+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Post Elf Balance Patch Info!

Greetings Rohanians!

Today we bring important news about the balance patch for the Elves. As mentioned before the patch will be applied on the 30th of July and will hold a total of 16 reworked buffs & skills!

Below an overview is given of the skills/buffs which will be adjusted. Some key-changes are discussed as well.

The following table will include all skills/buffs that are going to be adjusted. On the right side it will either show: Buff, Nerf or Tweak. On the left side it shows the buff/skill name.

Buff – A skill or buff is increased in power
    Nerf – A skill or buff is decreased in power
    Tweak – A skill or buff is neither (really) increased nor (really) decreased in power but underwent multiple changes

General Focus:
    We have observed Templar and priest and have noticed a few issues. Templars can obtain too much mana and use this as a defensive shield. The Templar class is already quite ‘’tanky’’ because they can heal and have a lot of health absorption & good damage. Priest can obtain too much psych which scales too well with their defensive abilities. Also some of priest’s CC-oriented abilities had too high durations. The Area Of Effect Buffs/Skills of both classes received a boost.

Cooldowns:
    The cooldowns for the skills/buffs of both classes have roughly remained the same. The biggest change can be found in both Heaven’s Dawn & Last Divine (The Priest & Templar’s Ultimate abilities). The cooldowns of these skills were reduced and so was the duration to make it more compatible with other classes combo’s which are, in general also shorter in duration and cooldown. This change mainly affects Priest & Templar

Crowd-Control:
    Crowd-Control effects such as Mind-Air & Vacuum have a reduced duration. Previously these skills could be spammed/carelessly cast. We want Player-Versus-Player (PVP) interactions to be more challenging and thus nerfed the duration. This means you have to think carefully before casting those skills! This change affects Priests only.

Damage:
    The self-buffed damage of Templars increased slightly but their attack speed became slightly (s)lower. Priest Judgement skill got a proper buff.

Defence:
    Both mana shield & blue fountain got a nerf in order to reduce the effectiveness of Templars ability to soak up damage utilising only their mana bar. Priests will have slightly less psyche but slightly more all stats (vitality included). Priest also had a small nerf on the Soul Meditation skill since this is a very low cooldown ability and the psyche scaling was too high especially compared to all the other defensive abilities priest already possesses. Last but not least, the conversion of Psyche & Intelligence to Physical defence was increased which mainly helps in the Player-Versus-Environment (PVE) scenario. These mentioned changes affect both Templar & Priest

AOE (Area Of Effect):
    The AOE skill Judgement got a damage buff, we hope this damage buff will suffice for priest to be able to obtain their Power Arena points. Templar class got increased change for AOE effect on their regular-attacks. This change affects Templar & Priest
    We will continue working on balancing the other classes to improve this game and enhance the gaming experience for all players. We will soon have more news about the other classes!

More Power & Love Rohan!

Best regards
    -R.O.H.A.N. Blood Feud & R.O.H.A.N. Balance Team-

from what I can see 5% matk gained for 8% aspd lost?

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    from what I can see 5% matk gained for 8% aspd lost?
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5vLtzsEpt
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Why don't you have a real nerf like when you made DFFS into a tickle
    LexusGS 115 ran - Best Dekan in history retired
    Latvala 114 ran - 2nd Best Dekan in history retired

GM WalkingDead retired

"Damage: The self-buffed damage of Templars increased slightly but their attack speed became slightly (s)lower" the word slightly is an understatement, from 30% -> 12% att speed is not slightly in my opinion.

I appreciate your efforts to increase self-buffed dmg output because it was ridiculously low. But i noticed you have also reduced the effectiveness of regular attacks by reducing the Att Speed considerably. Why? I understand your reasons for nerf-ing blunt dmg by 10% (at lvl 7) since you buffed stats but please justify why you reduced the Att Speed by that much percentage. I am not asking for change, just justification so i understand. Thank you.
    Last edited by Mixture; 08-01-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixture View Post
    "Damage: The self-buffed damage of Templars increased slightly but their attack speed became slightly (s)lower" the word slightly is an understatement, from 30% -> 12% att speed is not slightly in my opinion.

I appreciate your efforts to increase self-buffed dmg output because it was ridiculously low. But i noticed you have also reduced the effectiveness of regular attacks by reducing the Att Speed considerably. Why? I understand your reasons for nerf-ing blunt dmg by 10% (at lvl 7) since you buffed stats but please justify why you reduced the Att Speed by that much percentage. I am not asking for change, just justification so i understand. Thank you.
    I can't be sure why it was done but I think the balance patches are designed for endgame players/endgame gear. which leads me to the following conclusion:

Imagine having:
    (Self buffed)
    trans upg club with 50% attackspeed
    trans stone 38% attackspeed
    opaniel guarder 15% attackspeed
    silva pet 30% attackspeed

In Party:
    (party buffs from priest/rumir grant attackspeed too or the savage totem)

- Now imagine a templar on max gear etc with dd pen can do 30-40k regular hits self buffed (in party this can go up to 80-100k damage a hit) and it's able to spew out hits at like what 350-380 attackspeed or so self buffed and even faster in party? which means you attack at nearly 3 times a second which means you have a damage output of 3 times 35k is about a 100k damage a second. slightly slower attackspeed was probably introduced to lower this DPS (damage per second)

- Templar's AOE attacks became much stronger since the chance for them to AOE became 100% instead of 50%, which means surrounding targets, but also their effects such as euphoria and group euphoria will always trigger on AOE hits (this effects healing is exponentially increased with the amount of targets hit). slightly slower attackspeed was probably introduced to counter this

If you would ask me, templar should have a 0% boost in attackspeed on their blunt mastery since they get plenty of boosts and their weapon is already ''fast''. Not sure if you can follow my reasoning and not sure if this is the reason they decreased the attackspeed but it does make sense, at least it does so to me.
    Last edited by White Arctic Fox; 08-01-2019 at 04:09 PM.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Quote Originally Posted by White Arctic Fox View Post
    I can't be sure why it was done but I think the balance patches are designed for endgame players/endgame gear. which leads me to the following conclusion:

Imagine having:
    (Self buffed)

In Party:

- Now imagine a templar on max gear etc with dd pen can do 30-40k regular hits self buffed (in party this can go up to 80-100k damage a hit) and it's able to spew out hits at like what 350-380 attackspeed or so self buffed and even faster in party? which means you attack at nearly 3 times a second which means you have a damage output of 3 times 35k is about a 100k damage a second. slightly slower attackspeed was probably introduced to lower this DPS (damage per second)

- Templar's AOE attacks became much stronger since the chance for them to AOE became 100% instead of 50%, which means surrounding targets, but also their effects such as euphoria and group euphoria will always trigger on AOE hits (this effects healing is exponentially increased with the amount of targets hit). slightly slower attackspeed was probably introduced to counter this

If you would ask me, templar should have a 0% boost in attackspeed on their blunt mastery since they get plenty of boosts and their weapon is already ''fast''. Not sure if you can follow my reasoning and not sure if this is the reason they decreased the attackspeed but it does make sense, at least it does so to me.

Thanks for the reply. at least there is a reply loool.

No offence intended but your possible reasons are somewhat irrelevant because most of them are not EXCLUSIVE to the Templar class.
    For example, you mentioned:

-- every class can have upg some better than others. not Exclusive to temp so should not be used to grade/weight/judge a class.

and then you mentioned this:
    In Party:

Yes how a class performs under party is relevant to some extent but the main reason this cant be used as a possible reason is because, i could then say the Dhan class perform so much better solo compared to temp but temp perform so much better in a party compared to dhan. the point is all class have their own ups and downs when it comes to party. This makes it very irrelevant to why the att speed was considerable reduced. Dont forget, i wouldnt be here if lets say the att speed was made 20%, just here to find some answers why its 12% at lvl 7.... disgusting -____-

Probably yes, but makes no sense because if you look at the club speed, its FAST, not VERY Fast, so basically what they telling me is that only 12% att speed separates Templars from lets say Dhan (because i cant think of any other char who dont have att speed boost lol) who also have VERY Fast wep speed with 100% AOE. see what i mean? Dhans are special based damagers and templars are regular based. Respect it. All class are not the same.

If you would ask me, templar should have a 0% boost in attackspeed on their blunt mastery since they get plenty of boosts and their weapon is already ''fast''. Not sure if you can follow my reasoning and not sure if this is the reason they decreased the attackspeed but it does make sense, at least it does so to me.[/B]

I wont ask you because most of your points are compared to things that other class already benefit from, actually all of your points. Nothing exclusing to Temps. Its even more flawed that you think att speed on blunt should be 0% and then result to wep speed and plenty of boosts, boost of which again other char benefit from! zzzzz

I have imagined... Rohan has changed over the years and we probably will get to this change in the future ... back in the day the max hp was <= 100k now ppl can round around with 1M hp. Yes i can imagine. You Salve are hitting over 40k because of good gears and pen , and dhan can even get 60k without inven with nice gears, pen and scrolls. Wake up and stop trying to think negative towards other att classes . There is nothing wrong with Templars hitting 30k if they work hard towards good gears and dd pen on a dd set pvp set oppi. In fact this goes to all att class, if you have good gears you should do good dmg, of course according to their strength and weakness. this isnt a free for all barn lolol

In any case thanks for your reply Salve, now i go enjoy the Sun. I am just glad they didnt completely F*** up Templars..... just like walkingdeadnyc said. (rohan misses you!)
    Last edited by Mixture; 08-03-2019 at 04:04 AM.

Well in my opinion templar is still fked. Let's compare with diff chars: same geared temp vs dhan (avenger or pred) ... with 95% surety temp will lose. Guardian vs temp, temp will lose. Ranger vs temp. Temp will lose. I admit I don't have the op stuff or w/e, but damn i can say for sure that non upg dhan with ****ier rings, can wreck my upg temp ezpez. Guardian as well. And well I don't have ranger :P

In reality temp is only good while you had godlike stuff on, but nevertheless dhan/guard/ranger/sage/dk will all easily have much easier time pvp-ing than a temp. So temp is still fked. This game is not played only by upg, +18 rings/accs/ abys templars to say that "temp is too op, i'd cut his att speed to 0". Imagine smb wanting to go to pa and get those pouches at the end of the season (that individual doesn't have upg). Forget about getting any points with templar, every race will be killing mobs faster than a temp. Forget about killing smb in PA, literally I struggle on temp there with upg, +21 rings +12 armors. I go on nonupg - ranger/wiz/sage/guard/dhan/dk/scout/ anything really ... way easier.

I scale how good/bad balance for temp is by checking if i can rape my temp with ****ier geared chars, and so far, a lot of those classes do have advantage over templar. You should try it out, log alts go colli, and try some, just align those chars against each other and whack away. well temp can pretty much hit and thats it, and guard goes os+cs, dhan has mindblowing dps so no comment needed, well ranger can has combos, sage is just taank along with dk gl with that. Just gear them the same and check. Not to mention you can hit on temp in pa only 1p mobs for people who are abt 100k melee on temp, rest is 200s (100 points, 10 points)
    Too many secrets are locked inside your minds, but you're all equal in life, equal in love.

Origin - Delish (Templar)
    Origin - Maestro (priest)
    Origin - Vendigo (Wizard)

I am guildless HOHOHO (jainus)

Ur not wrong for sure but for me templar was never the best PVP class it was just the best most cost-efficient class in the game.

Hit huge stable damage numbers even with sub-par equipment
    Have the ability to kill mobs solo with efficiency
    Costs the least amount of 7s

Now ever since then playwith has made every class fit into this box with the exception of the cost of 7s but at the same time the character investment is significantly higher so what is more important now is that you actually enjoy playing whatever class you pick. I have every class in the game even though templar is the highest lvl for me at +27. Since I have an upg dagger I am kinda locked into guardian however I really miss how cheap templar was as far as 7s go. Since every class requires costumes and talismans and etc.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic6000 View Post
    Well in my opinion templar is still fked. Let's compare with diff chars: same geared temp vs dhan (avenger or pred) ... with 95% surety temp will lose. Guardian vs temp, temp will lose. Ranger vs temp. Temp will lose. I admit I don't have the op stuff or w/e, but damn i can say for sure that non upg dhan with ****ier rings, can wreck my upg temp ezpez. Guardian as well. And well I don't have ranger :P

In reality temp is only good while you had godlike stuff on, but nevertheless dhan/guard/ranger/sage/dk will all easily have much easier time pvp-ing than a temp. So temp is still fked. This game is not played only by upg, +18 rings/accs/ abys templars to say that "temp is too op, i'd cut his att speed to 0". Imagine smb wanting to go to pa and get those pouches at the end of the season (that individual doesn't have upg). Forget about getting any points with templar, every race will be killing mobs faster than a temp. Forget about killing smb in PA, literally I struggle on temp there with upg, +21 rings +12 armors. I go on nonupg - ranger/wiz/sage/guard/dhan/dk/scout/ anything really ... way easier.

I scale how good/bad balance for temp is by checking if i can rape my temp with ****ier geared chars, and so far, a lot of those classes do have advantage over templar. You should try it out, log alts go colli, and try some, just align those chars against each other and whack away. well temp can pretty much hit and thats it, and guard goes os+cs, dhan has mindblowing dps so no comment needed, well ranger can has combos, sage is just taank along with dk gl with that. Just gear them the same and check. Not to mention you can hit on temp in pa only 1p mobs for people who are abt 100k melee on temp, rest is 200s (100 points, 10 points)
    I agree with a some of the things you have said. For example assuming the same gear, dhan is more likely to come out on top. not sure about other chars tho. I tend not to compare anything to dhans because they are in a league of their own in both crit rate and speed. So much so that a dhan can use nurse instead of hero and still be effective because they are doing consistent dmg at fast speeds.
    Usually i wouldn't compare classes because i believe all classes are unique in their own way but with this recent change in templars att speed .... meh whatever lol

But trust me it could have been worse but thankfully it wasnt. NOT YET ANYWAY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast