+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Review on scouts? Also best supports in game right now?

I’m a returning player making a scout and would like to know some info on how they are in the current meta. As well as good support like vit defender, psy priest, etc. (Also agi pred is support?) If i could get a rundown on what skills NOT to get, that would be helpful. Thanks! All info helps!

Scouts are very gear-dependant. They lack pdef and mdef compared to other classes. They are fun to play though, I wouldn't like to miss mine anymore. There will be a class update for half elves next maintenance, I hope for a cute boost with it. I'm able to solo mirror dungeons because of an upg bow + goodish Abyss. Without that I would need a solid tanker with me in party.

If you ask me you don't need to lvl 6 your AOEs. I'm not really using them since I have scatter shot anymore except of the bleeding.

My skills are:
    Last edited by knuffl88; 05-15-2019 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knuffl88 View Post
    Scouts are very gear-dependant. They lack pdef and mdef compared to other classes. They are fun to play though, I wouldn't like to miss mine anymore. There will be a class update for half elves next maintenance, I hope for a cute boost with it. I'm able to solo mirror dungeons because of an upg bow + goodish Abyss. Without that I would need a solid tanker with me in party.

If you ask me you don't need to lvl 6 your AOEs. I'm not really using them since I have scatter shot anymore except of the bleeding.

My skills are:
    d
    Get the sharp melee buff. You'll get the damage boost once the mobs enter your 10m (7m for lvl 6) radius.

For supports, I prefer Rumirs. Without UPG, critical hits of mirror mobs (don't get me started with abyss mobs) can kill you in few seconds. Rumir can perma loop your scout to not just absorb the incoming critical hits but to heal a certain percentage of it. They also have all-stat buff, variety of healing skills, and if you gear them they can help with dps too. But if you can login more than 2 clients, then feel free to use other support class.

knuffl88 is right about the balance patch. Nobody knows for sure what changes will it bring. So if you start playing scout now be sure to keep the lvl 50 reward stat/skill reset for future use. We don't know what skills become suddenly important or suddenly useless.

Quote Originally Posted by yinggamer View Post
    Get the sharp melee buff. You'll get the damage boost once the mobs enter your 10m (7m for lvl 6) radius.
    Like for real? o.o How can that be worth it?

My melee attack sucks ass even with all ingame-boosts (crit aura + empower + alm + rumir buff) it's at 23k - lol. With my ulti skill it hits around 32k.

That melee buff gives me a max of 30% melee attack boost at lvl 7. That's pretty much nothing based on the amount I have... Doesn't make any sense to me.

Like for real? o.o How can that be worth it?

My melee attack sucks ass even with all ingame-boosts (crit aura + empower + alm + rumir buff) it's at 23k - lol. With my ulti skill it hits around 32k.

That melee buff gives me a max of 30% melee attack boost at lvl 7. That's pretty much nothing based on the amount I have... Doesn't make any sense to me.
    It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not. Try it and you'll see a huge difference.

Mortal Rising actual effect does not reflect its skill description. There are other things that doesn't make sense in this game... until you try it.

thank you for all the tips! and for sharp melee buff. youre saying there is a hidden stat that boosts all dmg? so my range will also be better?

My skills are:

This is the build I would recommand anyone playing scout. (A-A B-B meaning the linked skills i reduced and lvled up with the reduced points)

1. Sharp Melee: Flat damage percentage increased when your target is in an x meter range from you (say you deal 1000 damage on long range and sharp melee gives 30% at 7M that means if your target is at 6 meter away he will receive 1300 damage). This is a must have for every scout.
    2. Both scout/ranger are preferably burst oriented classes, bleeding shot is sustain damage that doesn't fit the profile of these classes. bleeding AOE is good in PVE but the bleeding shot single target is ass if you ask me.
    3. Enchanted Arrow gives you a certain amount of ranged attack based on the bolts you're using, in reality this comes down to a few 100 RA maybe, it really isn't worth the skillpoints
    4. Double strike is great, it's like 4 arrows shot at once, damage wise and if you crit it's even better. I prefer this skill over bleeding shot any day.

PS: I forgot to edit the remaining skill points, you should have 2 remaining points that both go to your ULTI, you'll have full build with 0 points left.
    Last edited by White Arctic Fox; 05-15-2019 at 05:05 AM.
    Salve - Dragon Sage
    Superiors - Guildmaster

New/Returning Player Guide
    http://forum.playrohan.com/forum/sho...#axzz5nYmMs51h

Both are very nice builds. I was gonna use the first one but thought about some skills, then I decided I will use yours because I also agree with all of your points. Also wondering if there is a Vit or Str Defender skill tree I could compare notes to. It's nice having people like ya'll help out on my decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by White Arctic Fox View Post

1. Sharp Melee: Flat damage percentage increased when your target is in an x meter range from you (say you deal 1000 damage on long range and sharp melee gives 30% at 7M that means if your target is at 6 meter away he will receive 1300 damage). This is a must have for every scout.
    This is what i'm talking about on not taking certain skills in a way. I appreciate you telling me what this skill really means I will definitely be using it now. Would've NEVER figured out this skill without someone having to tell me.