+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by yinggamer View Post
    Now we're talking! We're in the end game now.

    I already show the formula from other post but allow me to post it here.

    The numbers you see in Character window is the attack delay. It is the number of milliseconds counted between every two attacks.

    Attack Delay = D / (1 + Total Attack Speed)
    Where: D = weapon base attack delay in milliseconds (bow is 1000, dagger is 700, club is 900 etc...)

    Now I assume you're a well geared templar (that's where the ego comes from) so your total attack speed self buff is:
    UPG club = 50%
    Ash stone = 38%
    Tenis = 30%
    Guarder = 15%
    Old blunt mastery = 30%, New blunt mastery = 12%

    (old)Attack Speed Total = 163% = 1.63
    (new)Attack Speed Total = 145% = 1.45

    D = 900 for clubs

    (old)Attack Delay = 900/(1 + 1.63) = 342
    (new)Attack Delay = 900/(1 + 1.45) = 367

    new - old = 367 - 342 = 25 milliseconds (HERE"S YOUR ANSWER)
    you're a generous god you are

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    you're a generous god you are
    Apologies for being redundant. This is where I stop.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by yinggamer View Post
    Apologies for being redundant. This is where I stop.
    Not redundant, assuming you are petebebz you're the one who posted the forumla first! kudos!

    I Always go that extra step XD I love doing this

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by yinggamer View Post
    Now we're talking! We're in the end game now.

    I already show the formula from other post but allow me to post it here.

    The numbers you see in Character window is the attack delay. It is the number of milliseconds counted between every two attacks.

    Attack Delay = D / (1 + Total Attack Speed)
    Where: D = weapon base attack delay in milliseconds (bow is 1000, dagger is 700, club is 900 etc...)

    Now I assume you're a well geared templar (that's where the ego comes from) so your total attack speed self buff is:
    UPG club = 50%
    Ash stone = 38%
    Tenis = 30%
    Guarder = 15%
    Old blunt mastery = 30%, New blunt mastery = 12%

    (old)Attack Speed Total = 163% = 1.63
    (new)Attack Speed Total = 145% = 1.45

    D = 900 for clubs

    (old)Attack Delay = 900/(1 + 1.63) = 342
    (new)Attack Delay = 900/(1 + 1.45) = 367

    new - old = 367 - 342 = 25 milliseconds (HERE"S YOUR ANSWER)
    "that's where the ego comes from " HAHAHAHA words of wisdom

    Thank you for going into details on those numbers. Naturally i didn't expect you to factor in ash Stone or guarder because your calculation assumes the best possible outcome, but understandable because you based it off assuming my att speed setup. For the purpose of this example, lets say i am an average temp, with shield and no ash stones. Given the increase in att delay compared to your calculation above. Can we then conclude that the reason for the att speed patch is most likely aimed at top class temp (nicely geared, with decent exchange trans stats e.t.c) only? and a minor nerf for the average templar with an upg?
    Last edited by Mixture; 08-04-2019 at 10:49 AM.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by snipers334 View Post
    The fact that an 18% attackspeed nerf makes you tick like this tells me enough xD. I don't need to know you well to know that I'm more intelligent both ingame and outside of it (int meme inteded )



    Why not factor in party buffs? You can't buff eachother anymore, this game is based on partying to PVP/PVE. Not factoring that in wouldn't make sense. Rohan isn't a 1v1 game and you know it. It is true that not everyone can currently get 1k title and OP gears but many WILL get those in the future. Since KR decided to released Rohan M globally they will spend less time developin the PC one (I mean the community and thus revenu is much smaller than the mobile one). This will most likely mean we won't be getting another balance patch any time soon.

    ''I could argue that a predator with the same equipment investment and trans stats with the optimal party setup would kill the same target as you with just as much speed''

    But that's the thing it doensn't. First of you can easily block critical damage with anti-crit scrolls or loop from rumir (not even talking about wizard anti crit or temps ult) so there are ways to counter the damage. The only real way to reduce damage from templars/sages is to use obli from priest, which works for any kind of damage (also crits) so it's not really a good comparison. The invenom of dhans got nerfed and doesn't scale with dd-pen. Also any kind of damage is linear meaning with every x agi you get extra your damage goes up by factor x

    As I have shown in the graph, this is not the case for templars/sages. You know how their buffs work and you know the intel-multiplier makes them gain exponential melee attack. (as example) at 5k intel you might have 100k melee, at 10k intel you suddenly have 500k melee and at 20k intel you are at 3 million melee.
    I wont factor in party buffs because more often than not the average player will not get the optimal party setup that you (an outlier) would expect. Also obviously in my comparison im not bringing up damage mitigation.

    Iceyy~~Certified Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Defender Avenger ???? Lumir ????? Noir (Ran)
    TERA: BANNED(65 Warrior) ALSOBANNED(65 priest) @DELETED GAME
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

  6. #36
    Conscript Jester999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Century Link Field
    Posts
    447
    this thread is so entertaining and amusing at the same time <3
    Camora
    Superiors

    IIvodkaII
    (i) Made Str Dhan great again
    - retired on Isen -

    WhyMee
    Famous



    I've been here killing it
    Longer than you've been alive, you idiot

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester999 View Post
    this thread is so entertaining and amusing at the same time <3
    gms made a discord server to nerf my post count.

    Iceyy~~Certified Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Defender Avenger ???? Lumir ????? Noir (Ran)
    TERA: BANNED(65 Warrior) ALSOBANNED(65 priest) @DELETED GAME
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixture View Post
    "that's where the ego comes from " HAHAHAHA words of wisdom

    Thank you for going into details on those numbers. Naturally i didn't expect you to factor in ash Stone or guarder because your calculation assumes the best possible outcome, but understandable because you based it off assuming my att speed setup. For the purpose of this example, lets say i am an average temp, with shield and no ash stones. Given the increase in att delay compared to your calculation above. Can we then conclude that the reason for the att speed patch is most likely aimed at top class temp (nicely geared, with decent exchange trans stats e.t.c) only? and a minor nerf for the average templar with an upg?
    Even if we remove ash att stone and guarder the difference is only 55 ms. Blink of an eye averages 300 ms and we barely notices it (of course we notice it now since we bring up the topic).

    Now lets summarize so we have a proper closure here:
    1. You complain (ok you're not complaining) that 30% to 12% is a "NOT SLIGHT NERF" but a "CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT" of change.
    2. We show you numbers.
    3. The numbers tell us that it is indeed a small amount.

    So the conclusion we can make is blunt mastery's attack speed is still good. The decrease from 30% to 12% will not significantly affect Templar's overall performance.

    You're ok my friend, you're ok. You perceive it to be significantly slower because that how brain works. The moment you read the "30% to 12%" your brain creates bias. Don't get me wrong, it's not your fault and it happens all the time. That's why science experiments needs numbers to create accurate conclusions. Now if you excuse me, it's Monday morning in our time zone. I have other "numbers" to work on.

    I think we're done here.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixture View Post
    Yes i also believe this is the reason. However, from a personal standpoint you think that 25 milliseconds is negligible. That is YOUR preference from a standpoint of numbers with no practical consideration, i have played templar long enough to know that 18% drop in att speed is significant from 30%. Templars are 18% slower at lvl 7 blunt when compared to previous 30%. FULL STOP. now they are only 12% faster at lvl 7. there is no maths involved just percentage according to the skill.

    Which reminds me, let me see how you came up with your numbers. 25ms sounds VERY doggy. 18% slower is 25ms? SHOW ME YOUR CALCULATION hahahaha
    My friend you have not played templar long enough, if you have played templar long enough, you wouldn't cry about that 18% atk speed, instead you would have appreciated the change on this templar patch, before all these new pet/guarder comes and 2 elf patch that had pass. The max atk speed you can get was 128%. 145% is still better compared to those times and like what others already said that 25ms delay wont matter if your templar is geared like you previously mentioned.

  10. #40
    Damn, I should have not mentioned the 128% max atk speed in the old days, if they hit their head they might remove the remaining 12% from blunt since someone mentioned it should be 0. LMFAOOOO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
modify