+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Level difference for best drop

Hi!
    Anyone knows what is the average lvl difference for best items drop? I have lvl 30 and when i kill Enchanted Tonken(lvl40) there is no drop at all. What lvl should I be to get drop?

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I don't know if this is still the case - but I found it best to farm on white or, hence, even blue named mobs. Especially if you need some gear, before you level too far - these blue named mobs give the lowest exp gain, so you can farm enough of them before leveling.

Although, with these ridiculous low exp gains all over the board - it doesn't really matter, anyway.

Generally:

Farm = blue / white
    Level = orange / purple (if you can kill them fast enough = aka enough gear), unlike most think.. it's rather redundant to go fight purple named mobs if you take too long to kill them..

Grey = no drop, no crones, no exp

It could always just be that it won't drop due to the extremely low drop rates.. but you should get crones, at the least.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Thanks very much

Quote Originally Posted by samiks View Post
    Hi!
    Anyone knows what is the average lvl difference for best items drop? I have lvl 30 and when i kill Enchanted Tonken(lvl40) there is no drop at all. What lvl should I be to get drop?
    are u new on game? if so let me know who are u in game, I can gift u something.
    Vengeance is Always an Option

JustDark server jin (inactive- the most hated DK on server)

Musician, kickboxer,nurse,Bmet, comedian, Rotary International and a Liar..... any doubt? feel free to pm me

A mob will "drop" so long as you're not 10 levels or more, higher than the mob you're killing.
    So, if your killing Enchanted Tonkens which are level 40, so long as you are 49 or below, then you will get the drop.

If you are in a party then it works on average level. So a level 30 and a level 60 partying together, (average level (30+60)/2=45) you will still get the drop, no matter which of you kill the mob. Thats true even if the level 30 is sat at say, Etton Bind and the level 60 is killed Enchanted Tonkens at Orc Fortress.
    First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
    Finally they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Martin Niemöller

There is an Exp cap on the purple mobs you're killing. Well only if they are way too high ofc.
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RBNXD View Post
    There is an Exp cap on the purple mobs you're killing. Well only if they are way too high ofc.
    How high is that cap? And how can I know what lvl they actually are when it's not shown next to their name?

Quote Originally Posted by samiks View Post
    How high is that cap? And how can I know what lvl they actually are when it's not shown next to their name?
    I notice it's better to kill red named mobs than purple named ones xp wise at least thats what it seems to me. my lowbies are fairly well geared (4x feths +12, WM +7 etc.) so it's not the killtime that is the issue here.

For drops I'd say red/orange. I don't know how the system works that gives you drops but from my experience this is the best lvl difference to get the best rare drops (like ses dropped for me pretty much only in that lvl range, if mobs are white/blue they pretty much stop dropping). For armour parts and weapons you can just take white/blue ones, althrough farming might be slower due to losing mobs agression because you are not low enough to insta-lure them. if so, go for higher lvl ones.

You can't know the mobs lvl if they are purple, you can ask on the forum or players ingame. In general, just farm red/orange ones I'd say
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    I notice it's better to kill red named mobs than purple named ones xp wise at least thats what it seems to me. my lowbies are fairly well geared (4x feths +12, WM +7 etc.) so it's not the killtime that is the issue here.

For drops I'd say red/orange. I don't know how the system works that gives you drops but from my experience this is the best lvl difference to get the best rare drops (like ses dropped for me pretty much only in that lvl range, if mobs are white/blue they pretty much stop dropping). For armour parts and weapons you can just take white/blue ones, althrough farming might be slower due to losing mobs agression because you are not low enough to insta-lure them. if so, go for higher lvl ones.

You can't know the mobs lvl if they are purple, you can ask on the forum or players ingame. In general, just farm red/orange ones I'd say

Actually each lvl has a maximum xp per mob it can gain which is why its always best to kill the easiest purple mob you can find. I remember back in the ye-olde tempest days ppl tried to take their wrath of ohns and go to mangrove bind for the "maximum xp" but in reality they shoulda just went to r1 and worked their way up and down the hallway to gain the same xp.

This is why my unofficial guide to the fastest lvls no wrath of ohn is this: *note: ive even done this with priest*

Lvl 1-30: Ahkma cave find a room thats empty (and higher lvl than bloodsouls such as mummies) and pop hk come back in 10 mins.

Lvl 31-50: Back of r1 succubuses (not logging in to show you where 2 lazy)

Lvl 51-65: R3 mixed circle room red area (Again 2 lazy to login and point to it)

Lvl 66-89: Kalista map wind > barren hill *if mage go to vestiege* super important get those 5k hp scrolls stacked up!

Lvl 90-105: Upper gratt/ashkeenas blabla back to reality *or you can stick to kalista but xp is starting to normalize as you get close to their lvl 99*

Lvl 105-115: Time to go grind in treasurehouse or more ashkeenas or more uppers or maybe r5 if your rbnxd or these mirror dungeons stuff blabla follow the pack grinding past lvl 105 is not a solo game.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 01-08-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Actually each lvl has a maximum xp per mob it can gain which is why its always best to kill the easiest purple mob you can find. I remember back in the ye-olde tempest days ppl tried to take their wrath of ohns and go to mangrove bind for the "maximum xp" but in reality they shoulda just went to r1 and worked their way up and down the hallway to gain the same xp.

This is why my unofficial guide to the fastest lvls no wrath of ohn is this: *note: ive even done this with priest*

Lvl 1-30: Ahkma cave find a room thats empty (and higher lvl than bloodsouls such as mummies) and pop hk come back in 10 mins.

Lvl 31-50: Back of r1 succubuses (not logging in to show you where 2 lazy)

Lvl 51-65: R3 mixed circle room red area (Again 2 lazy to login and point to it)

Lvl 66-89: Kalista map wind > barren hill *if mage go to vestiege* super important get those 5k hp scrolls stacked up!

Lvl 90-105: Upper gratt/ashkeenas blabla back to reality *or you can stick to kalista but xp is starting to normalize as you get close to their lvl 99*

Lvl 105-115: Time to go grind in treasurehouse or more ashkeenas or more uppers or maybe r5 if your rbnxd or these mirror dungeons stuff blabla follow the pack grinding past lvl 105 is not a solo game.
    All of this and its not that hard to find said spots :P
    Just follow the clues
    LacieLane 135 Wizard
    Priestess 128 Priest

Quit!!!