+ Reply to Thread

game freezes at menu screen

hey everyone, I was hoping someone can help me with my problem.

well, the problem is after I loaded up the game, going through the patching and loading and stuff. I get to the menu screen where you create a character, and the game freezes, I am not able to anything. the only thing I can do is force close it from taskmanager.

any advice and help will greatly be appreciated. thank you very much.

Does your computer meet the required specs for the game?

ROHAN doesn't require a high powered video card by any means, but you should make sure your video card drivers are updated as well as any other outdated drivers you may have.

If you have already done the above and still experience freezing, you should maybe try running the game in different compatibility modes. (right click rohanclient.exe > compatibility tab)

It's also possible you make have another program conflicting with the game client itself. Try to disable any background programs you may be running while running rohan. You may want to start disabling one at a time to pinpoint the problem program and run the game to see if it gets resolved. Certain antivirus and firewalls tend to conflict with the game, but more so with actual connection and lagging issues.

thank you very much, I'm going to give your advice a try.

This happens to anybody if you take too long. After you log in, you need to select a server and create a character as fast as you can. If you take longer than 5-10 minutes it will disconnect you.

If your computer specs aren't that great and it's taking you a very long time to log in, that's probably why. You can keep trying over and over (if this is the issue) in hopes that you can make it through before getting disconnected, but if you can't then you need a new computer, or you need to upgrade the one you have.

PumpkinPie (MattysPie) - 99 Priest - Original Esoteric - TURNED TEMPLAR 4/12/2010 -->Forever
    CherryPie - 99 Priest - Masters -->Forever