+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    This has nothing to do with avoiding "abuse".

At least not from a player's perspective..
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePhoenix View Post
    This has nothing to do with avoiding "abuse".

At least not from a player's perspective..
    From my perspective it seems like they are too damn lazy to fix their service or to handle the lock/unlock procedures to EM accounts which had restoration. Thus resorting to a for them more usefull matter to just make players delete their items and then only restoring items that were not bought with $. This does not even fully adress the issue of abuse because then it would mean that no items at all should be restored.

The main issue this ''solution'' adresses is that of stat infaltion and making people spend $ again to buy items they lost due to the use of ''PWI Services''. This is a REALLY low way of generating income and that's also the point that pisses me off most. Not even that I lost like 10k ecash, even tho I spend alot of time I never spend much money, knowing these #$%(* GMS would pull something like this some day. And in general because I'd rather go traveling than paying for stupid pixels.

I'm waiting for a reply from a GM (if there is even gonna be one) it will be something like: ''we had to do this to fix the abuse'' ''our team cannot currently fix the issue in the ways you proposed but we will look into it'' ''we will not give you, nor others your deleted items back because we have to reinforce our new policys''

''Thank you for your understand and cooperation, our sincerest apologies!''

Let me translate this message into what players understand from it: Hello valued player (NOT), You can go and eat dirt while we come up with another idea how to milk you guys till your udders bleed!
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

I wonder what abuse they are talking about. Rohanopoly was removed, event server Clashing Valley was removed, all current events give items straight to character's Event Inventory, account based seasonal events have become scarce and their (possible) prizes nerfed to the point they are worthless. What is there left to "abuse"?

Quote Originally Posted by brujohechizero View Post
    And forum campers insulting me because I was talking about the service -____-, I totally understand u, is ridiculous, paying real money and they dont restore -__-
    Maybe there's a restriction to that..? Many players wanted to restore items even if the its far away from the policies...
    Lost roaming around as Ghost
    "Don't take it as a reason,

take it as a compliment,"

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Luckily, I am one of those people who'll send a ticket before attempting to use the service - in order to receive a confirmation on what will or will not be restored.
    As such, I have a written consent to request a restoration after using the service. Of course, I did this before this new policy - but the idea was sound back then and is right now. No more surprises like that.

Eventually, one could argue they can still do whatever they want - but it's at least a little a more assurance.

You can also request a copy of full skill tree's and stat distribution of characters you wish to buy from the EM, for instance.. If I can, I always play on sure. Boring? Perhaps, but with games like these you want to keep an eye on that pocket..

As such, they have also now put it on paper that account sharing is in fact not allowed. Whereas the ToS 2008-2015 clearly states that accountsharing is done with the sole responsibility of the owner and that no restorations will be executed to those accounts if an "accounthack" takes place. The owner of the account is also responsible for the behaviour of the person they share their account with. In other words: accountsharing is allowed, only not advised. Which is a huge difference.

On the other hand, if they actually had to enforce that rule .. :')

A sole forumannouncement is not the way you change rules. People should be forced to accept (and thus be assumed to having read) the ToS uppon major changes - before one can log in to the game.

Edit: as per the new forumrules, every poster here is also eligible for at least a warning for crossing said rules.
    I feel like an elephant in a china shop..

The issue with having too many rules is that it becomes too hard to actually enforce them all without becoming ridiculous.
    Domino effect of this is that people don't care about these rules, since they are not being enforced anyway - and as such, will not respect any rule in place.
    Circles, you see. It's one of those idea's that sound good, until you put them on paper. Then they suddenly become silly if you read it back out loud.
    Last edited by EaglePhoenix; 01-16-2016 at 12:15 PM.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Players are not informed because they don't read the forum announcement or news and update section Anyway, I don't like the new restoration policy about cash items. I'm sure that there is always a better way to solve the abuse on restoration system, but this? No. This is total bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Baked12345 View Post
    Well as you can see... most of those cash items are consumable and those permanent stuff can be stored in other inventories. If I am right? lol

What is totaly wrong with it is that, when a player is not informed about it and deleted the items... they will have a big fight lol
    No, pretty much everything you buy from the item mall/game parlor/events can only be stored on your character, including permanent things like mounts, talismans, medals, ASES and so on. The only thing you can store away are fashion items and patterns. Also for consumables, I used to have 25x 30% melee scrolls, 25x 30% alm scroll, 25x 30% hp scrolls and some more 50% melee/hp scrolls lol. These are consumables but you can't store them anywhere nor use them all at once lol. I've had these items for a looong time saved up to use consecutively when I'd finally join a big guild an help them with war/pvp/TB/CV etc.

I could not use my ASES I had since I was doing a race change so they would be deleted, I could not use all my scrolls since I had way too many and all other items couldn't be stored anywhere else nor used at that time......
    Last edited by White Arctic Fox; 01-16-2016 at 04:40 PM.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Quote Originally Posted by aliencreature View Post
    Players are not informed because they don't read the forum announcement or news and update section Anyway, I don't like the new restoration policy about cash items. I'm sure that there is always a better way to solve the abuse on restoration system, but this? No. This is total bs.
    I read it but not thoroughly enough lel. It's complete bull**** that has nothing to do with actually solving the issue but rather with milking their players.
    Last edited by White Arctic Fox; 01-16-2016 at 04:41 PM.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Banned
    To be honest with you all I am not surprised at all that PWI does this.
    It falls right in line with the desperation mode tactics that I have been preaching about for the last couple years. I have not made a secret of my disdain for such business practices though I have been flamed repeatedly for those views.

This kind of thing is not acceptable by any player that has been faced with this, but then it is not the players that sets the conditions to play here so there is not a lot we can do about it if we still want to play this game legally.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 01-16-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bosshunt View Post
    I wonder what abuse they are talking about. Rohanopoly was removed, event server Clashing Valley was removed, all current events give items straight to character's Event Inventory, account based seasonal events have become scarce and their (possible) prizes nerfed to the point they are worthless. What is there left to "abuse"?
    Yea lmao they removed pretty much every way to get proper items (except for the 29th and 30th day login bonus which I haven't gotten so far because I'm not Always able to login every day lel). There are enough players with pages and pages of IM tho so they probably want to empty out old cashcows so they start paying $ again.

1. Rohanopoly (with proper items) - GM: it was removed because people abused it
    2. Event Server Clashing Valley - GM: it was removed because people abused it and all joined one side so they would win
    3. Login events/other lvl up events with good rewards - GM: We can't give you these events anymore, we will just give you events in which 1 player can win an upg weapon or 1 player gets bla bla and that's it. (those events are useless for 99% of the commnity)
    4. Ingame events hosted by GM's - GM: We removed all the good item for these events and made it absolutely useless for people to join these events because people abused it to join with alts and stack boost scrolls

5. restoration policy changes - GM: we will not restore cash items/items from the game parlor/items won in events anymore because we want you to buy new ones in our IM

6. Sockets in fashion
    7. sockets in onyx trans armour
    8. sockets in onyx trans weapons

Does anyone else see the similaritys in these things? Slowely but surely they make sure that every way to receive items for free (or use old items you got for free/payed for in the past) gets blocked and the only way left to get anything usefull is by paying $.

- Farming/grinding is useless
    - Joining events is useless
    - Farming bosses is impossible due to the strongest guilds farming them

There is one way to make money tho! You can win the lotto and get a feather worth 3-4k ecash. Gearing an endgame char with (semi) proper gear costs about 200-300k ecash. After this maintaining it with all the sockets, fashion sockets and scrolls and 7s ASES.....I have no clue, I never got that far lmao.

The only thing that's left for me is to RPK which I'll gladly do, preferably in lower with a 115+20 char
    Last edited by White Arctic Fox; 01-16-2016 at 04:58 PM.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast