+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

rohanclient.exe has disappeared from game files

The game was working fine when I logged out yesterday.
    Today I tried to log in and I get an error saying it can not find the rohanclient.exe file.
    I have rohan on two drives and on both that file has disappeared. How or where can I get that file without having to download the entire program?

Soldier
    Here?
    Whatchout you might have some problems with viruses , files don't disspear just like that.
    http://www.speedyshare.com/files/308...ohanclient.exe

Thanks for the file.
    I can't figure out what happened, I looked in the recycle bin and they were not there as would have been had they been simply deleted.
    I have played for off and on for years and never had this happen.

did ya drag and drop it somewhere else by mistake?
    :::: (\_(\
    *:: (= :) :*
    •... (,(”)(”)

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ ~ *
    Aibell - best worst priest on the server
    Risette - Random hobo dhan
    I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked, but here they come again to jack my style

Banned
    I can't play either there's no files at all, it's like I don't even have it installed.

i redownloaded and installed last night with no issues

Well ,I replaced the file with yours yesterday and all was fine, this morning I tried to start the game and the file was gone again.
    Any idea whats happening, I know I didn't move it or delete it and I haven't run any clean up programs and I have no virus as I ran two checkers and neither found any malware or virus.
    I am running win-xp 32, dual core intel, ATI video, 4mb memory

Banned
    You do realize sometimes an antivirus/anti-malware proggie will think rohan is a virus, right? Might want to check any quarantine areas of your antivirus system to see if it got stashed there.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
    You do realize sometimes an antivirus/anti-malware proggie will think rohan is a virus, right? Might want to check any quarantine areas of your antivirus system to see if it got stashed there.
    What PenguinJoe said is the most likely issue. What happens is that when you scan your computer, or your computer does an auto idle scan which is a feature some scanners have, it may be flagged as a potential harmful file and gets placed into quarantine by your security software. In order to avoid this you have to check your quarantine section as PenguinJoe stated and allow rohanclient.exe file as an "exception" which means the software will ignore the file since you have acknowledged it as safe.

I am happy to report that after the last maintanance the disappearing file has stopped.
    I don't know if it was coincidence or what ,but I am glad it stopped.

Oh and btw, I am using the same ones I have used for years, Avast and Norton, they have never removed a none intrusive file like this, they are set up to notify me before removing or deleting a file. However for safety sake I checked my quarintine just in case and it was not there.
    Anyway, as I said, after this last maintanance last night, it didn't lose the file when I logged on. So whatever was going on has been solved, at least for now, if I find any more info on it I'll post what I find, thnx all.
    Last edited by LeagalTender; 10-26-2011 at 05:17 PM.