+ Reply to Thread

Question Still worth playing in 2023?

Hi guys,

I've been thinking about returning to the game lately, since I always missed the vibe and the pace of playing Seal Online. However, I have not been able to find another game like Seal Online that fits me as well as this game.
    A bit background of where I left off..
    I quit when max level was still at 271, played as a Gunner main with some alts (Berserk, Apostle). Stone system was still very new, and I believe Sage v2 was still unavailable at the time.

So, my ultimate question... is this game still worth playing in 2023? Is it worth come back to? Hopefully, you guys can help in answering some of the points below in which I will use as my deciding factor in returning..
    1. Are there any benefits for returners over existing players, in terms of catching up or leveling up, perhaps?
    2. What's currently the max level? For a returning/ new player, how long does it usually take to reach that max level?
    3. Are there enough player for the game to feel 'alive' and suffice to do contents with randoms?
    4. How bad is the cheater situation?
    5. Is P2W still very prominent in this game? If so, how bad? Can F2P players enjoy the game and reasonably compete with P2W?
    6. How's the PVP scene? Regular guild wars?
    7. How's the International/ English-speaking players & community? or is it all Indonesian nowadays? (No offense, just purely asking). If there are international guilds, which would you guys recommend joining?
    8. What's the 'META' class these days? And how far is the disparity between classes?

I think there are some of the questions that will help me decide in returning. Will add in the replies if there are further questions.
    Would greatly appreciate it if you guys could help in answering these
    Thanks in advance, you guys!

Cool My opinion.

Hello there,

i would like to say welcome back. The game still up and kicking but has it's disadvantages.
    Here is my personal opinion for all your questions.

1. Are there any benefits for returners over existing players, in terms of catching up or leveling up, perhaps?

--As for the benefits, there are events of exp probably 2/3 times a month where they last a full week and sometimes weekends. Buying EXP boosters is easier than before, you could easily grab a few from a player vending in elim for a short price.

2. What's currently the max level? For a returning/ new player, how long does it usually take to reach that max level?

--The current level is 300 but there is an expansion with a new map coming up in which the gms are increasing the cap lvl to 310. i would say from 271 to 300 it takes around 27-30 days of auto hunting potions which allows new players that don't want to spend so much time hunting and lvling as before. The only down side to that is the bounding of the item which makes it impossible to get unless you spend the (Real CASH) for it.

3. Are there enough player for the game to feel 'alive' and suffice to do contents with randoms?

--Does the game feel alive? yeah definitely and will make content such as dungeon easy to do specially if you find a group to constantly do it every day at a specific time. The only downfall would be, the time difference between INDO players compared to US which is around 12 hours.

4. How bad is the cheater situation?

--Haven't seen any cheaters in a full year of playing.

5. Is P2W still very prominent in this game? If so, how bad? Can F2P players enjoy the game and reasonably compete with P2W?

-- Short answer YES. i am a P2W player and i could easily tell you that i'm MILES AWAY from anyone that is F2P. The only way i see F2P catching up is for someone that is involved and has the time to grind the hard way and even thought i see it very hard to catching the top guys in ranking.

6. How's the PVP scene? Regular guild wars?

-- PVP scene still active mainly on weekends. For guild wars I base this sorely depending on the few active guilds that still do wars this days. The majority would be pve guilds.

7. How's the International/ English-speaking players & community? or is it all Indonesian nowadays? (No offense, just purely asking). If there are international guilds, which would you guys recommend joining?

-- As for us the english origin speakers i would say there is a hand's full besides the GMS 0_0. Mainly Indonesians but i don't see it a problem since most of them speak English when addressed to. I am in NIVEA as a marquis and i love this guys.

8. What's the 'META' class these days? And how far is the disparity between classes?

-- META class is depends on your play style. i honestly love Assassin and Gambler. I see a lot of gunners for PVE.

i hope this answers all your questions.

Respectfully,

CaptMadMango.

Hello clericboy, that's right, very soon we will have new updates and we encourage you to join us in this new adventure, in addition to everything mentioned by L1v1D, who we appreciate for all his support to the community, you can always send us a ticket or write to us by our social media for any advice or questions you may have.
    We hope to see you again.
    GM Staff