+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

[NEW] Patch Notes 10/10/23

Seal Online Server Maintenance

October 10th, 16:00 to 22:00 PDT

Dear Shiltzians...

In this post, you will be able to find news regarding events and content. Feel free to share your thoughts and insights to help us improve the game.

The following updates have been conducted during our Maintenance:

- Trick or Treat: Mummy's Creep (10/10 ~ 11/07) has kicked off! Make sure to gather friends to obtain Tricks, or test your power on regular fields for Treats. https://bit.ly/3QcQMAX

- The Golden Chest (10/10 ~ 11/07) has been updated! Check it out: https://bit.ly/3rMIBBS

- We want to remind everyone that the The Lucky Rascal Coin has been updated. To read more click here: bit.ly/3PsJZ4w

- The Level Jump Event (10/10 ~ 12/05) is back. Make sure to participate in creating a new character. https://bit.ly/3tshPz9

- A New Loading Screen has been set announcing the new system event. Enjoy!

- A Halloween-themed Background Music has been set at the game's lobby. Enjoy!

- Skill Ability & Pets and Battle Pets Event (10/10 ~ 11/07) has just begun. Check it out: https://bit.ly/3RQ1ezz

- Comeback Campaign Login Event (10/11 ~ 11/07) has just begun. Participate as Current or Returning User. Read More: https://bit.ly/3Qf1bvO

- The Newsboard has been updated containing the main changes within these Patch Notes.

- A Huge Brand New Content is about to land on the server. Check it out: https://bit.ly/3PowgvA

- We have updated our Restoration Policies. More Info: >>here<<

- Jurassic Expedition Adventures - 2nd Round has come to and end, and the PhD. Alan Jones is gone. As stated in the event rules, rewards will be supplied until October 13th.

- The Refine Event has come to an end: Players that accomplished to refine their [Event] Spring Popsicle shall receive their corresponding rewards.

- The Stone Dismantle X2 has come to an end. Therefore quantities and materials are back to normal.

- The Refine Boost +20% has come to an end. Therefore rates are back to normal.

- Fishing Speed x2 & Fishing EXP x3 has come to an end. Therefore rates are back to normal.

- The Monster Survival Event has come to an end. Therefore prices and entries are back to normal (1 entry per day).

- We'd like to communicate that [NPC]Highest Lvl Quest Manager quests have been modified. From now on, players will get fame points and and cegels (low chance) or only cegels (high chance) in any quest provided in a random way. This has been made in order to prevent this NPC from being further exploited and abused on its quest rewards.

- We'd like you all to notice the brand-new 'Guides & Tips' section in The Forum. Here, we will be posting every single update regarding new features, updates, and guides as soon as they reach the server: https://bit.ly/3Jk13rd

- Next regular maintenance: October, 24th.

[Fix] Fixed the issue that caused some Large Megaphones not to work correctly.

[Fix] Fixed the issue that caused [NPC] Beggar not to interact when clicking on it.

[Fix] Fixed the issue that caused Pink Bird pets not to be able to apply 2nd Options on them.

- Our next maintenance will take place on October, 24th: ITER CONTINENT

Remember that Seal Blessing will increase your gameplay benefits

Love Seal!
    Seal B.O.D. Team
    Last edited by Bl4zingGM; 10-11-2023 at 12:45 AM.
    The People's GM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpynoGM View Post
    - We'd like to communicate that [NPC]Highest Lvl Quest Manager quests have been modified. From now on, players will get fame points and and cegels (low chance) or only cegels (high chance) in any quest provided in a random way. This has been made in order to prevent this NPC from being further exploited and abused on its quest rewards.
    This is quite ridiculous,
    We understand that the issue at hand is the exploitation of the feature in the NPC Highest Quest Manager, but why is it that because of a small number of cheaters who abuse this feature, most innocent players are inconvenienced and lose access to enjoying the game's mechanics?

I'm not making empty complaints and am trying to contribute some thoughts that I think of (at least I'm TRYING TO THINK).

1. Improve your server's security; we, as ordinary people, don't understand how to do it, and if you as developers can't figure it out either, I can only laugh.
    2. Manual approach: Maintain the NPC with a dedicated person in charge who stands by on a schedule (office hour); if unusual activity is detected, terminate the activity! Outside of staff working hours, please disable the NPC feature (this may sound ridiculous, but it's a fair way for other players).

These are some thoughts that, in my opinion, are quite clear, and I kindly request you to reconsider the WELL-BEING OF YOUR PLAYERS.

Quote Originally Posted by SpynoGM View Post
    [CENTER]

Wow can't believe this is really happening, you seems love to push people away to quit or stop playing this game for real, what a joke.
    goodluck with these new change, make people hate GM team even more.

oh ya, my another comment has been deleted and i guess i will tell you once again in here.

please be well-managed on every maintenance.

Every post-maintenance notice such as events, game updates, etc. should be updated right after the server up (at the same time). Be professional, please.
    Gaps and delays between server up and event thingy are kinda annoying tho. small things, yet important (professionalism).

Quote Originally Posted by fermicarus View Post
    We understand that the issue at hand is the exploitation of the feature in the NPC Highest Quest Manager, but why is it that because of a small number of cheaters who abuse this feature, most innocent players are inconvenienced and lose access to enjoying the game's mechanics?

I'm not making empty complaints and am trying to contribute some thoughts that I think of (at least I'm TRYING TO THINK).

1. Improve your server's security; we, as ordinary people, don't understand how to do it, and if you as developers can't figure it out either, I can only laugh.
    2. Manual approach: Maintain the NPC with a dedicated person in charge who stands by on a schedule (office hour); if unusual activity is detected, terminate the activity! Outside of staff working hours, please disable the NPC feature (this may sound ridiculous, but it's a fair way for other players).

These are some thoughts that, in my opinion, are quite clear, and I kindly request you to reconsider the WELL-BEING OF YOUR PLAYERS.
    I agree, how can GM's can't figure it out those cheater

If it set like this, please make the quest easier to do.. according to roadmap there will be feature to lessen player fatigue by implementing one click submission.. thank you..

Quote Originally Posted by gtweddea View Post
    If it set like this, please make the quest easier to do.. according to roadmap there will be feature to lessen player fatigue by implementing one click submission.. thank you..
    Quote Originally Posted by fermicarus View Post

Hello There!

We deeply appreciate your enthusiasm and feedback on the Sevis Highest Lvl Quest Manager.
    Please, be informed that this NPC along with her quests will remain under constant monitoring.
    Plus, our GM Staff along with the DevTeam will keep on reviewing the proper functioning of the NPC's quests.

We'd like to bear in mind that the changes performed during the last maintenance were performed in order to prevent the quests from being abused. However, they are not definitive and will stay in evaluation to consider possible changes in upcoming maintenances.

Finally, we'd like to ask for your patience and comprehension on this matter as any change performed will be properly communicated through Patch Notes.

Seal B.O.D Team^^
    The People's GM.

Next maintenance ?? As always...........
    All hail gm bod
    maybe all of you should play from zero and think how hard to player get a fame without any "privilege"

I like to know about abuse on npc quest manager first.
    What benefit do player get from abusing it?
    The only thing I can think of is timing the quest. The quests rotates every 10 seconds, so you'll always get the quests you want if you have stopwatch beside you.
    If that was the abuse, it's just inefficiency from the system.
    Beside, it's not suppose to be about how long the player play in a day, but about how to keep them playing for longer term in time like years
    This will be like you win the battle, but you lose the war.

I feels like this has some connection with 200k fame for event and dummies.
    Before it's 200k, but you raised to 250k, now it's back to 200k.
    So now you monitor it from this npc.
    And if you really want to reduce dummies, you need to think along the line "how to stop getting new players"
    Those people are try-hard with extra effort to spare. Making a high standard to not let them have it, will make the other player suffer from it.
    Basically we're screwed either way.
    It's an irony that it's a mmo, but multiplayer is the problem.

Latest "unpopular move" to prevent dummies...GM team out of idea thus implemented this without considering the feelings of the majority innocent players!!
    You are making this game less and less popular...maybe time will tell..