+ Reply to Thread

Post Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime - Possible way to fix (IN PROGRESS)

When i install a fresh version of the game, i launch the launcher regularly and wait for it to update,
    after i press the "play" button, nothing happens and after about some soments i get the error shown in screenshot.
    while diving deep into old and new articles in the rohan forums so as in microsoft solutions, i have followed the advice there with no success.
    i work at it so i figured id follow simple steps of installing and reinstalling diffrent combinations of c++ red...
    also i have tryed to simulate the same c++ installations featured on the working computer with no success.
    i feel like i must say that i have all my drivers and system up to date.
    i have tried running in diffrent compatability modes with no success.
    await for your advice
    Last edited by SasoreGM; 03-24-2024 at 01:59 PM.

Hello Spynoder!

Regarding your problem, i will detail all the validations we need to make in order to help to solve this problem:

1) It is actually difficult to identify the exact cause with the information provided, try to send us the following information via ticket platform: Click here

System Specs:
    OS Version:
    Installation Date:

2) First of all, it is necessary that you run the File Check again in the launcher and check whether the same problem occurs after executing that option[/B].

* This process can take a few minutes.

3) If the problem is not solved in the step 2, it's time to check our Rohan folder. From the images i am sharing now, on the left side is the folder structure newly received and installed from the current Home Page (https://rev.playrohan.com/Download/GameClient) / On the right is the folder structure after the patching process:

---Left: Clean Install--- ---Right: After Patching---

---Left: 32 elements--- ---Right: 37 elements ---

First, check if when installing your new client, the folder structure appears as in the image on the left side.
    ㄴ If not, there might be a defect in the installation process, and the files were not properly extracted from ROHANEternalVengeance.exe, if this is the case, let us know.

Secondly, when you patch your client make sure to have all the complete files according to the previous image.
    ㄴ We recommend disabling for patching the Antivirus & Windows Defender Exploit Protection. Most of the players who had this problem fixed it with this step. Also if you have similar Internet Security Packages like BitDefender or MalwareBytes, make sure to turn it off too
    because it might delete or corrupt some files.

If the problem still persists after all the previous steps, make sure to send us ur installation folder (compressed) via ticket platform: Click here
    ㄴ We recommend using WeTransfer or GoFile.

⭐ Finally, we recommend to you join our Discord Server where you will find the most experienced players and the entire team of GMs, who will be willing to help you with this matter in detail: Click here

Best regards
    -R.O.H.A.N. Eternal Vengeance Team-
    Vengeance Never Ends
    Last edited by SasoreGM; 04-01-2024 at 06:43 PM.

I've been having the same error, haven't been able to play rohan in years. Gave it my best effort again but to no avail.

System specs: Intel i7 4790K, GTX 980, 16Gb RAM
    OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
    Installation date: Today

• Tried removing all Microsoft Redist packages and installing them again, then restarting my computer
    • Tried "repairing" all Redist packages
    • Tried installing "All in one Visual C++ Redist packages"
    • Tried to performing a "clean boot"
    • Tried adding folder to antivirus exceptions / allow list
    • Tried disabling antivirus altogether
    • Tried updating / completely re-installing graphics drivers
    • Tried updating windows
    • Tried all the steps I haven't already done that I found by googling this error
    • Did file check, files are matching (37 elements)

I eventually reformatted my whole operating system. I did a clean installation of Windows, graphics drivers, then a clean installation of the game, I'm still getting this same error.

I then did a clean install of all Microsoft Redist C++ packages, didn't work. I also went through the same things I did before, didn't work. I even tried installing C++ Redist packages one-by-one and trying to launch the game after each one, didn't work.

It seems there is no way to fix it except maybe going back to Windows 7 when it used to work? (which I'm not doing)

i have installed a third part program who control my graphic card for better perfomance...my third program was Armoury Crate....i just need it to update it...after update it works

Hello Rohanians!

I just received a notice from a player who solved the problem by connecting via LAN cable and turning off their antivirus during the patching process. We will continue to follow up on players who have this problem.

Best regards
    -R.O.H.A.N. Eternal Vengeance Team-
    Vengeance Never Ends
    Last edited by SasoreGM; 11-14-2023 at 08:47 PM.