+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Templar Build - Lookin For uptodate Build

Every guide I look at is very out of date, but evertime I see a skill build I notice holy light hasn't been taken?
    is there reason for this advice much appreciated

Nobody interested in writing them anymore. In any case I think there is a wiki or two out there to find out that kind of thing.

- Full INT

White Mage:

Templar:

PS: Shieldstrike can be made 6 in case you use a shield, I use a guarder, thus it's lvl 1 (2 with SES)

Fail with no magic barier lmao

No points in magic barrier and no points in saint strike even with all the absurd lvls of stat inflation is surprising to me. Drop heal to 2+ses unless your gonna 7 it or drop instant heal to 1+ses because you have enough int to full heal anyways. Net bind lvl 6 on a decently geared templar seems suspect as well.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

Quote Originally Posted by iceboyhn View Post
    Fail with no magic barier lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyangel View Post
    No points in magic barrier and no points in saint strike even with all the absurd lvls of stat inflation is surprising to me. Drop heal to 2+ses unless your gonna 7 it or drop instant heal to 1+ses because you have enough int to full heal anyways. Net bind lvl 6 on a decently geared templar seems suspect as well.
    Magical barrier at lvl 7 is like 1600% psy to block initial damage I think. You don't have any psy buffs as temp so a really pro temp could get 4k psy self maybe. Meaning you'll block 16*4000 = 64.000 damage. You have to select yourself for it, stop attacking a target and go through the cast emote. Say this takes you 3-4 seconds. In that same time you can also attack someone for maybe 5-6 hit which do 15-20k damage each. You just basically give up 80-110k damage to tank 64k, which, if you're vs a pred/temp with similar gear, will result in a negative balance of damage. QED, magical barrier is not useful. This becomes even worse when you're in a party where your damage will scale up exponentially while your barrier scales lineary. It's simple maths

As for saint strike, don't feel it's worth the points since you deal more than enough damage with AA & AOE

The reason I take net bind is also quite simple, the main way to counter a templar is debuff + vaccum, at that point you're a heal/root/stun support. If you're vs another OP dps which isn't vaccumed too, the best thing to do is debuff + netbind them to cancel out like 40% of your vac time.

Feel free to build temp as you like, there's other preferences possible which may or may not suit your playstyle better. This build is for me the best way to play

PS: you will not heal full with heal at lvl 6, heal + instant heal will do about 80-90% of your HP if you don't have a PA badge. With pa badge your heals are a joke.
    Salve / Verde

Magic barrier is something you cast while picking your next target you really should have that especially with all stats everything life. Saint strike DPS adds up especially on bosses but if you only want to press ~ and forget it then I guess thats whatever.

If you are getting debuffed/vac when there are derpy predators that crit like 100k+ damage something wrong with gaem!

Iuno if the way of the templar has changed since I quit but heal was just there for appearances true health replenishment only comes from tds/wines/waters.

Iceyy~~No longer a Rohan Expert
    ROHAN: Game s0x
    Unofficial post count: Whatever it says on the left + 9461

I never noticed any top temps buffing MB.

@OP maybe it’s worth trying but if you don’t have Chakras +18 and Abyss/ Opa armor I wouldn’t bother with it.