+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I'm pretty sure at the end Atzigan was playing that game and had a endgame character. Hence why he understood game economy and why he did events that were really popular.

Why ban SamTony omgah

Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    Don't know who that is, but that's great! I always ask to have that stuff sent to me via PM, but they can always post it on the forums as well. I like to have the messages so that I have the information saved, and to be able to give credit where credit is due. You also bring up a very valid point, the struggle between satisfying the new player whilst also engaging the older player. There are so many issues with everything, that it's important to look at things from different perspectives, and why I constantly ask for input from you guys! I mean, it's really simple things.

1) Let's say I want to give away cool stuff to starting players to get into the game. Let's say hypothetically I gave out 400% Growth Seals to new players who make a character this week. What would happen? The players with 50+ accounts ( Yes, there really are people who do this), will just make 50 chars they will never play, to grab Growth Seals for themselves. So what do we do when we want to help the new people, but there are people actively trying to take advantage of situations where we WANT to be generous. What's the next option?

2) People complaining that the prizes in the GM events aren't very good. Well, we had them good, and what happened? I watched a PA where people from the same guild would kill everyone else, and then quit out so that their partner would win. So basically whatever guild gets the most people to the event, then gets a bunch of prizes that will never go towards benefiting our players (What I WANT to do when I give out fun stuff/prizes) but instead rot away in an Alt character's bank where the guy already has 25 stacks of the item just sitting there. What you think is a good solution to that?

I understand that my viewpoint is one that only sees things from the GM perspective of things, and with that knowledge comes the acceptance of the fact that I will need and want input from the people on the other side of the spectrum. I really just want to work together with you guys to come to solutions that keep the company profitable (At the end of the day, this IS a business), but the game fun and the players engaged. Thank you all for your input in those matters.
    Dude just read this and you will find out why this game became suck;
    1-First and best rohan times (99 patch),there is no hunter kit around and people had to make full party for lvl up and farm stuff also the drops were really worth,example 10 mil crone was like 700 rps cost,so in time everything get easier and easier so now nothing worth to farm this is enough to lose biggest population in game.
    2-Too much stuff added;Walter +7,Talisman,Absolute Set and etc. the problem here YNK give out some item like absolute set and some people get it with just 5k rps or around,than YNK remove it and prices goes up 100k rps or even noone sell it so this is one of biggest rohan problem,now the people who trying to start rohan cant catch up op players.
    3-So many time people hacked,duped,cheated and get away with that,this is one of main part makes legit players piss off.
    4-Gm's big mistakes forexample boosted rings at compentation event while it wasnt for boost rings,what was our fault for not letting gm boost our rings this is pathetic,now we need buy deluxe and armor stones for plus +18? which is not possible now.
    5-I can tell alot more but i stop here with this last,people need to spell thousand dollars for become strong in this game which is most young people cant worth and the population of online games %95 based on young people,sometimes math doesnt win,3-5 people charging 100k or 10000 people charging 1k this is what YNK never understand so i dont need to give advice after now,this game lost %80 population because of this things i wrote so how you can fix this,i dont blame you but you have hard job and i wish you and your staff goodluck karazy.
    Animality

Sold my absolute set 16k rps LOL. But tbh I remember I spent 150$ charged to get only one set.

Quote Originally Posted by YuMadBro View Post
    Dude just read this and you will find out why this game became suck;
    1-First and best rohan times (99 patch),there is no hunter kit around and people had to make full party for lvl up and farm stuff also the drops were really worth,example 10 mil crone was like 700 rps cost,so in time everything get easier and easier so now nothing worth to farm this is enough to lose biggest population in game.
    2-Too much stuff added;Walter +7,Talisman,Absolute Set and etc. the problem here YNK give out some item like absolute set and some people get it with just 5k rps or around,than YNK remove it and prices goes up 100k rps or even noone sell it so this is one of biggest rohan problem,now the people who trying to start rohan cant catch up op players.
    3-So many time people hacked,duped,cheated and get away with that,this is one of main part makes legit players piss off.
    4-Gm's big mistakes forexample boosted rings at compentation event while it wasnt for boost rings,what was our fault for not letting gm boost our rings this is pathetic,now we need buy deluxe and armor stones for plus +18? which is not possible now.
    5-I can tell alot more but i stop here with this last,people need to spell thousand dollars for become strong in this game which is most young people cant worth and the population of online games %95 based on young people,sometimes math doesnt win,3-5 people charging 100k or 10000 people charging 1k this is what YNK never understand so i dont need to give advice after now,this game lost %80 population because of this things i wrote so how you can fix this,i dont blame you but you have hard job and i wish you and your staff goodluck karazy.
    1. no hk = heaps of illigal botters and alot of afkers in partys that just leech honstly I don't mind the HK users. farming got useless due to the release of upgraded/epic weapons, not due to hk's. crone inflation came from phili servers and in general because this game has too many crones in it because it's been online for a looong time lol.
    2. I do agree with this partly, yes there are some rare items which new people are unable to get but releasing new stuff is part of the game and also part of PWI's business to keep making money. Releasing totally unbalanced OP stuff without feedback however is not part of this.
    3. yup I do agree, too many hackers/cheaters/dupers and only few get ever permanently banned.
    4. you whot m8?
    5. It's in general an almost impossible issue to rebalance rohan and fix everything that's wrong.....
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by Karazy1337 View Post
    Don't know who that is, but that's great! I always ask to have that stuff sent to me via PM, but they can always post it on the forums as well. I like to have the messages so that I have the information saved, and to be able to give credit where credit is due. You also bring up a very valid point, the struggle between satisfying the new player whilst also engaging the older player. There are so many issues with everything, that it's important to look at things from different perspectives, and why I constantly ask for input from you guys! I mean, it's really simple things.

1) Let's say I want to give away cool stuff to starting players to get into the game. Let's say hypothetically I gave out 400% Growth Seals to new players who make a character this week. What would happen? The players with 50+ accounts ( Yes, there really are people who do this), will just make 50 chars they will never play, to grab Growth Seals for themselves. So what do we do when we want to help the new people, but there are people actively trying to take advantage of situations where we WANT to be generous. What's the next option?

2) People complaining that the prizes in the GM events aren't very good. Well, we had them good, and what happened? I watched a PA where people from the same guild would kill everyone else, and then quit out so that their partner would win. So basically whatever guild gets the most people to the event, then gets a bunch of prizes that will never go towards benefiting our players (What I WANT to do when I give out fun stuff/prizes) but instead rot away in an Alt character's bank where the guy already has 25 stacks of the item just sitting there. What you think is a good solution to that?

I understand that my viewpoint is one that only sees things from the GM perspective of things, and with that knowledge comes the acceptance of the fact that I will need and want input from the people on the other side of the spectrum. I really just want to work together with you guys to come to solutions that keep the company profitable (At the end of the day, this IS a business), but the game fun and the players engaged. Thank you all for your input in those matters.
    1. put a 400% growth seal 30 day in every characters event inventory that is created between date - date. What does it matter of currently playing players make a new char to lvl it up with a 400% boost, it's a non tradeable, non sellable item that will only work for 30 days for that specific character. If they want to make 50 characters with that seal on it I don't see a problem. At least the lower lvl grinding spots will be occupied and more people will play (hopefully).

2. It's not the players fault for going massive guild vs. massive guild, rohan has Always been like that. The participation reward of 25x 20% alm scroll at for example LMS was really nice for any lvl and I often saw guildless people and lowbies join that event just for that reward, this should have been kept the same. Now some players (the ones in the big guilds) have like 500-1000 x 20% alm scrolls and every new player has 0, another 20% all stats boost they gain over a new player.......which is pretty bad if you ask me. You should've adressed the winner reward and keep the participation rewards the same, this would have honestly saved alot of trouble because there are soooo many complaints about the removal of 20% alm scrolls lol.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Actually it was a 30% alm scroll 25 stack but they changed the rewards. And that'd be a really nice buff to lowbies. A lot of players join this event because participation reward helps a lot to level, it has nothing to do with big guilds.

The winning award is another problem, but it has been always like this.

You should also bring better rewards on daily rewards ! I'd like to see one abradant or deluxe abradant as daily reward as well as 1k pet food (though that reward is tradeable) + one shiny stone (preferrably the HP/MP abs that helps a lot for newbies to make hp leech weapon).
    Last edited by arthurderohan; 12-01-2015 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurderohan View Post
    Actually it was a 30% alm scroll 25 stack but they changed the rewards. And that'd be a really nice buff to lowbies. A lot of players join this event because participation reward helps a lot to level, it has nothing to do with big guilds.

The winning award is another problem, but it has been always like this.

You should also bring better rewards on daily rewards ! I'd like to see one abradant or deluxe abradant as daily reward as well as 1k pet food (though that reward is tradeable) + one shiny stone (preferrably the HP/MP abs that helps a lot for newbies to make hp leech weapon).
    Good points daily rewards could improve indeed, 10% hp/mp abso stone would be awersome, maybe change the petfood to a 500 feed petfood and make it bound as well, as far as i know it's 20% alm scrolls man not 30%, I don't have any 30% alm scroll stacks and I joined quite some LMS events.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

Well then the rewards have been changed.

THat's one stack I had from LMS there is more than one year ago :P

And about the prices and about some decent rewards also for LMS (participants could get one scroll of solo or pt) :

3 bags full of.
    (49 rps each on fortune pouch event. \o/ )