Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Refund please - I have been robbed

19 70.37%
  • No need refund - I like being robbed

8 29.63%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sorry for your bad feeling, you still have 3 months to enjoy if u haven't enjoyed yet, if you don't want, it is ur problem. Im feeling bad too, I spent in game too, then I wont play any Playwith game. But it is real, the game will end, u still have ecash, rps but not any items. Their debt is not money but faith.

https://pulsenews.co.kr/view.php?year=2019&no=531731

PLAYWITH already under investigation for their ROHAN Porsche offering
    EternalTemplar

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic6000 View Post
    NamV and what if you didn't enjoy for what you've paid for? I mean what do you say to returning people or the ones who just started playing and investing into progress of this game? They came back or started playing, spent money to get to the endgame faster, but unfortunately game is closing and all your investment goes down the drain. I wouldn't call that an enjoying the game, when you haven't realized the goal you were charging for.

In this game I've been had already for the 4th time. Started the game from zero 3 times already. So please understand that I don't agree with any point you've made so far. I've been scammed, changed servers, got scammed by merger, got scammed by origin closure, and now the ultimate scam - closure. At this point I've been scammed more by the company than in-game scammers. When you invest as much as few others in this game, maybe then you can speak your opinions freely, but atm please just shut your mouth otherwise it smells. Imagine if you buy a car, and if company goes lights-out and then they come and take your car away, that you've already paid for, not very good feeling huh? Sure you might have enjoyed that car ride from salon to you home, but not enjoyed enough to to pay thousands of dollars for it.

I think with this move though they are digging their own graves ... the trust factor will be gone. The closure notices are always like lightning from bright blue sky. "You've played for a decade, payed for a decade, now you lose decade's worth investments. However you can play other games we offer and will offer.". I doubt that they will ever get as many people online as a time before the announcement. Let's face it, it isn't the first time, they've made this decision of betraying their own community. I believe that even seal players will start migrating to other games, because there is no guarantee that tomorrow won't be the day when they decide to close seal as well, and the mistrust between GM and a player is a very bad politics. If notice would be at least half a year before actual closure some trust would have been saved, but at this point it looks as dark as a turd thats left in the sun for a day or two.

I won't cry over its closure, but nevertheless I'll feel betrayed time and time again, and the trust isn't earned back easily.

That is all speculations as of yet, because we don't know what kind of criteria there will be for the rohanians to be eligible for compensations, but if it's not going to be fair, then RIP company from me.
    Good one!
    I`m totaly agree!!!

Anybody who calls putting cash into any online game an investment really has no idea what that concept is. When you hand your money to PLAYWITH (or any other online game cash shop) you are not investing it. You are in fact doing the opposite -- spending it. I have several short and long term investments. Because my livelihood depends on it, I expect them to grow in value. If they don't I pull my money out of them and put it in something that performs better. That is an investment. Using your money to work for you by getting more money.

The fact of the matter is, you purchase PlayWith Interactive (PlayWithI) virtual cash - RPS. That is where PlayWithI's financial involvement ends. What you do with that virtual cash is valid inside the game only. They will not give it back to you. Once virtual cash is purchased, your real cash is gone. Period. The game publisher's responsibility to you then is to ensure you can spend that virtual cash somehow. My assumption will be those RPS are usable in other games published by PlayWithI such as Seal Online and whatever Rohan-replacement they will be pushing at the end of October.

Face it guys, every single one of you knew this was coming at some point. It was inevitable. This game has been sliding downhill for years - particularly in being able to retain players. They have tried every trick feasible to them - creating new servers, creating bastardized versions of Rohan, pasting on new races with dick tape and chewing gum, creating Isen (yeesh!). None of their efforts provided any real longevity to this game. Unlike games like WoW, they have really done clean up and improve their game engine. Bugs that were there in the beta are still there to this day.

The writing has been on the wall for at least 5 years now. Time to give it a decent burial and move on.
    Last edited by Sourcerer; 07-23-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Commoner
    i had already spent a lot of money to reach what i reached in game max items now for nothing i spent thousands of Dollars for this items

if you told us that from 1 year ago i wouldn't spend this thousands of dollars in game and it would be fair for all

Sourcerer why would you say something that everyone knows but still somehow fk it up? If you invest into stock market and in the end you are not that lucky and lose money on it, does it automatically stops being an investment? Cause clearly you lost spent money, and you didn't earn with it as to what you'd expect. It didn't grow in value. Not everything in this world with the word "investment" revolves around money growing in value. You can invest time into something (yet you are hell bent on people having wrong concept of this word), get nothing, but nevertheless it is still an investment. When people SPEND money in online games, why can't it be called an investment? I do invest hoping to reach some goal of mine. For your investments the goal is to get more money, at some point i guess you can rmt that acc of yours when you spent enough previously, so you need to invest a bit more to gain from it. Just an example.

People invest themselves into relationships as well, there are a lot of things to invest in, and not everything in this world revolves around the money. If I so wish for I'll INVEST as much money as I want into health by buying healthy foods, sub to the gym, some weights, protein shakes, cause the goal is not to earn money, it is to reach certain goal.

''Anybody who calls putting cash into any online game an investment really has no idea what that concept is.'' right back at you.
    Too many secrets are locked inside your minds, but you're all equal in life, equal in love.

Origin - Delish (Templar)
    Origin - Maestro (priest)
    Origin - Vendigo (Wizard)

I am guildless HOHOHO (jainus)

I stand by that statement. Throwing money at an online game is not an investment, it is spending money on entertainment.

When that online game goes away what happened to that money you think you invested? Will you get any of it back or did it vanish? What do you walk away with? Do you have anything you can point at and say "Here is what my investment got me."?
    Did it make you a better person? Did it improve your health? As for your stock market example you at least have a chance to grow your initial investment - the chances of attaining that growth determines the value of that investment. If it does poorly it stops being an investment and becomes a liability that, if you are smart you liquidate and move on to something more lucrative.

The point of an investment is to increase your initial deposit - whatever currency you are using for that. If it doesn't, it stops being an investment.
    Last edited by Sourcerer; 07-24-2020 at 07:30 AM.

It is not an investment according to you, because time and time again you look at returns as nothing but money. I can invest time in a game, that's my investment, I can invest money in game and gamble on something, then later sell it to get more stuff, that's my investment. If you for once look at the word besides the first definition it has, you may look at things differently. I DO NOT INVEST MONEY IN A GAME TO GET MONEY BACK, that is simply not my goal. When you invest time into cleaning your house, you are not expecting money from it right? you are investing time to reach the set goal of your house being clean. Do you think 1 word can't mean different things or can't be used in different contexts?

Let's say you want to buy smth off EM lets say it costs 15000 ecash. you got only 10000, you gamble and enhance Almighty chimera acc set +3, then sell for 20000 ecash, id say it was an investment into a game. the end result is that with 10000 you made another 10000 of pure profit and could afford the item for 15000 and still have 5000 left. You could invest money like that to get more stuff in game than you actually could afford.

If i use your own logic and according to you throw money at the online game for entertainment, then what if I fail in acquiring anything? For instance if I tried to +12 acc set and end up spending everything, and still end up with +0s, it wasn't entertainment, i invested into a gamble and i lost.

I did invest into a game for better returns in a game. If you know that in a game there will be a balance, and item that now costs 10000 ecash will cost 50000 ecash after balance, wouldn't you call it an investment? In future you would make 40000 ecash profit and if you think it can't be called an investment, then i have bad news for you buddy ... you might figure it out eventually what those news are.

Sad that people don't want to think outside the box. I can clearly see you are not dumb, but accepting different opinions is, I guess, hard for you.
    Too many secrets are locked inside your minds, but you're all equal in life, equal in love.

Origin - Delish (Templar)
    Origin - Maestro (priest)
    Origin - Vendigo (Wizard)

I am guildless HOHOHO (jainus)

There is nothing you can do now. Sue the company if you wanted to or move on and be wiser next time. The former will waste your time and money even further, time and money that is better spent on other things (or games) now that the game you once loved is DEAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic6000 View Post
    It is not an investment according to you, because time and time again you look at returns as nothing but money. I can invest time in a game, that's my investment, I can invest money in game and gamble on something, then later sell it to get more stuff, that's my investment. If you for once look at the word besides the first definition it has, you may look at things differently. I DO NOT INVEST MONEY IN A GAME TO GET MONEY BACK, that is simply not my goal. When you invest time into cleaning your house, you are not expecting money from it right? you are investing time to reach the set goal of your house being clean. Do you think 1 word can't mean different things or can't be used in different contexts?

Let's say you want to buy smth off EM lets say it costs 15000 ecash. you got only 10000, you gamble and enhance Almighty chimera acc set +3, then sell for 20000 ecash, id say it was an investment into a game. the end result is that with 10000 you made another 10000 of pure profit and could afford the item for 15000 and still have 5000 left. You could invest money like that to get more stuff in game than you actually could afford.

If i use your own logic and according to you throw money at the online game for entertainment, then what if I fail in acquiring anything? For instance if I tried to +12 acc set and end up spending everything, and still end up with +0s, it wasn't entertainment, i invested into a gamble and i lost.

I did invest into a game for better returns in a game. If you know that in a game there will be a balance, and item that now costs 10000 ecash will cost 50000 ecash after balance, wouldn't you call it an investment? In future you would make 40000 ecash profit and if you think it can't be called an investment, then i have bad news for you buddy ... you might figure it out eventually what those news are.

Sad that people don't want to think outside the box. I can clearly see you are not dumb, but accepting different opinions is, I guess, hard for you.
    I guess you skipped over this part:
    When that online game goes away what happened to that money you think you invested? Will you get any of it back or did it vanish? What do you walk away with? Do you have anything you can point at and say "Here is what my investment got me."?
    Did it make you a better person? Did it improve your health?
    Investments have positive and negative returns (it is not my fault you are assuming I am always talking about money when I use the word returns). Investments with negative returns (and I do mean more than simply money here) are also called bad investments and smart people leave those behind as fast as they can to reduce the damage (financial, health, emotional or other kinds of damage).

Just a quick question for you though: After the game is gone min October, what returns will you have made from your Rohan investment? ecash? While PlayWithI intends to allow you to use RPS in future games, I wonder if they will provide a way to roll ecash over into any new games it publishes (I stopped playing steadily after they stopped providing rps as returns from EM sales). Or did you simply purchase entertainment for a limited amount of time? Everybody, including you knew Rohan would go the way of the dodo at any time for years now.
    Last edited by Sourcerer; 07-25-2020 at 10:41 AM.