+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

[Community Event] Shiltz Academy Awards!

Greetings, Shiltzians!

A special time in the year has arrived, and we’re thrilled to celebrate it with you.
    In this event, you will share your impressions, insights, and even critics about your all-time favorite movie.

How to participate:
    Name your all-time favorite movie, the story behind it and why you most like it.
    Also, make a critique: What part did you find flawfull and why.
    Attach a screenshot, GIF, or shortcut a memorable scene.
    YOU ARE THE JUDGE: Give your selected film a score between 1 and 5 Golden Rascals(1 being the lowest, and 5 being the highest).

As Judges over Judges (JoJ), we will evaluate your accuracy, level of detail, clarity, and most importantly, congruence.

Shiltz Academy Awards:
    ��️ Best Film-Review: 1x Movie Star Costume + 1x Shiltzian Projector's Ride Box [30 Days] + 20 Golden Chest Keys
    ��️ Most Iconic Scene: 1x Iron Rascal Costume + Harley David Guarder Box (30 days) + 15 Lucky Rascal Coins
    ��️ Best Storyteller: 1x Minion Glasses.XG + Bell Guru Guarder Box (30 days) + 10 Rascal Rabbit Balloon

Ceremony Attendants (All Participants):
    ��️ 3x Hyper Rascal Rabbit's Gold Lucky Pouch (1 day)
    ��️ 20x Picture Firecracker

Rules
    ��️ The event goes from March 6th — March 23th.
    ��️ Rewards shall be delivered on 26th.
    ��️ Triple Rewards Campaign only applies to Ceremony Attendants

Love Seal!
    Seal B.OD Team^^

The People's GM.

Seal Online this my ticket #403857 but i still didnt get my reward
    Where my 30 gck hehe

One of my favorite movies is Oldboy (2003), a gripping, authentic, and well-crafted movie. The staging, the music, the characters, and at the latest from the last half hour until the credits roll, my mouth just stays open. Everything just meshes together, which gave me the feeling relatively early on in the film that I was watching a very special movie that you can't compare to other films. It simply conveys a unique atmosphere, beyond the majestic story.

The first time I saw it, I wasn't blown away, just kind of like whatever. When I watched it for the second time, however, I really started to notice how well it's made, in addition to liking it more. Every shot is bursting with background detail, and a great amount of attention is on the production design (the theme of a certain color in a scene was restrained, yet perfectly balanced). The actors really gave it all, especially the 2 male leads who really blew me away. The music is a varied mix of beautiful classical music and some pretty cool techno. The screenplay is brilliant; the characters are developed very well, and extremely complex, and the plot is not only ingenious but the payoff and twists are 1000x better than any Shyamalan movie.

The basic story is that a man named Oh Dae-Su is kidnapped and held captive for 18 years and then released. He has no idea who or why this is being done to him. While in captivity he readies himself for the day when he gets out and takes revenge on those who imprisoned him and to find out why he was imprisoned.

My critique is how this movie normalizes rape, which is very very dangerous if the film was made or watched nowadays.

This movie easily gets 5 golden rascals

my favorite movie is batman 2022
    the first time i watched was very amazed
    superhero-themed films but present many tactical mysteries and are close to realistic life, namely about inhuman crimes against humanity
    Sadly, this film didn't make it to the Oscars this year
    My criticism for this film is that there are still some parts that are missed and not very good in some of the execution, especially in the scenes and filmography
    Last edited by anesmelon; 03-15-2023 at 02:39 AM. Reason: edit image url

Quote Originally Posted by artemisgg View Post
    One of my favorite movies is Oldboy (2003), a gripping, authentic, and well-crafted movie. The staging, the music, the characters, and at the latest from the last half hour until the credits roll, my mouth just stays open. Everything just meshes together, which gave me the feeling relatively early on in the film that I was watching a very special movie that you can't compare to other films. It simply conveys a unique atmosphere, beyond the majestic story.

The first time I saw it, I wasn't blown away, just kind of like whatever. When I watched it for the second time, however, I really started to notice how well it's made, in addition to liking it more. Every shot is bursting with background detail, and a great amount of attention is on the production design (the theme of a certain color in a scene was restrained, yet perfectly balanced). The actors really gave it all, especially the 2 male leads who really blew me away. The music is a varied mix of beautiful classical music and some pretty cool techno. The screenplay is brilliant; the characters are developed very well, and extremely complex, and the plot is not only ingenious but the payoff and twists are 1000x better than any Shyamalan movie.

The basic story is that a man named Oh Dae-Su is kidnapped and held captive for 18 years and then released. He has no idea who or why this is being done to him. While in captivity he readies himself for the day when he gets out and takes revenge on those who imprisoned him and to find out why he was imprisoned.

My critique is how this movie normalizes rape, which is very very dangerous if the film was made or watched nowadays.

This movie easily gets 5 golden rascals

Quote Originally Posted by anesmelon View Post
    my favorite movie is batman 2022
    the first time i watched was very amazed
    superhero-themed films but present many tactical mysteries and are close to realistic life, namely about inhuman crimes against humanity
    Sadly, this film didn't make it to the Oscars this year
    My criticism for this film is that there are still some parts that are missed and not very good in some of the execution, especially in the scenes and filmography

Both are great analyses!

Please, don't forget to attach your IGN & Server
    The People's GM.

IGN Xylrna
    Server : Duran

[IMG]https://imgur.io/gallery/ijQR1qk[/IMG]I love detective conan MOVIE !!!!

It was from anime series it was about Sinichi Kudo Famous High school detective who was drugged and became a kid from following secret / criminal group and we know as Edogawa Conan.

I loved the movie since there was shown Kaito Kid who famous as Legendary Thief / Gentleman Thief in another series

They look alike almost thinking they were sibling !!

the film is full of thrilling action, it is highly recommended to enjoy it and there so many movie it was best movie ever !!!
    Last edited by stillmore; 03-15-2023 at 08:23 PM.

IGN : Mitsuhika

"Pan's Labyrinth" is widely regarded as a masterpiece of dark fantasy and a powerful exploration of the human psyche in times of war and oppression.

Viewers may find the movie's ambiguous ending unsatisfying, as it leaves many questions unanswered and the fate of certain characters unclear. However, others see the open-ended nature of the ending as a deliberate artistic choice that allows the audience to draw their own conclusions about the nature of reality and imagination in the movie.

The movie is that it can be seen as overly violent and disturbing, particularly in its portrayal of the fascist Captain Vidal and his brutal treatment of the rebels and his own family. Some viewers may find the graphic violence and gore in the movie difficult to watch or excessive. Also the movie's fantasy elements can sometimes feel disconnected from the harsh realities of the real world setting. While the fantastical world of the labyrinth is beautifully realized and deeply imaginative, some critics argue that it can be difficult to reconcile the fantastical elements with the stark realities of war and oppression depicted in the rest of the film.

https://giphy.com/explore/pans-labyrinth

IGN : Destromath

One of my favorite movie all the time would be Whiplash.
    WHIPLASH presents a decent, yet violent argument that exalts the student and polarizes the discipline. This is a story where the teacher simply becomes the tool to the artist's journey to becoming what he really is. Or may be not. At some point, the teacher becomes a separate entity in the learning experience. At some point, the teacher has ambitions of his own, far detached from what his own learners think and dream. At some point, the teacher finds his learners as his competitors in the race to greatness.

It's an absurd tragedy, though still arguably triumphant on its own.

What WHIPLASH argues is that beyond learning lies a greater and more painful path to ambition, and to get there, one does not need anyone but himself. It is a story that challenges the collaborative norm in education. It is an anti-social thesis on refinement and discipline, yet it is still something worth looking into. It does not give you that moral lesson that you are waiting for. Amidst the loud, energetic sounds of Andrew's sweaty, bloody, jazz drum set, it whispers to you that the road to glory is made of brimstones from hell.
    J.K Simmons performance was outstanding and out of this world.

I personally give this masterpiece a solid 5 out of 5

bonus gif
    Last edited by lamelslim666; 03-26-2023 at 06:13 PM.

Let's make a review about a movie that I liked during end of my childhood.

Night at the museum.

"A newly recruited night security guard at the Museum of Natural History discovers that an ancient curse causes the animals and exhibits on display to come to life and wreak havoc." - IMDB

It has a completely different atmosphere compared to the other common comedic movies. People tend to use slap sticking joke for their movie. However, this movie has the whole museum to made as a comedic area. If you are the fan of museum themed shows, then this will be my top list from my recommendation.

Pros
    1. Completely timeless in terms of comedy
    2. It's completely different compared to other comedic show whereas they're the first movie that uses Museum as the comedy site.

Cons
    1. The Villain is pretty cheesy, not worth to mention.

9.5/10 for this movie. Definitely can never stop watching it!!

IGN: Tehopenk
    Server: Duran

IGN : Zuqalclown

My favorite movies is Zombieland.

Zombieland is a horror-comedy movie that features a post-apocalyptic world infested with zombies. The movie explores several themes and concepts, including survival, camaraderie, human nature, and the impact of societal breakdown.

Another significant theme in the movie is the breakdown of society and the impact it has on human nature. The film portrays a world where there are no rules or laws, and it is every man for himself. The characters encounter several types of survivors, including violent bandits, religious cultists, and paranoid survivalists, who illustrate the different ways people react to societal collapse. The movie also explores the psychological toll that the apocalypse has on the characters, with Columbus struggling with anxiety and Tallahassee mourning the loss of his family.

The movie also uses humor as a coping mechanism for the characters and as a way to lighten the dark and bleak tone of the movie. The movie employs slapstick humor, witty one-liners, and pop culture references to add levity to the otherwise gruesome and terrifying zombie scenes.

There are many funny stories behind the making of Zombieland Here are a few:

1. Woody Harrelson's dislike of Twinkies: In the film, Woody Harrelson's character Tallahassee is obsessed with finding a Twinkie, but in real life, Harrelson doesn't actually like them. He reportedly had to eat 40 Twinkies during filming and was not thrilled about it.
    2. Emma Stone's fake puking: In one scene, Emma Stone's character Wichita pretends to throw up to distract some zombies. Stone's reaction was so convincing that it made some of the crew members actually start to feel nauseous.
    3. Bill Murray's cameo: Bill Murray appears in the film as himself, pretending to be a zombie to avoid being attacked. Murray's appearance was kept a secret during filming, and the other actors were genuinely surprised when he showed up on set.
    4. Jesse Eisenberg's injury: During the scene where the group is running through a theme park, Jesse Eisenberg (who plays Columbus) injured his knee and had to be taken to the hospital. Despite the injury, he returned to set the next day and continued filming.

Overall, the cast and crew had a great time making "Zombieland" and their enjoyment of the process shines through in the final product.

Then for the result, i've given 4 Golden Rascals for this movie.
    Cheers, Love SEAL ^^