+ Reply to Thread

Usage of VPN ingame - this needs to be discussed

Recently there has been issues of players getting suspended or banned directly without any proper explanation from the ingame GM team. Now I cant say for everyone whether they actually used anything fishy, but from the ones that I can actually vouch for, all leads to one similarity : the use of VPNs

Now is this an issue? For most players yes. For a north american based server probably 80% of your player demographic is Asian. So yes they all require a vpn connection to get better connection quality and pings. The recently updated 3rd party program bann policy simply did not state ANYTHING about the use of VPNs. It simply states that the use a 3rd party program giving you an unfair advantage ( with the example of an autoclicker or macros allowing you to be afk while the character hunts by itself ) is punishable.

This has been ongoing long enough with the ingame GMs simply suspending people with the accusation of '3rd Party Program'. This needs to be talked about between players and the GMs.

Is the use of a vpn connection illegal?

In my opinion should be not illegal, most of Asian player use it for make connection stable.
    My account got banned with accusation using Third Party program, while i didnt use any even vpn cause all of the server from my VPN were made DCM. And I still didnt know which 3rd party that GM means. And they cant give the answer and only hiding in "we cant give information bout GM's investigation." This is so confusing. ._.

In my opinion, VPN/GPN should be not illegal

current condition for me in Indonesia
    I use fiber and sometimes phone connection to connect internet

the ping that I got is 250-500ms.
    it takes 0.5s-2s to pick 1 item and delay between skills
    it's not playable for me

sometimes normal connection also got DCM so the fastest to solve it just to use VPN/GPN. cmiiw

even after using GPN it still got ping 170-200ms, at least it stable at that number

if you want to make a VPN/GPN illegal, I hope you can provide channel for SEA users

Thanks

AFAIK VPN use is not illegal. I have used them many times.

Sad thing there has been so many random banns and the only common ground is people using vpns. There has been so many people getting either suspended or banned with the accusation of using a 3rd party program. We need an elaboration here,
    What counts as a 3rd party program, with examples.

Simply stating than someone needs to be 'on their keyboard while playing' can mean so many things.