+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    I've logged my dhan & guard 5 minutes ago and tested it and confusion pouch is blocked by roha's, just like I said lol. As for AOE I haven't tested that today since my guard isn't geared but I know from past experience AOE = more damage on OS
    Maybe you’re right and I was just bugged lol. Anyways if it does block confusion pouch then it is fine I guess.

Ill just test it again

Intresting analysis, it doesn't work like that though. You can throw money at the game or get your gear through doing business, making friends etc. Either way it doesn't matter nor make you a good player if you mash your buttons like a monkey, which is what most players do.

I have feels like ur an old player but I didnt know you back then but here goes. My squad beat down "braindead monkeys" with better gear because we had better communication. Same did almost every other guild with the exception of the qndy forever squad who had a massive equipment advantage over the other guilds. You want a good example? Ask Tar how many pvps he won once me squad left. Almost none but Tar has the best equipment in the game outside of 1 person who had these DD boots/gloves from an old ass event.

Also where did I say 1v1? this isn't a 1v1 game, specially now with all the party buffs, trying to compare a 1v1 scenario doesn't make a lot of sense since it's not the focus of this game(anymore).
    We all know this isnt a 1v1 game but thats a same_class 1v1 how did shawnc1186 THA LEGEND win all those templar 1v1s dont you want to know? Being undefeated in 30 templar 1v1s is an anomaly wouldnt you say? whats his secret???? It was lvl 7 euphoria and making less mistakes simple as that.

I do agree that math is the basic thing you need to become good. For starters to understand how every layer of damage reduction and damage adding effects work so you can gear yourself in a so-efficient-as-possible way to spew out as much damage and take the least(this can be really complicated). A good memory helps too, to know which skills/buffs go over or before other skills/buffs and to remember the cooldown of all important things from all classes and keep those in mind while PVP'ing. Also which targets to focus in which order will make the difference between winning or losing a pvp battle (that is if you have equal numbers and sort-of equal gear).
    Your attempts to min-max will carry you in the math department but you will lose out in a proper group pvp scenario (not this power arena crap) if your communication is **** which is the most important skill.

As for dhans, they are overrated because they are pro for low-medium tier players (which includes say 80% of Rohan). When you get into the top players, you'll see most will choose a templar or sage or maybe even guard over a dhan, simply because it's too easy to counter dhans and those other classes bring steady dps or a more useful skillset.
    Dhans are strong because just like templars used to be they can do a lot with a little and even more with a lot. The math dont lie simple as that.

Personally I have no problem with anti-crit scrolls, it's not P2W, every person at any lvl can farm boxes to get them, it's how this game should be
    So having an item that mitigates ALL_CRITICAL_DAMAGE is acceptable because anyone can get it? They brought it out as a band-aid fix for dhans but it then screws over all other classes that have a crit boost a la guards, rangers, giants etc who guess what dont have invenom. Ill be ok with this statement if you said you have no problem with crit immunity technique because it solves problems in the short term while class imbalances are fixed but we all know thats not gonna happen.

PS: the fact that you keep mentioning Shawn the scammer and put him in the same txt as the words ''ability to make friends'' and ''effective communication'' makes me puke. and franky after that, I can't even take anything else you say even remotely serious (I tried anyway) but well trollolol shawn the cancer of rohan xD
    Ive known shawnc1186 for a long time and if you ever sit down and talk to the guy hes a down to earth guy whos never scammed anyone who didnt have it coming. In my circle with old man mark, uncle dekon, shawnc1186 and luffy someone scammed uncle dekon you wana guess who it was?

Luffy because shawnc1186 would never scam uncle dekon.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    Ive known shawnc1186 for a long time and if you ever sit down and talk to the guy hes a down to earth guy whos never scammed anyone who didnt have it coming. In my circle with old man mark, uncle dekon, shawnc1186 and luffy someone scammed uncle dekon you wana guess who it was?

Luffy because shawnc1186 would never scam uncle dekon.
    I understand most of your comments are based on ''back then'' but honestly, this game isn't the same anymore. In fact it changed so much I don't think there is much value in comparing the rohan of today with the rohan of what 6-7 years ago? It's basically a different game. As for the 1V1's back then, you could stack buffs on a character without having to party it. Everything is based on party buffs/auras now and some classes heavily benefit from this. 1v1's are dead and are a bad way to compare how good someone really is in this game.

As for communication during PVP, yes having your PVP party on voice and being able to call who to target/what your cooldowns are, which combos you gonna spam is an advantage but at the same time, if you're experienced you know WHO to target and also WHEN. You'll also know which combos to use and anticipate on buffs that are given to you. Which is exactly what I meant when I said ''remember cooldowns and know the combos of classes''. The main issue with PVP is that, people are more like sheeple and they always attack whatever is nearest to them (which is a fully decked out DPS with all scrolls/buffs/loop on). Which is exactly what you shouldn't focus on since they have supports perma-healing/buffing them.

I'm not sure if you're currently playing this game, even though dhans are still a popular class, you see templars/sages popping up. Even the people that don't understand the math (Dhan scales linear & temp/sage scales exponential + you can't counter temp/sage DPS but it's fairly easy to counter critical dmg) know that temp & sage are the future of this game (unless they change the formula for blunt/zhen master).

As for crit immuun scrolls, the more crit chance % you have, the bigger the influence is of those scrolls in negating damage. Dhan can get an insane amount of critical chance and it is thus, by far the worst ''nerf'' for dhans. Any other class can perform fine when fighting people on anti-crit scrolls.
    I don't follow the meta, I create it.

-Verde-
    -Salve-

I have to stand behind sunny's defense of Shawn1186. I know of his so-called scamming history. And to be frankly honest with you in his place I would have done the same thing and I am probably one of the least scammer-oriented people in this game.

But no defense of mine or anyone that has actually dealt with the guy in a non-combative way will change anybody's view because in this game you are guilty until proven innocent. Because well if the real scammers are more popular at the time they will have the last word (and anybody that has been around here long enough will know who those real scammers are).

As for what works now vs what worked back then, I have agree with both of you. Rohan has changed an awful lot in the last couple years. You need a LOT more skill playing this game to be effective AND you need the best gear you can get your hands on - which ain't cheap by anybody's accounting. But it isn't just about how much cash you can throw at it. You can get moderately-geared folks that can trounce a top geared fool that thinks the only way to play the game is to one-click your dead style of playing.

But in some ways Rohan has always been about gearing up and effectively using that gear by knowing all of the tricks playing your toon.
    Last edited by Sourcerer; 08-12-2019 at 01:59 PM.

I understand most of your comments are based on ''back then'' but honestly, this game isn't the same anymore. In fact it changed so much I don't think there is much value in comparing the rohan of today with the rohan of what 6-7 years ago? It's basically a different game. As for the 1V1's back then, you could stack buffs on a character without having to party it. Everything is based on party buffs/auras now and some classes heavily benefit from this. 1v1's are dead and are a bad way to compare how good someone really is in this game.
    Yah now its power arena meta and nobody cares you can just die come back with PA buff and kill people (or take it off because ur a templar and there was that strange interaction with equality IIRC)

As for communication during PVP, yes having your PVP party on voice and being able to call who to target/what your cooldowns are, which combos you gonna spam is an advantage but at the same time, if you're experienced you know WHO to target and also WHEN. You'll also know which combos to use and anticipate on buffs that are given to you. Which is exactly what I meant when I said ''remember cooldowns and know the combos of classes''. The main issue with PVP is that, people are more like sheeple and they always attack whatever is nearest to them (which is a fully decked out DPS with all scrolls/buffs/loop on). Which is exactly what you shouldn't focus on since they have supports perma-healing/buffing them.
    Yah people have tunnel vision and its a problem but not having tunnel vision shouldnt be a clear indicator of who is and isnt good.

I'm not sure if you're currently playing this game, even though dhans are still a popular class, you see templars/sages popping up. Even the people that don't understand the math (Dhan scales linear & temp/sage scales exponential + you can't counter temp/sage DPS but it's fairly easy to counter critical dmg) know that temp & sage are the future of this game (unless they change the formula for blunt/zhen master).
    Ur right I can't live off a schedule (the rohan method) so I dont play this game which revolves around power arena. People understand the math its been known since 2009 what templars can do. Only difference is that you can do a WHOLE_LOT_MORE with a pred than a templar with a whole lot less. Im talking trans opaniel katar with those pvp 200 agi rings not even factoring in the chakras and stuff. If your a templar with the same low cash investment as that guy your in trouble.

As for crit immuun scrolls, the more crit chance % you have, the bigger the influence is of those scrolls in negating damage. Dhan can get an insane amount of critical chance and it is thus, by far the worst ''nerf'' for dhans. Any other class can perform fine when fighting people on anti-crit scrolls.
    But this is where your wrong because crits from fatal or invoke are a big part of those class's damage and your ****ting all over their damage potential because we need to use a scroll to protect us from dhans except they have invenom which goes through. Crit immunity technique is not dhan immunity technique it hurts all classes.

Idk if you have played any other pvp mmorpgs but after playing tera I will never consider any rohan player to be technically skilled at any class. Before I got banned twice I was beating people with 2017 latest equipment using old 2012 weapon not because that weapon was OP but because I was skilled enough to lock down my enemies from doing what they wanted/supposed to do.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 08-12-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourcerer View Post
    I have to stand behind sunny's defense of Shawn1186. I know of his so-called scamming history. And to be frankly honest with you in his place I would have done the same thing and I am probably one of the least scammer-oriented people in this game.

But no defense of mine or anyone that has actually dealt with the guy in a non-combative way will change anybody's view because in this game you are guilty until proven innocent. Because well if the real scammers are more popular at the time they will have the last word (and anybody that has been around here long enough will know who those real scammers are).

As for what works n0to vs what worked back then, I have agree with both of you. Rohan has changed an awful lot in the last couple years. You need a LOT more skill playing this game to be effective AND you need the best gear you can get your hands on - which ain't cheap by anybody's accounting. But it isn't just about how much cash you can throw at it. You can get moderately-geared folks that can trounce a top geared fool that thinks the only way to play the game is to one-click your dead style of playing.

But in some ways Rohan has always been about gearing up and effectively using that gear by knowing all of the tricks playing your toon.
    As for shawn, you don't need to speculate with me lol, I know for a fact he's been banned, multiple times, a few of those were for scamming. You might not want to believe it but to get banned for scamming, you have to really-really **** up. What i mean with that is, if you scam someone's item who's account sharing, you don't get a ban, if you scam somoene's item which he gave in trade to reinforce or such, they just reverse the trades and won't ban you. In all honesty, getting banned (even for a temporary amount of time) for something else than harassment, really means you did something ****ed up.

But this is where your wrong because crits from fatal or invoke are a big part of those class's damage and your ****ting all over their damage potential because we need to use a scroll to protect us from dhans except they have invenom which goes through. Crit immunity technique is not dhan immunity technique it hurts all classes.

Idk if you have played any other pvp mmorpgs but after playing tera I will never consider any rohan player to be technically skilled at any class. Before I got banned twice I was beating people with 2017 latest equipment using old 2012 weapon not because that weapon was OP but because I was skilled enough to lock down my enemies from doing what they wanted/supposed to do.
    Your point about being able to do more-with-less on a dhan is completely valid, but every person who play this game slowely gains more items, more money, more stats, more power. it's the way it's designed and it's what makes people play. This being said it also means that classes, which scale better with more stats, more items and more power will, eventually reach their Apex position. Currently it's only the top geared players who can reach this, but the future of this game is reserved for intel based templars and sages not for dhans.

Crits aren't the main damage output from rangers nor guards(I mean you can if you put crit stones in ur weapon and guarder but that's a bad idea). Both classes can deliver steady dps while attacking people on loop or crit scroll (honestly loop even heals you while you crit someone) and you have templar ulti (for the whole party) which reduce crit damage by 75% and wizard group anti crit which lasts insane amounts of time and is for a whole party too. You're making a huge point about anti crit scrolls while there are many mechanics to counter critical damage in game and have been for a long time, also before those scrolls.

Also, like I said before, rohan doesn't require the amount of skill you'd see in games such as CS:GO or League of Dota (I can't say anything about tera since I never played it), but it does require more skill then people think.

-Verde-
    -Salve-

^ this

With the latest dhan balance patch they should had not focus only on to nerf Invenom, the crit rate is the main issue imo.
    Katar Mastery should NOT give any % crit rate.
    People used to play Agi Dhan over the past 11 years of rohan on purpose even tho without having ridiculous high crit rate & knowing they might be inferior to other classes
    Camora
    Superiors

IIvodkaII
    (i) Made Str Dhan great again
    - retired on Isen -

WhyMee
    Famous

I've been here killing it
    Longer than you've been alive, you idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Jester999 View Post
    ^ this

With the latest dhan balance patch they should had not focus only on to nerf Invenom, the crit rate is the main issue imo.
    People used to play Agi Dhan over the past 11 years of rohan on purpose even tho without having ridiculous high crit rate & knowing they might be inferior to other classes
    Its not crit chance if its 80% srsly thats not_crit_chance.

Shawn topic: Everyone is dirty including me some more than others but hes not the worst of the worst ill put it that way.
    Your point about being able to do more-with-less on a dhan is completely valid, but every person who play this game slowely gains more items, more money, more stats, more power. it's the way it's designed and it's what makes people play. This being said it also means that classes, which scale better with more stats, more items and more power will, eventually reach their Apex position. Currently it's only the top geared players who can reach this, but the future of this game is reserved for intel based templars and sages not for dhans.
    Some people dont wana play templars or sages simple as that. The difference is that right now your trying to say that templars and sages are tier 1 while everyone else is tier 2 when in reality its more like Templar & sage tier 1 and predator tier 2 with everyone else being tier 4 because thats how big the gap is.

Crits aren't the main damage output from rangers nor guards(I mean you can if you put crit stones in ur weapon and guarder but that's a bad idea). Both classes can deliver steady dps while attacking people on loop or crit scroll (honestly loop even heals you while you crit someone) and you have templar ulti (for the whole party) which reduce crit damage by 75% and wizard group anti crit which lasts insane amounts of time and is for a whole party too. You're making a huge point about anti crit scrolls while there are many mechanics to counter critical damage in game and have been for a long time, also before those scrolls.
    Even if I dont have crit on my weapon it still gimps the class ranger has crit shot which is an absolute dud because we can't fix the dhans?!?!?

Also, like I said before, rohan doesn't require the amount of skill you'd see in games such as CS:GO or League of Dota (I can't say anything about tera since I never played it), but it does require more skill then people think.
    Rohan requires no skill because theres no content that requires any skill. Math rules power arena if you are the objectively best class with the objectively best equipment there is no reason you should lose unless somebody else has the same thing.

Call me when theres some group pvp thats worth doing a la ruler pvp tsb in the olden days.
    Last edited by sunnyangel; 08-12-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester999 View Post
    ^ this

say we negate for the sake of this argument that 8% critrate on predators katar mastery

- weapon 32%
    - weapon stone 18%
    - guarder stone 10%
    - base 5%
    - Assassin crit buff 10%

65% crit chance

Possible other things:
    - Guard aura 10%
    - UPG rings 12%

75% crit chance with either one of those.

You really trying to argue that the extra 8% is making a difference when already 2/3 or 3/4 auto-attacks are critical lol? (katar mastery was 15% and was reduced to 8% but still)

the f*cktard who made upgraded weapons with 32% critchance is the issue

-Verde-
    -Salve-

say we negate for the sake of this argument that 8% critrate on predators katar mastery

- weapon 32%
    - weapon stone 18%
    - guarder stone 10%
    - base 5%
    - Assassin crit buff 10%

65% crit chance

Possible other things:
    - Guard aura 10%
    - UPG rings 12%

75% crit chance with either one of those.

You really trying to argue that the extra 8% is making a difference when already 2/3 or 3/4 auto-attacks are critical lol? (katar mastery was 15% and was reduced to 8% but still)

the f*cktard who made upgraded weapons with 32% critchance is the issue
    Your right I dont see why dhans with katar should even be able to equip guarder in the 1st place and even then dont need katar mastery crit rate its just not needed gotta bring this down. Dont bring up upg rings thats another anomaly or crit aura because most will not get a guard in their party since "they suck".

Whats that look like for the trans opaniel dhans?