+ Reply to Thread

New player needs Class advice for him and his friend.

Hello,

I played Rohan when it was first released, and had lots of fun with it. Nevertheless, I thought it would die really quickly and never gave it a long shot.

That said, I see the game is alive, and my priorities have changed, I want to play again. I made a friend download the game and now we are ready to play. We will start in Jainus, seems the most populated.

But we have issues knowing which classes work well together, to level up and then farm at higher levels (mostly PvE)

We both were interested in Dhan/Dekan/Half elf.

That's why I ask you:
    Will the lack of a support class would bother us too much? should I pick a trinity/elf/human?

Do Support classes do well on their own? Having a priest/templar leveling on his own works?

Can a Half elf or mage kite killing mobs to reduce damage taken?

That's it. If you know how well 2 classes sinergies together please tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by cronitos View Post
    Hello,

I played Rohan when it was first released, and had lots of fun with it. Nevertheless, I thought it would die really quickly and never gave it a long shot.

That said, I see the game is alive, and my priorities have changed, I want to play again. I made a friend download the game and now we are ready to play. We will start in Jainus, seems the most populated.

But we have issues knowing which classes work well together, to level up and then farm at higher levels (mostly PvE)

We both were interested in Dhan/Dekan/Half elf.

That's why I ask you:
    Will the lack of a support class would bother us too much? should I pick a trinity/elf/human?
    Rumir/Priest are the main support classes used and they're both valuable in PVP and PVE. Guard/Defender is a support used mainly for templars/dragon sage and it's mainly for PVP (large amounts of CC beside ATT aura)

Do Support classes do well on their own? Having a priest/templar leveling on his own works?
    in the lower lvls you can solo with a Rumir and even at higher lvls you can, for priest you CAN solo but it's very inefficient. I would always advice to make support characters together with DPS characters. The ''support'' role and ''DPS'' role aren't as set in stone as they once were, but it's not efficient to farm solo on a priest.

Can a Half elf or mage kite killing mobs to reduce damage taken?
    no and no you'll use hunterkit in order to farm, specially with multiple characters. if you are keen on doing it by hand, it would still be hard because mobs spawn all around you or are ranged so kiting in PVE isn't really a thing

That's it. If you know how well 2 classes sinergies together please tell me.
    Templar/Sage + Rumir/priest (DPS + support) is a combination you see a lot for PVP and PVE. if you like Dekan I would suggest you make a dragon sage (full intel) and combine it with a priest & Rumir. if you feel you want to play more damage and less supports you can choose to use for example:

Dragon Sage + Templar + Rumir
    Predator + Dragon Sage + Rumir
    etc.

The reason I choose Rumir is because the main DPS classes are melee and Rumir has AOE ranged attacks, the Rumir lures and heals, the DPS kills

at lower lvl Scout (Half elf) is decent in PVE but i'm not sure at the higher lvl spots, ranger is great for PVE but they are just a WF pet and shoul only be added to a farm party as 5th or 6th char (when you already have multiple DPS & supports)

Hope this helped you.

PS: if you don't have a large budget for this game and don't want to spend too much $. start with a Rumir + predator and later on, if everything goes right you can add a templar or sage (temp/sage are expensive to gear)
    Last edited by snipers334; 08-12-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    I don't follow the meta, I create it.

-Verde-
    -Salve-