It feels like people will take good actions for granted, but never forget one bad one'' This is a psychological concept that's proven, it takes about 3 good actions to make up for one bad one(this is not EXACT ofcourse) this is concluding from B.F. Skinners research on behaviorism (pos/neg reinforcers). But in this case it's not just about reinforcers it's about literally stealing stuff which is, if encountered in real life something that could make you end up in jail, and you wonder why the ''negative'' things are remembered opposed to the good these people might do? Who gives a crap if a guy who stole stuff from someone after that helps out a noob with some friendly advice or some change, he did something fundamentally WRONG which you don't make up by just handing out a few gifts lmao.

It's funny how people seem to think that just because it's a game, the concepts are somehow just a game too. Those are real people playing, most of them payed real $ for the items they have. Scamming is also a real offense.

If you think the world and the people are all so ''good'', look back in history and see a bloody path that's been carved out crossing all borders and nations from the moment we rose as monkeys till the moment we will be gone in ashes. All to sathsify the unstoppable need for ''more''

That's enough ''serious'' stuff, I'm back into troll mode, do with it what you want

PS: I'm not a good person either, I'm rather mean when I want to and I like it.
    You lost me at rose as monkeys , but on to the other point. Killing does happen a lot of the time by bias agendas patriotism and a plethora of other sad excuses, but every human being has the potential to do or not do we aren't instinct driven animals nor monkeys or any relation to a beast. Survival of the fittest trumped by the paradox of confusion that is the human brain. Self sacrifice for complete strangers, unwarranted compassion at a loss and no gain, the ability to rationalize situations involving survival and being able to choose based on personal wants instead of a nature made path. to each his/her own tho, your beliefs whether or no u regard them as a fact based on evidence u find to be sufficient or not at the end of the day it's your choice and your life. We live in a world and we know it's not ideal , but there are ways we can address situations to make a better case of it and at the same time accept that everything is a factor and it all comes down to will or will not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxAurorAxXx View Post
    If I see someone being taken advantage of, Ill step up and say something. If I see someone being bullied for no reason, Ill step up. If I see or know of someone doing the wrong thing to someone, Ill stand up. ...
    Yep, truth there! She's even spanked me once or twice when I was having a meanie moment. Heh, would think getting spanked by Karren should be fun .... But that's OK.

Some of us <3 Karren even more for her compassion as well as for her salt. She has most of the time had more patience than me when dealing with ijits
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 04-11-2016 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    Yep, truth there! She's even spanked me once or twice when I was having a meanie moment. Heh, would think getting spanked by Karren should be fun .... But that's OK.

Some of us <3 Karren even more for her compassion as well as for her salt. She has most of the time had more patience than me when dealing with ijits
    Im not sure why, but i like u joe LOL

You lost me at rose as monkeys , but on to the other point. Killing does happen a lot of the time by bias agendas patriotism and a plethora of other sad excuses, but every human being has the potential to do or not do we aren't instinct driven animals nor monkeys or any relation to a beast. Survival of the fittest trumped by the paradox of confusion that is the human brain. Self sacrifice for complete strangers, unwarranted compassion at a loss and no gain, the ability to rationalize situations involving survival and being able to choose based on personal wants instead of a nature made path. to each his/her own tho, your beliefs whether or no u regard them as a fact based on evidence u find to be sufficient or not at the end of the day it's your choice and your life. We live in a world and we know it's not ideal , but there are ways we can address situations to make a better case of it and at the same time accept that everything is a factor and it all comes down to will or will not.
    ''You lost me at rose as monkeys'' #DarwinEvolutionTheory. To summarize what you said, you're saying everyone has their own will to do or not do things, we are not mere beasts but far evolved creatures capable of compassion and loving. Sure we are/have(althrough no we aren't just remembering some people at this forum LOLOLOL), but it's kinda sad that looking back at history and also the current status of things too many choose not to be so ''loving'' lmfao. It's cute you have such an idealistic view of things but that's not reality, if it was we'd all live in peace and harmony and cuddle kittys in our rosegardens. Even more so if it would all be this good, then why is there only drama on this forum, why are people getting scammed daily and why is the amount of salt you can find here higher than in an actual salt mine. Ye right because we all have something good in us, but hey, in this world, being good doesn't get you your 5 minutes of b1tches, fame and money which is what many seem to live for.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post

Getting spanked doesn't have to be bad huehuehue.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Im not sure why, but i like u joe LOL
    My dad is hero in the army and he will slap your dad around, he's also fireworker, surferer and soccerplayer - married to Miss Belgium, best Cosplayerur of BE and my bank account has a 5-digit amount on it.
    Basically, I'm in all ways far superior.

No, but seriously - some people never get past that stage and that just begs for a response in kind.
    I am happy to oblige since I'm stuck in there as well (you see, my bank account also has a 5-digit amount on it - although that speaks for itself).

There's never anything wrong with trying, if you can handle the consequences.
    And for that I don't have to like (or dislike) or agree with any of the parties - that's the point of speaking one's mind (it might just affect the ferocity - ahum).

Let me consult SecretHide.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 04-11-2016 at 08:13 AM. Reason: What's the definition of "trolling", again? Anyone? No? OK.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    My dad is hero in the army and he will slap your dad around, he's also fireworker, surferer and soccerplayer - married to Miss Belgium, best Cosplayerur of BE and my bank account has a 5-digit amount on it.
    Basically, I'm in all ways far superior.

No, but seriously - some people never get past that stage and that just begs for a response in kind.
    I am happy to oblige since I'm stuck in there as well (you see, my bank account also has a 5-digit amount on it - although that speaks for itself).

There's never anything wrong with trying, if you can handle the consequences.
    And for that I don't have to like (or dislike) or agree with any of the parties - that's the point of speaking one's mind (it might just affect the ferocity - ahum).

Let me consult SecretHide.
    ''Consult SecretHide''
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

''You lost me at rose as monkeys'' #DarwinEvolutionTheory. To summarize what you said, you're saying everyone has their own will to do or not do things, we are not mere beasts but far evolved creatures capable of compassion and loving. Sure we are/have(althrough no we aren't just remembering some people at this forum LOLOLOL), but it's kinda sad that looking back at history and also the current status of things too many choose not to be so ''loving'' lmfao. It's cute you have such an idealistic view of things but that's not reality, if it was we'd all live in peace and harmony and cuddle kittys in our rosegardens. Even more so if it would all be this good, then why is there only drama on this forum, why are people getting scammed daily and why is the amount of salt you can find here higher than in an actual salt mine. Ye right because we all have something good in us, but hey, in this world, being good doesn't get you your 5 minutes of b1tches, fame and money which is what many seem to live for.

Idealism may not be the word, but it could be . I refer to it as general acknowledgement not based on what people do, but what they could and could not. I am flawed and have a bad case of duality and have said things and thought things that would probably be considered border line hitler(although none of it was prejudice just extreme) but after a while i realized no matter how much i thought it made sense it wasn't right would never be right and i had no right to to do those things even if i was able. No amount of rationalization condones a lot of our actions no matter how much we think it does.

And there will never be an excuse good enough to justify what we do in the present. I don't believe in world peace the entire concept of it is far to unlikely in my mind. However I am just me I'm not special and I could be very wrong only time will tell =)

WTF is this thread about now???
    damn... who cares about these fkin philosophical sh1ts...
    Last edited by Franky1991; 04-11-2016 at 10:13 AM.
    FYI: pic showned isn't in PA
    xHELLDEVILx lvl 115 (+10) Dragon Knight
    Guild : looking for it
    "Born from Hell to incarnate your worst nightmares"