+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    did you try redownload and reinstal? without running virus scan then as that might have made a conflict.
    Other than that, you still didn't post a log. It's not really the game that is wrong, it's obviously on your side of the pc.

Take some anger management, lolz.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

This is whats running on my computer, however after taking these i removed AVG and installed a new virus program called avast, i added the whole rohan file to the exception list... Yet im still getting kicked for the same god damn error.

Belgium - In the sky, looking down upon you.
    AVGIDSAGENT
    AVG WatchDg

Distributed Link Tracking Client: (unless you're running on NTFS - but even then)

Security Center <- might be the problem

Those are all redundant and can be switched off, imho

Windows Firewall <- it's still up. You've got to turn it off. Like completely.

You've got a lot of backup programs involving your network/ DNS/DHcP/ base filtering engine and stuff running - i'm not quite sure if those are all necessary and what exactly they do to your pc. It's too late for me to go search them all up on the net so will skip that for today.

Did you turn off UAC as well? Try also running as administrator.
    Keep your friends close - your farmers closer
    Leveling slow - to give you a headstart

BlazingSun | Sushi | Mischievous
    Gasten die ik droeg en zich nu niet gedragen voor hen werd liefde gekoesterd maar is nu diep begraven
    Bladzijde zoveel omgeslaan, de strepen die ik verdiend heb heb ik veel opgestaan
    En voor ik ga slapen stel ik u voor aan mijn normen en waarden
    Peasant | Farmer | Rancher

I do a lot of online banking on this computer, i will not be turning my firewalls or anti-virus off whilst playing this game, infact i've already tried that.

To be honest why in the hell is it that this is the only game that causes me s**t...

Thanks again for assisting, appreciate it.

But ill give it ago

Distributed Link Tracking Client: (unless you're running on NTFS - but even then)

Security Center <- might be the problem

Some antivirus programs will think gameguard is a trojan due to its properties as a program. Ignoring gameguard while installing is why this didn't work. When you try to disable the gameguard file during the installation process, not all of the files will be downloaded/installed, and GG is set up to disable your game client if only parts of its necessary files are there in order to prevent potential break-ins.

Basically, re-install the game and this time let gameguard run by not disabling it while the game is installing (the fact it says the game file or GG is a trojan is a lie, there used to be a thread on the old forums about this exact problem, and no one's gotten a trojan. It's just GG trying to be sneaky at getting onto your computer so people don't block it).

A lot of games don't use gameguard, and for those that do, it depends on the version and how gameguard is patched for each game. With a proper installation from only the exclusive sites featured on the playrohan.com website, you should be fine and will no longer have this issue.

Additionally, it's near impossible to be hacked while playing the game alone (Virtually impossible unless you're on a non-secure network which should be the main concern, and even more unlikely if YNK's servers get hacked, in which case EVERYONE and the game gets ****ed), and you can't obtain any spyware etc. while playing unless meanwhile you also browse other websites that MAY cause the download of potentially malicious files. As long as you re-enable your antivirus upon exiting the game, you can rest assured that your PC is fine from hijacking unless you've already downloaded a trojan/rootkit/spyware combo and it decides to strike while playing the game IF you also have live protection that is constantly updating. Obviously, if you had already downloaded a trojan anyways, if it hasn't been detected at that point, you were probably going to get hacked regardless.

The thing about gameguard is that it tries to act like a trojan in that it doesn't want antivirus programs to recognize it running in the background while preventing some programs from working, as this would cause antivirus programs to zap it almost instantly. If not installed correctly, or it's not verified by your antivirus as being a clean program, then it will get blocked, and therefore because gameguard is connected to your rohan client, when it goes down, the rohan client goes down shorty afterwards to prevent someone from hacking. This is why you have to let your antivirus program know from the getgo that GG is safe to run.
    Last edited by TheHellHunter; 07-23-2011 at 08:31 PM.

~┤HellHunter - Ranger (Jin)├~
    ~┤Mystery Character surpassing HH (Jin)├~
    Quote Originally Posted by kiosk05 View Post
    Having me around is exciting! It's pretty much the most fun you can have with your clothes on. =p
    Have a problem? Look no further
    READ THIS NOW FOR ACCOUNT SECURITY

Sadly I'm getting this too, I've disabled my Virus detector, firewall, pretty much everything running in the background, tried the re-installing advice etc etc, no luck, 6-10 mins in the game I then get booted out with the exact issue agent11 showed.

I don't get why It does this and it's very annoying, the 30 minutes I managed to play gave me a good impression of the game apart from the kicks.

yes the 1st 30 minutes of the game was great no disconnects... But nothing has helped me so far

If you're doing as I stated then honestly I have no idea.

Where are the both of you downloading the client from? Maybe there's an error with that download.

Having me around is exciting! It's pretty much the most fun you can have with your clothes on. =p

Banned
    Hi Agent11.

I see you are running Trusteer Rapport Management Service on your system. Please look at the following (from Trusteer's site):

Rapport is a lightweight security software solution that protects web communication between enterprises, such as banks, and their customers and employees.

Rapport implements a completely new approach to protecting customers and employees. By locking down customer browsers and creating a tunnel for safe communication with the online website, Rapport prevents Man-in-the-Browser malware and Man-in-the-Middle attacks. Rapport also prevents phishing via website authentication to ensure that account credentials are passed to genuine sources only.

Rapport’s unique technology blocks advanced Trojans including Zeus, Silon, Torpig and Yaludle without the need to constantly update and chase the different variants of these Trojans. Its proprietary browser lockdown technology simply prevents unauthorized access to information that flows between customer and employee websites regardless of whether these attempts were generated by new or known Trojan variants. Rapport is also capable of preventing very targeted and under the radar phishing attacks.

Enterprises such as banks can easily configure the system to protect customers and employees and begin offering them Rapport software for quick download from their website. Following a simple one time installation process, Rapport begins securing browsers, works in the background and does not call for a change in user behavior – customers and employees can bank and use the internet as usual – thus enabling fast adoption. Rapport comes with a rich management application that enables enterprises to effectively trigger alerts, view and analyze data as well as manage security.

Rapport is focused on preventing online fraud committed by financial malware and differs from Anti-Virus and Firewalls because it:

Locks down access to financial and private data instead of looking for malware signatures
    Communicates with your online banking website to provide feedback on security level and report unauthorized access attempts
    Allows for immediate action to be taken against changes in threat
    GameGuard is a particularly nasty piece of code that (supposedly) protects the YNK servers from people using hacks. Hacks are done by inserting internet packet manipulating programs into the data stream between the game client and its server. GameGuard will aggressively search your system for things it does not see as "Kosher" in your TCP stack. GameGuard does not play nice with other programs that monitor your IP communications. If it cannot terminate what it considers an offending program itself, it will crap out as you have seen.

The thing is this: If you want to play this game, you have to accept the rootkit aka GameGuard as well. Rohan will not run without it and GameGuard will not let Rohan run with programs it considers suspect. And it is very aggressive to this end.

If you look at what Trusteer has to say about their software, you will realize this is exactly the kind of software that will push GameGuard's buttons.

I have raised this GG issue with YNK in the past and anything I have said on the matter was ignored. As you use your computer for things other than playing games, I can suggest only the following courses of action for you:

1. Don't use that system to play Rohan. Easy for me to say because I have 6 other computers in my room to use. Others are not so bless in the hardware department.

2. Don't play games that us these rootkits (and I do classify GameGuard as a rootkit because it is DAMN difficult to uninstall and real Internet Security applications consider it a threat).

3. (Not sure if this will work) Get a VMWare license and make a 32-bit Windows XP image in it. Inside that VM, install Rohan. This will give you a 'sandbox' where you can game without having to worry about setting off Gameguard or Trusteer alarms.

I wish I could give you a "Happy all fixed" answer for this one, but... I can't.

Like a freaking boss, every time.