+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Screen resolution problem ..please help!!!

Hi all

Ummm here is the problem...i have been playing on a laptop for the last 2 months....and now i switched to pc...i forgot the screen resolution that the laptop had..but my pc has 1024x768 ..the laptop had higher resolution ...and the character i used to play on the laptop is stuck on the resolution of the laptop...if i try to enter that toon from the pc...it tells me * out of range *.

I made a new char..and resolution fits the pc. ....but if i try to enter that older toon ...it wont let me...

I reinstalled the game....umm...searched in the game folder for some files that might help me but found nothing..

PLEASE HELP (

Someone please answer me any tip ....anything seriously ....

I can only play characters that i create now....i cant play the other ones...

I mean i enter the game ..i hear the sounds and etc...i can switch back to the character selection screen by alt + c but....i cant play....cant see anything ...just * OUT OF RANGE * .....

Delete all *.set files in Rohan main folder.

hope it works ty vm for the advice ...i will anounce soon if it worked or not

i did it...but still didnt work.....deleted all the .set files
    i entered the game...selected the toon...and same thing happened...i started to hear the sounds but on the screen i can just see * out of range *

Any other ideea ? pls...

Hi GrayFB. Resolution settings are client side. What this means is that your resolution setting will not carry over to other computers. Therefore, i'm guessing the issue you are experiencing is that the default resolution is causing you problems, or it is not a resolution related issue.

In the meantime you may want to try and run temporarily in 640x480 by right-clicking the rohanclient.exe, selecting Compatiblity tab and checking "Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution"

Once you are in game try to change the resolution to the native resolution of your desktop monitor. Then go back to the Compatiblity tab and uncheck the 640 x 480 option and load the game again.

Hopefully this resolves your problem.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    don't forget to (once you've set the resolution) to quit the game by alt-x and NOT by terminating it immediately by the X-button or alt-f4
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

Serf
    What did you do man?! I also got the same problem and I'm exhausted finding the solution for it ^_^

Why i cant put my original resolution before ''Rise of elements'' update, back to 1366x768 or 1360x768 my laptop is 15.6'' inch 16:9 HD LCD... Could anyone help?
    Royal member of Glorious ~ Don't be to Serious, now secretly in vain but next i'll show u who i am.