+ Reply to Thread

black textures are due to using too good of an amd card

After troubleshooting every possible issue to try to get rid of the black textures, I have come to the conclusion that newer AMD cards like mine (RX5700 XT) dont like this game.
    I installed it on my 10 year old amd laptop, which is the system I used to play the game on back in the day, and the issue doesnt exist there. I would play it on that but the HDD in that laptop is pretty much toast and can barely run rohan on it anymore. but at least the textures worked xD.
    I then transferred the files from the laptop to my pc and the issue was still there so whatever, im done bothering with this lol. back to modding my skyrim/fallout 4 games which both run at 100+fps at 4k lol.
    Last edited by sumguy421; 11-16-2020 at 10:41 PM.

ok so i just found a rediculous workaround. i went into my bios and turned on IGPU multi monitor and downloaded drivers for my intergrated gpu, grabbed another hdmi cable and plugged it into my monitors second slot, then right clicked my desktopto access display settings, and made the now visable 2nd monitor my main display and then booted up the game and tada! no black textures. only issue now is im using integrated graphics.

10 years old "new game" will be fine on iGPU dw