+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uninstaller?

Uninstaller?

Hey everyone, i cannot find the uninstaller for Rohan...i looked in the folder, the control panel, and nothing came up. I wanna get rid of Rohan O:< , I even tried CCleaner, they all came up with nothing, theres a program called "GoUninstRBF" but nothing pops up when i execute the program. Some enlightenment would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Go to "Software" and delete it there, or well just delete it manually and run ccleaner etc afterwards to clean up the scraps leftover like empty shortcuts etc etc
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Rohan is incredibly difficult to uninstall. Sure you can unsintall using Eagle's recommendations. However Rohan has insisted on using GameGuard as a means to *snicker* prevent hacking. GameGuard is a rootkit in the way it hides itself in your system. Just like any rootkit it stands between your Internet applications and the internet (kinda sounds like malware doesn't it?). It is not completely uninstalled with the game no matter how hard you try.

I have a very large beef with YNKi for installing this software without my explicit consent (when installing I consent to YNK installing their software, not anyone else's) and not completely removing it on uninstall. I view this as criminal, yet they have not addressed this. You uninstall Rohan, the f**king rootkit they installed is still there.

Here is how to completely remove GameGuard out of your system:

http://www.brighthub.com/video-games...cles/1709.aspx

Note that I did not write the instructions there. Those instructions require you to make manual adjustments to your computer. If you don't know what you are doing when you try that and **** it up, you can bork your system. If you are comfortable removing drivers and updating your Windows registry, go for it. If not yell for your smart friend/relative to come over and do it for you.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 02-02-2012 at 03:27 AM.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    I resent every time i have to mingle with my registry. Have not yet had any major errors due to it, but the less you mingle with the less chances you've got to fk it up. Didn't know GG was such a pain in the ass tho

Oh and just as a side-sidenote: if you decide to delete GG, make sure you don't have any other games working with it might be obvious advise but one thing i learned on these forums is that obvious things never are too obvious lol or that your next game just doesn't install it again - kinda a waste of time and risking you fkn up your registry.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher