+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    IGN : Mianbao
    Server : Duran

I've taken my liking to a new movie, premiered on November 2022 in Japan and March 2023 at my country, that is Suzume no Tojimari. The title was shorten into "Suzume" at my country. Suzume is an anime movie directed by Makoto Shinkai, a well-known movie director famous for his beautiful, also successful movies like Your Name (2016) and Weathering with You (2019).

Literal meaning for the title "Suzume no Tojimari" means 'Suzume's Locking Up'. Even though sounds kind of weird at first glance, but the title literally sums up the main story of the movie. The story tells us about 17 years-old high school girl Suzume Iwato who encounters a man on her way to school one morning. That pretty, and mysterious man asked if Suzume knows if there is any 'door' around here. Later on, Suzume catches up the mysterious man, going to an abandoned place with one literal 'door'.

That one door that out of curiousity she opened, leads into a peculiar place. At the time she opened it, encounter with many people, memories of her missing mother, and the existence of humanity on earth also unlatched.
    That's it for the story because i don't want to spoiler the entire movie to you guys~ I adore this movie because of the full of mysteries story and its beautiful graphics, also decent usage of Computer Graphics (CGs) inside of it.

With overall astonishing movie, Suzume has some flaws there and there, even though they aren't affecting the movie that much. One that i noticed is "plot holes". Some of the scenes that happened in the movie weren't explained that well, even weren't explained at all, so viewers might be wondering why those happened. I figured that it might be because of the screentime is not that long, so it won't be enough time to explain all of events happened in the movie. But as i said before, the movie itself is full of mysteries. That's why for me this plot holes doesn't particularly become a bother.

With all that being said,
    I gave Suzume no Tojimari 4 Golden Rascals !
    Worth your time and beautiful.

IGN: Craniectomy
    Server: Duran

My favorite movie is none other than Birdemic: Shock and Terror (2010)
    Now for better or worse this movie will change your life!

Birdemic is a movie about how we, as humans has destroyed so much of the environment that the birds become angry and attack cities.
    The movie begins with 3 and a half minutes of commute by (presumably) our main character.
    I promise you you wont miss anything this movie has to offer, you won't be left wondering what the characters did off-screen, cause they show everything. Traffic? Pumping gas? parking? you name it!

Visual
    This movie is visually unconventional to say the least, good shots were very rare, they didn't even color grade the scene, the camera was shaky at times
    Sound Design
    The sound varies from whispering to straight-out deafening.
    Acting
    The Interraction between characters feels awkward that you can almost feel it physically.
    Story
    The movie is about bird, but for the first half of the movie no bird was mentioned whatsoever. When the bird finally makes sudden appereance, there is no reason as of why they did what they did.
    Special Effect
    The CGI makes me nostalgic because they remind me of how Clippy the Word assistant used to look.
    Favorite Scene
    It is got to be when the protagonist group defends themselves from the bird attack with coats hanger while the CGI of the bird just hover on the screen motionless.

Overall i gave it 5/5 for so bad its good

IGN: Siniwy

My favorite film of all time right now is a brand new film that won a lot of awards including Oscar and Academy awards. Of course the movie that I'm talking about is "Everything Everywhere All At Once".

"Everything Everywhere All At Once" is a truly unique and inventive film that challenges the boundaries of what we expect from cinema. The film's stunning visuals, intricate plot, and dynamic characters all combine to create an immersive and captivating experience.

One of the standout elements of the movie is its use of parallel universes and multiple timelines. The story weaves together various realities and timelines, with Evelyn's journey spanning across different dimensions and timelines. This creates a sense of constant intrigue and surprise as the story unfolds, with each new twist and turn adding to the overall complexity and depth of the narrative.

The film also offers a powerful meditation on the nature of identity and the ways in which our personal experiences shape who we are. As Evelyn navigates the various dimensions and timelines, she is forced to confront different versions of herself, each with their own unique struggles and triumphs. This exploration of identity is handled with a deft touch, adding a layer of emotional depth to the film's already complex story.

Overall, "Everything Everywhere All At Once" is a must-see for fans of inventive, mind-bending cinema. The film is a masterclass in storytelling and world-building, offering a truly unique and unforgettable viewing experience. It also has a fair share of unique and well choreographed action scenes and funny moments which are extremely enjoyable. This movie is truly a 5/5 Golden rascals. It deserves all the awards and recognition it receives.

IGN: Reichheart

To celebrate Shiltz Academy Awards, I'd like to participate by briefly discuss about one of my all-time favorite movie - The Dark Knight.

Out of every Batman movie, I think The Dark Knight is the best. The plot feels engaging, and the characters are well-acted. Every scene feels alive. The interactions are intriguing. In this movie, the conflict of ideals between Batman and Joker is the key to the story. The delivery of each dialogue from both characters is superb, and we got to experience the consequences of each character's actions; it is truly a great movie with lots of great lessons to learn. The realistic action scenes and the character arcs makes it even better. To me, this movie is a complete package.

From the acting standpoint, the actors did an amazing job. Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker is still renowned as a legendary performance, marking this movie to be an icon worldwide. R.I.P Heath Ledger.

While I understand that the movie got mixed reactions and reviews, I personally loved this movie. It has everything I ever wanted and more. With all the iconic scenes, memes, and pop culture references revolving this movie, it is clear that The Dark Knight is up there with the classics like Pulp Fiction and The Wolf of Wall Street. To conclude, The Dark Knight is a masterpiece of a movie.

And the Golden Rascal goes to...

Ladies and Gentleman,

It's been a pleasure as Judges over Judges evaluating each one of your nominations to achieve the glory and reach a Golden Rascal on its respective categories...
    Please, meet the Golden Rascal Winners from this quite memorable ceremony:

Best Film-Review:
    Film: Whiplash
    IGN : Destromath

Most Iconic Scene:
    Film: Everything Everywhere All At Once
    IGN: Siniwy

Best Storyteller:
    Film: Suzume no Tojimari
    IGN : Mianbao

Thank you all for attending Shiltz Academy awards by being the judges.
    All Ceremony Attendant Rewards have flown away.

Cut, Seal!
    Seal B.O.D Team
    The People's GM.