+ Reply to Thread

How well will my laptop run Rohan?

How much of a DIFFERENCE will it make in terms of running Rohan for the following specifics?:

Processor: Intel Core i7-2670QM
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    RAM/DDR3: 4GB
    Hard drive: 640GB, 5400 RPM
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
    vs.
    Processor: Intel Core i7-2670QM
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    RAM/DDR3: 6GB
    Hard drive: 750GB, 5400 RPM
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

The only difference is the RAM and hard drive, will they make any difference in terms of running game? If so, how much of a difference? Also, I'm probably going to end up getting the laptop with the first set of specifics, so will Rohan run well on that system? Thank you in advance! ;D

Your computer will be able to run 2 or 3 rohan clients at once.

Iceyy- Borderline retired rohan expert.
    TERA (USA): Ohaiyo @ Ascention Valley
    Need help? PM me

Lol, ShadowAce! Well, I guess that answers all of my questions.... At first, that the 4GB and 6GB difference worried me because Rohan is lagging quiet a bit on this laptop that I have right now which has 4GB. And this is the specifics for my current laptop:
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T6600
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    RAM/DDR3: 4GB
    Hard drive: 320GB, (forgot RPM speed, but I think it's also 5400RPM)
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce' 8200M G

>.<

Soldier
    You're lagging because of your Video card which is an onboard one (shared memory). Those laptops that you posted will run easly 3 clients at once.

If it doesn't overheat ofc. That's the main problem. Mine ran 3 clients perfectly til it nearly burned down xD

Soldier
    Well a cooler will help him out , indeed there is no laptop that can handle games without heat , true story.

Yeah fan and cooler is a must have.

I cracked mine up so badly that even with both on it overheated with 2 clients within 5 minutes, let's not talk about 3

Banned
    4GB on a 32-bit OS is a little tight for 3 Rohan clients but since you are using Win 7 64-bit you won't need to worry about your video card memory locking a chunk out of your application (normal) memory. You can use the whole 4gb for apps since device memory will be mapped above the 32-bit address space 'line'.

Drives are both slow (5640 rpm) so they will provide the same performance. Size doesn't matter in this case.

The quad core processor will handle up to 8 Hyperthreads. That is more than enough for Rohan, though the processor speed is a little on the low (this is coming from someone that normally runs his i7-2600K processor @ 4Ghz).

What will be your deciding factor I think is if your screen can match up with Rohan's available resolutions. There have been a bunch of folks that have less than 768 vertical resolution that can't run Rohan (minimum res for Rohan is 1024x768). Judging by the rest of your parts, I don't think this would be an issue for you. Either pick the Rohan resolution that is closest to your native screen resolution or run in Rohan's sucky window mode all the time (this is how I usually run due to multi-tasking needs).

I have 1gb radeon 57xx series, 4gb ram, 4 core amd, laptop 1 year old. I can run 3 clients, max res. Lags are only when I load other clients after first one is loaded. I checked temp of graphic card and it is about 6x celsius, so no overheating. Rohan does not require high end hardware to work nice.

I got a Dell one, had like 5 min while running 2 clients blue screens to "avoid hardware issues" or my display just went totally black. My lappy itself was really hot. Might be cause of Dell, not sure. It was hella annoying so or so.