+ Reply to Thread

Got a problem here!

"The exception unknown software exception 0xc0000005 occurred in the application at location 0x0055bb73 " keeps appearing every time I start up the game, before I can even get to the login screen. Any way to solve this?

Banned
    Hello Mushroom! I am not aware of the said error. Have you tried reinstalling your client?

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    Sounds lik you need a clean re-install. Some files are corrupt. If it still happens, you might want to do a malware-scan
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Microsoft
    The error 0xC0000005 is generated by an illegal "memory access violation". This can be caused by anything from faulty RAM, an incorrect/corrupt device driver, poorly written/updated software and more commonly under Windows XP Service pack 2, malware/adware installations.

Usually you get this error message when performing a specific task, and if that happens you need to check the corresponding 3rd party's website/support department to see if they are aware of the problem
    If you run Windows, BSODs happen and this is the most common of them.

Most common reasons (look for them in the order I listed here):

1. outdated drivers for network, sound or display. The last 2 of these these can appear application specific so you might think they are program -related. (most likely)
    2. Bad program installation. (likely) Reinstall the program.
    3. program corrupted by a sudden computer stop (power off while a game client was running leaving corrupt files). (common) Reinstall the program.
    4. DirectX mismatch. Be sure you have DirectX 9c installed even if your video card and OS comes with higher levels. Rohan is written for DirectX 9c and needs to work with that rather than trying to translate to a newer level. (not so common, DX 10 & 11 is pretty compatible)
    5. Computer overclocked too high or improper overclocking. BSOD would appear at random and not always only recurring most with a particular game/program (unless you use that program almost exclusively). Not very likely since overclock systems is not very common
    6. Bad memory - this will cause random BSODs with the above error code. Same symptoms as (4).

Of them 1-4 are most likely
    5,6 are least likely.

Note: I am not putting spyware or malware here since that causing this type of issue in a particular application is very rare. Still it never hurts to do a thorough security scan and malware sweep though. These things can cause other issues such as lagging, thrashing and connection issues.
    Last edited by PenguinJoe; 01-24-2012 at 04:56 AM.