Rohan Online Classic petition

Lets make Rohan great again:

petition link:

https://www.change.org/p/playwith-in...classic-server

Anyone remember rohan origin? omegalul

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

I still don't know what everyone's fascination is with 2008 game was hella imbalanced anyone could get unlocky and become a shotta woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Most balanced period of rohan was that epic-upg 1.0 time pre +18 or even pre +18 boss drops. Could run almost any build and do fine (with the exception of mages who get shafted for dps) but are still super valuable for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    I still don't know what everyone's fascination is with 2008 game was hella imbalanced anyone could get unlocky and become a shotta woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Most balanced period of rohan was that epic-upg 1.0 time pre +18 or even pre +18 boss drops. Could run almost any build and do fine (with the exception of mages who get shafted for dps) but are still super valuable for pvp.
    I partly agree with this, adding too much all stats/flat attack ruined the game. However i do think upgraded weapons aren't the best choice my preferred time was, no upgrades but max lvl 99 ancients like david woe, fenati's etc and crafting system with the ADV/IPV rings which only added those 3 different stats and no flat attack.

However going back to a de-volution server won't work it's been tried time after time and it fails…..
    I don't follow the meta, I create it.

-Verde-
    -Salve-

Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    I partly agree with this, adding too much all stats/flat attack ruined the game.

However going back to a de-volution server won't work it's been tried time after time and it fails…..
    I wish there was an upvote or like button in this forum...

My own opinion on it that whenever any game publisher interferes with game mechanics by providing cash shop only OP-for-a-price goods is a 100% recipe for failure. Nothing good ever comes from that P2W policy for the game players.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourcerer View Post
    I wish there was an upvote or like button in this forum...

My own opinion on it that whenever any game publisher interferes with game mechanics by providing cash shop only OP-for-a-price goods is a 100% recipe for failure. Nothing good ever comes from that P2W policy for the game players.
    Yup that's the biggest mistake, not to mention the constant power creep that's required to be put on new items in order for people to want and need them compared to their old gear while other aspects and game balance always lags behind. This creates a constant balance deficit that's very hard to overcome unless you pre-test everything and release a re-balance with every major change in power creeping items. Something that requires both extensive testing and planning, which isn't PWI's strong point.

-Verde-
    -Salve-

Nah upg 1.0 and epics with boss drops was the most balanced time. The only classes that were not viable were mages (sans snatch warlock) and scouts. Stats were not that out of control everyone was killable and had an opportunity to react (not getting shotta)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Nah upg 1.0 and epics with boss drops was the most balanced time. The only classes that were not viable were mages (sans snatch warlock) and scouts. Stats were not that out of control everyone was killable and had an opportunity to react (not getting shotta)
    Sorry to contradict but only those that purchased their OP weapons were "balanced" with others that purchased those OP weapons. If you didn't have one, you were royally boned. Before polluting the game with high-priced premium cash shop items the devs had a very good chance of creating and maintaining blalance across all players, not just those that laid down the hundreds of dollars to buy their "balance". But after the cat was let out of the bag, there were now suddenly the "haves" that could play on an even keel with their like-geared peers & "have nots" that could not compete against their OP opponents. Let us all not forget the hundreds of players that simply walked away after YNK crapped all over their hard work in farming and forging the best weapons in the server.

Fast forward several years of power creep and iterations of upgrades, if you don't have one in your arsenal or transmuted to your arrendal, you might as well pack up and go play some other game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourcerer View Post
    Sorry to contradict but only those that purchased their OP weapons were "balanced" with others that purchased those OP weapons. If you didn't have one, you were royally boned. Before polluting the game with high-priced premium cash shop items the devs had a very good chance of creating and maintaining blalance across all players, not just those that laid down the hundreds of dollars to buy their "balance". But after the cat was let out of the bag, there were now suddenly the "haves" that could play on an even keel with their like-geared peers & "have nots" that could not compete against their OP opponents. Let us all not forget the hundreds of players that simply walked away after YNK crapped all over their hard work in farming and forging the best weapons in the server.

Fast forward several years of power creep and iterations of upgrades, if you don't have one in your arsenal or transmuted to your arrendal, you might as well pack up and go play some other game.
    Completely agree with the first part, however the last part highlighted in red isn't true. Some classes are perfectly viable with abyss weapons and some other classes work with opaniel weapon too. You don't HAVE to have an upgraded weapon per se, however I do agree that in many cases upg user wins vs non upg user. It's however quite possible to be PVP competitive while using only abyss/opa weapons.

To put this in perspective, not being able to attend PA and thus not having the PA badge is WORSE than not having an upgraded weapon and having to do with opa/abyss. Imagine how bad of a complete f*ck up that PA badge is for people who simply can't attend PA or are sick of doing them 300+ days a year. I've seen so many players being driven away by the PA system and yet season after season nothing changes.
    Last edited by snipers334; 11-07-2019 at 06:35 AM.

-Verde-
    -Salve-